Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#1 Posted : 06 March 2015 12:01:33(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello all,
I need 20 passenger road cars and 10 trucks (H0) for my first project. Here are my requirements

- Should be less expensive (less than 5 dollars per piece)
- I'm not so keen on precision and and fine details.

Could you suggest any online shop URLs from Europe or USA or India meeting my requirements?

Regards,
Mahdu

Note: Passenger road cars as in Volvo, Ford, Chevy etc etc.

Edited by user 07 April 2015 11:47:03(UTC)  | Reason: Gave the clear definition of Passenger Cars

Offline Baron von Zach  
#2 Posted : 06 March 2015 12:07:51(UTC)
Baron von Zach

United Kingdom   
From which era should those cars be?
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#3 Posted : 06 March 2015 12:12:19(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
I'm not so particular on any the era. I'll be happy if they are from era 4 and 5. If I get older ones, I'm perfectly okay with them too.
Regards,
Madhu
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 06 March 2015 12:59:12(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Mahdu,

A couple of years ago Jouef were selling packs of freight wagons in blister packs which came to around the price you are quoting. I bought three different sets and ended up with two tanker wagons, two livestock wagons, two lowside wagons with containers, one lowside wagon, two refrigerated wagons, and two coal gondolas.

The wagons came with metal wheels and couplers in NEM pockets, so turned out to be really good value.

Two or three came in bright colours more suitable for young children's play, so I repainted those and finished them with some simple decals.

If you can't find cheap sets like this perhaps you can try on ebay for lots containing many wagons. These can usually be found with some wagons needing attention, but for a good price per wagon
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#5 Posted : 06 March 2015 13:39:04(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello Ray,

Sorry for the confusion. I meant passenger ROAD cars and trucks. The ones that run on roads and not on our tracks.

Regards,
Madhu
Offline Alsterstreek  
#6 Posted : 06 March 2015 14:43:45(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Check here:

https://shop.miniatur-wu...o/schuco-model-cars.html

According to terms & conditions at the lower end of the webpage worldwide UPS shipment offered and PayPal accepted.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline RayF  
#7 Posted : 06 March 2015 14:45:09(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: madhu.gn.71 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Ray,

Sorry for the confusion. I meant passenger ROAD cars and trucks. The ones that run on roads and not on our tracks.

Regards,
Madhu

Blushing Sorry, I guess I made some assumptions!

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#8 Posted : 07 March 2015 18:21:38(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Thank you very much for the info AK!
That answered my question. I'll update you all once the consignment arrives. Till then I will not change the status of this question to 'solved'.

Thank you Ray! I'll contact you for sure next time when I plan to expand my rolling stock collection.
regards n nice weekend all!
Madhu
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by madhu.gn.71
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#9 Posted : 09 March 2015 09:54:01(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello AK,

I wish I was in Germany for a short duration;) The shipping cost+insurance was 42 euroes which I don't know for sure, is more or less. But the prices are pretty less. Thank you for suggesting this link.
I'm furthermore excited of the fact that I'm receiving a package from Miniature Wunderland!!

Following is the list of vehicles that will be added to my layout traffic soon:) And this is my first automobiles buy!

Name : Quantity
  1. Schuco 25580 Q7 THW 2
    Schuco 26939-03 H0 LKW THW 1
    Schuco 26008 H0 VW T2a Bus "ASB" 2
    Wiking H0 VW Passat silber Variant Sammlermodell 1
    Adventsangebot 15.12.2012 : 7 Schuco cars on a Tin-Plate Card (1:87) 1
    Schuco 25725 Beetle Fire department 2
    Schuco 26057 H0 VW Käfer "DRK Präsidium" 2
    Kibri 18468 H0 MB SK THW "Sondhofen" 1
    Welly H0 73142 Porsche Panamera blau 2
    Welly H0 73144 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG silber 2
    Schuco 25847 H0 Mercedes-Benz E-Klasse T-Modell silber 2
    Wiking H0 VW Golf plus silber VW-Sondermodell 2

Will update the pics once I receive the post.

Regards,
Madhu
Offline Alsterstreek  
#10 Posted : 09 March 2015 13:03:27(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   

I expected you to select this one:

Adventsangebot 15.12.2012 : 7 Schuco cars on a Tin-Plate Card (1:87)

I hope that Indian customs are merciful.

:o)

Offline madhu.gn.71  
#11 Posted : 09 March 2015 14:18:26(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
AK, I did not disappoint you by not selecting 7 Schuco cars :)

I will have to pay some more.... Brutal import tax! Cursing I thought the shipping and packing cost was all that I had to pay. It will be reaching me via DHL.
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#12 Posted : 23 March 2015 11:54:11(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello all, Ak,
My package has arrived:) . AK, No extra taxes were levied! Will have a long unpacking session this evening!

Will start a new thread "Show us your H0 vehicle purchases 2015 edition:)" and post these pics there :)

Thank you all for the suggestions
Regards,
Madhu
madhu.gn.71 attached the following image(s):
2015FirstBuy.jpg
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by madhu.gn.71
Offline DV  
#13 Posted : 23 March 2015 23:28:37(UTC)
DV

Australia   
G'day Madhu,

I also received my shipment of Schuco vehicles yesterday and am wondering what your postage costs were?

I was charged €35.29 for 14 items (the box was smaller than yours and it was not well packed, very loose with some paper placed over the top of the items) in my initial account (the German VAT was also not deducted). I had paid by paypal.

On the box it stated that the actual cost of postage was €12.28.Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Hard to believe that the packaging cost were over €20Scared Scared Scared

I was charged nearly three times as much. Kind of negates the 'cheap' pricesCrying Sad ThumbDown of their on-line shop.

I was going to order some more items - Schuco, Kibri and Wiking cars, along with some Vollmer houses, the order coming to just over €200. The postage I was going to be charged was €87, that's over 40% of the total cost of goods.....Yikes Scared Scared Scared .

I deal a lot with MSL and their internet ordering, postage and payment systems beats this store hands down.

Needles to say, they really don't want overseas customersSad Sad, and I will not be shopping with themThumbDown ThumbDown ThumbDown
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#14 Posted : 24 March 2015 06:07:07(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello Dusan,

My shipment and postage cost was 42 Euros. The actual cost of the commodity was 91 Euros (total 132 Euro). As you mentioned, on the parcel box the postage cost was only 12.** Euros. I did not see any mentioning of 19% VAT deduction either. I second you on the fact that shipping and packing cost was indeed high. The package arrived in a carton box with some brown scrap paper stuffing. But all the articles arrived safely except that one box did not have the "Schuco cardboard wrap". This was my first ever online overseas purchase. I was just wondering if I had dealt with MSL, would this have been any cheaper?

I'm happy with all the vechiles though:) Especially the tinplate set. The website said the package will contain 7 tinplate cars. But there were 10 cars for 16.92 Euros.

Regards,
Madhu
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#15 Posted : 24 March 2015 06:10:17(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
And one more thing, as the quantity and price of the commodities increase, their shipping and packaging will also increase. While checking out my cart, I noticed that addition of couple of more articles increased the Shipping and Handling charges by 15 Euros (from 42 euroes to 57). Looks like they have prefixed handling charges slab.
Offline H0  
#16 Posted : 24 March 2015 07:52:44(UTC)
H0

Hi!
I did not see any mentioning of 19% VAT deduction either.
I just played a bit with their webshop.
I put a Schuco car into the shopping car and the price was € 6.90.
Then I changed destination to Australia - and the price of the car was reduced to € 5.80. Postage was € 13 (uninsured).
Changed quantity to 10 and postage costs went up to € 57 (insured).

My conclusion: they deduct VAT automatically. Postage costs include packaging and insurance. Postage costs may be estimated and this estimation may be on the safe side from their point of view.

It's always good to compare different web shops before placing an order.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline DV  
#17 Posted : 24 March 2015 23:05:30(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Time for me to eat humble pieBlushing Blushing Blushing Blushing Blushing .

I replied to their initial verification of order email and explained that I was not impressed that I was charged nearly three times as much postage and that I would like a refund of €20. I also complained that I wanted to purchase over €200 worth of items and was not happy with the €87 postage. I also offered to email them my order and they could then email me the actual cost of postage and I would gladly pay with paypal once I got their account details.

I also wrote in the email the same message in German (English first, then translate with Google Translate to German, then that German text back to English, to see if it makes sense...and after a few minor changes, it didBigGrin )

Still am waiting for a reply to the email postge questionConfused Confused

Well, to my pleasant surprise, I received an email back showing the order details with a credit memo....they refunded €20 to my paypal account (and paypal verified it).ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Dunno, might have been the last line I wrote - 'Do you not want customers from overseas????'

Perhaps they do want overseas customers that order large amountsRollEyes RollEyes RollEyes .

So Madhu, write them an email complaining about their postage and ask for the amount of actual postage to what you paid. Hopefully you will receive a refund of €30ThumpUp ThumpUp

Tom, I realise that it was postage and insurance, but when I order from MSL I get postage, insurance and a notification advising the shipment number and it is still a better cost than this dealer on even larger and heavier packages.

I will now attempt (again) to write to them and see if they will refund postage on my next order when I am overcharged postageSmile

In conclusion I am very impressed with their quick returned service.....well doneThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Dusan V
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#18 Posted : 25 March 2015 05:37:45(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello Dusan,

Thank you very much for that piece of info. I will write to them today. Could you confirm if this is the mail ID which you used for correspondence : shop@miniatur-wunderland.de ?
Offline DV  
#19 Posted : 25 March 2015 07:45:49(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Hello Dusan,

Thank you very much for that piece of info. I will write to them today. Could you confirm if this is the mail ID which you used for correspondence : shop@miniatur-wunderland.de ?

Sure isBigGrin

BUT, what I did was to use the email they sent me confirming the order by replying, as in the heading it had the order number. So therefore there was all the information they required to do the refund. Hopefully you have that emailThumpUp ThumpUp
Dusan V
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DV
Offline H0  
#20 Posted : 25 March 2015 08:04:24(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post
Tom, I realise that it was postage and insurance, but when I order from MSL I get postage, insurance and a notification advising the shipment number and it is still a better cost than this dealer on even larger and heavier packages.
MSL is a software company with an MRR shop. Maybe their shop software does a better job with respect to estimating overseas postage costs than that of MiWuLa.

I would not be surprised if your e-mails can "push" MiWuLa towards real-world postage costs.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#21 Posted : 07 April 2015 11:44:52(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello Dusan,
I got a mail from Miniatur Wunderland and got 20 Euroes refund through PayPal. I'm changing the status of this query to solved
Regards
Madhu
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by madhu.gn.71
Offline DV  
#22 Posted : 08 April 2015 00:33:00(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Madhu,
great newsThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp .

I have ordered some more items from them and was charged €82 for postageScared Scared Scared Cursing

I did qualify in the comments part of the order, that when I receive my goods I will expect a partial refund between the actual postage and what was originally charged.

I will expect a whole refund on the VAT also.

So far no reply.

Hopefully goods will arrive in the next couple of weeks.
Dusan V
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DV
Offline river6109  
#23 Posted : 08 April 2015 04:17:07(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
When I purchase from overseas, I always make sure before buying what the postage is and it can vary quite a bit. the cheapest I've found although a friend of mine buys more items than me and he doesn't charge me postage, its free but the amount he pays is not more than Euro 35.00, arrives here between 10-14 days and I think there is a weight limit up to 5 kg.

on a few occasions I have queried the postage and have received a refund but it shouldn't be the case for the customer has to lodge a refund or spending time to sort out irregularities.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Shamu  
#24 Posted : 13 April 2015 08:09:32(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Sorry Madhu,

I'm late to the party with this but I could not remember the dealers name until now so it would have been pointless me commenting.

derminiaturautohaendler is the eBay's dealers name.

http://stores.ebay.de/derminiaturautohaendler/

It is best to go to eBay DE otherwise 80% of his items won't show up in the listings.

Vehicles from €3 and up but most under €9. I have purchased from him several times and even with 12 cars/trucks only pay €3.90 postage to Oz.

Worth a look, sorry it took me so long to remember/find his name.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#25 Posted : 13 April 2015 08:32:01(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello Shamu,
Better late than never:) Thank you for the information! I would consider this as one of the options when I shop online next time.
Best Regards
Madhu