Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ricardo watkins  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2015 16:35:13(UTC)
Ricardo watkins

United Kingdom   
Page 42 on instruction book says unscrew brush cover plate and lift of but I can not get it off help
Offline steventrain  
#2 Posted : 14 March 2015 18:30:28(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
What catalogue ref number?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline NZMarklinist  
#3 Posted : 15 March 2015 00:21:11(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Ricardo watkins Go to Quoted Post
Page 42 on instruction book says unscrew brush cover plate and lift of but I can not get it off help

Unless the commutator (brass thing the brushes rub on) needs cleaning there is no need to take the cover off ! (Assuming it is a Marklin model ?)

For LCFM early model 3021 etc., or DCM later model digital etc., in both cases it is just necessary to ease the brush retainer springs back and to one side (I use a very small screw driver for this) then if the brushes won't fall out because of gunk or WHU, try a sharp little "pick" to get them out !
If they do look oily, only then should you have to worry about removing the motor cover, and again a very small (jewellers grade) screwdriver usually helps !

As Stephen was asking, we need to know your V200's Catalogue number to be more specific Blink Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline Ricardo watkins  
#4 Posted : 16 March 2015 09:58:22(UTC)
Ricardo watkins

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post

Unless the commutator (brass thing the brushes rub on) needs cleaning there is no need to take the cover off ! (Assuming it is a Marklin model ?)

For LCFM early model 3021 etc., or DCM later model digital etc., in both cases it is just necessary to ease the brush retainer springs back and to one side (I use a very small screw driver for this) then if the brushes won't fall out because of gunk or WHU, try a sharp little "pick" to get them out !
If they do look oily, only then should you have to worry about removing the motor cover, and again a very small (jewellers grade) screwdriver usually helps !

As Stephen was asking, we need to know your V200's Catalogue number to be more specific Blink Smile

I believe the loco is catalogue number 37820 underneath the chasis there is another number H5074 902 I looked at what you said about moving the brush retainer springs but without moving the horse shoe shaped plate with a screw in it, there are a lot of wires in the way! Sorry about the delay struggling with the website
Offline Ricardo watkins  
#5 Posted : 18 March 2015 10:04:32(UTC)
Ricardo watkins

United Kingdom   
Anybody out there .the v200 motor has two suppressors in the way of the carbon brushes also some wiring and this cover plate will not lift of any ideas
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 18 March 2015 10:57:00(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Anybody out there .the v200 motor has two suppressors in the way of the carbon brushes also some wiring and this cover plate will not lift of any ideas
Did you take both screws out? Can you show us a photo?

Under the chassis you find the serial number (not helpful for us).

The current manual for the 37820 has 32 pages (copy URL to address field).
Code:
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/37820_betrieb.pdf

The front page of the manual usually gives the ref. number of the loco.
Which number is on the loco? Is it 221 125-8?

Why are you trying to take the motor shield off? What are you trying to achieve?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Ricardo watkins  
#7 Posted : 18 March 2015 21:49:23(UTC)
Ricardo watkins

United Kingdom   
Front of book says br220/221(v200) I am trying to replace the carbon brushes
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 18 March 2015 22:18:53(UTC)
H0

I am trying to replace the carbon brushes
Metal springs hold the brushes in place. Pull the springs back (with a small screwdriver or tweezers).

See page 29 in this manual:
Code:
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/37804_betrieb.pdf
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Ricardo watkins  
#9 Posted : 24 March 2015 09:56:35(UTC)
Ricardo watkins

United Kingdom   
V200 carbon brushes fitted them anybody with a problem see me. What are those yellow faces has somebody let their children play on their laptops
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 24 March 2015 15:09:40(UTC)
H0

Yellow faces can be seen in many Internet fora:
Link to Wikipedia (click here) ThumpUp Wink Cool
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0