Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2015 18:54:44(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin Facebook.

Update for the 60653 Mobile Station

In the last few weeks, we have received warranty claims about malfunctioning of the speed control knob on the 60653 Mobile Station. This malfunctioning involves irregular leaps in speed when turning the speed up or decreases in speed instead of the desired change in the other direction. Our software developers have been able to pin down the error and have readied a solution. The Mobile Station must be updated to the new software version 2.5 in order to correct this error.

There are in principle two ways to download this software version on to the Mobile Station. Anyone installing the current update for the Central Station 2 (Item Numbers 60213 – 60215) on to the Central Station via the Internet also receives this software for the Mobile Station installed on the latter device. If a Mobile Station with a software version before 2.5. is then connected to this Central Station as another locomotive controller, the Central Station recognizes this out-of-date status in the Mobile Station and offers to install the update in the Mobile Station. Please confirm the start of this process and do not separate the two devices until the update is completely ended.

Alternatively, this update can also be triggered by a 60653 Mobile Station with the current software status for the 60653 that is connected together with another 60653 Mobile Station to the 60112 or 60113 connector box.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 17 February 2015 19:10:01(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Is there an update procedure for people who have one Mobile Station (from a Start Set) and who don't have the Central Station or a second Mobile Station? One more question, in order to update using the procedure outlined in the last sentence, I presume that the MS has to be connected to a second MS that is already updated, which brings us back to my first question, how do you update that MS if you don't have a CS?

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 17 February 2015 20:12:54(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Is there an update procedure for people who have one Mobile Station (from a Start Set) and who don't have the Central Station or a second Mobile Station?
Yep. Märklin recommend to visit the friendly M* dealer with the MS2 once or twice a year. May not work well for people in Canada, the UK, and many other countries.
Some not so friendly German dealers charge for this service. Some don't have a Central Station and cannot update MS2s at all.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline witzlerh  
#4 Posted : 18 February 2015 00:40:07(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
Mike. Ask around. I heard of some Marklinists in your neighbourhood. Perhaps one has a CS2 that you can jack in.

If you are coming to Calgary for SUPERTRAIN 2015 in April 18, 19, I will be there with my CS2 for MS upgrades for the local members.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by witzlerh
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#5 Posted : 18 February 2015 03:26:45(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
I too had the similar query which Mike had. That means for me in India, this will be a far fetched activity. All Indian Maerklin enthusiasts whom I know have only 60653. Not good:(
Regards
Madhu
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 18 February 2015 04:14:02(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I am not in regular contact with very many Maerklin modelers in Montreal. There may have been a handful in the 1980s when I worked at the local hobby shop that was a dealer and Mr. Kant had a few of them as regulars later on at his photo shop, but there were not that many. I have a few contacts outside of Montreal and I may be able to get assistance from one of them. There is Modellbahn Ott about an hour from my brother's place in PA (an eight hour drive).

In the meantime, I will surely be addressing the issue of upgrades for people who don't have the CS with Maerklin representatives.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Mark5  
#7 Posted : 18 February 2015 06:40:57(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Hi Mike,

Toronto might be a bit far, but I found Mike, the Marklin dealer at West-end Trains, to be very helpful and reasonable.
- Mark

DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#8 Posted : 18 February 2015 18:11:52(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
It truly is a pain in the proverbial - been having speed control issues for years now with one of my 60653; i believe it was supposed to have been rectified with v1.8??.....I eventually sent it back to M, who upgraded to v2,3....now I have to upgrade to 2,5?!!??
Here in CT the dealer does NOT have a CS......ah well, all part of the fun of model railroading.....let me go and run some trains to unwind after a hard day at the office......BigGrin
Joe
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Joseph Meiring
Offline Unholz  
#9 Posted : 18 February 2015 18:43:44(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Joe Meiring Go to Quoted Post
It truly is a pain in the proverbial...

...I fully agree! Why can't Märklin offer some kind of download patch? I do not own a CS2 and never will - and I nowadays generally buy new items on-line, so I simply do not want to wander into the shop of any unknown dealer, look around frantically as if in search of a rest-room and then sheepishly ask "Er, I don't want to buy anything, but could you please update this stupid gadget?".
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline Gert-Jan  
#10 Posted : 18 February 2015 20:48:47(UTC)
Gert-Jan

Originally Posted by: Joe Meiring Go to Quoted Post
It truly is a pain in the proverbial - been having speed control issues for years now with one of my 60653; i believe it was supposed to have been rectified with v1.8??.....I eventually sent it back to M, who upgraded to v2,3....now I have to upgrade to 2,5?!!??

I have my CS2 and additional MS2 for some months now. I also experienced the 'jumping knob' issue.
Annoyed me a lot, since my former MS1 had similar issue (but that appeared hardware related).

Anyway, I am able to upgrade and I am happy v2.5 fixes this issue!
I was at the point of returning it to M by means of the 'international guarantee' offered.

I buy a lot on ebay.de, so in general it is just as quick to send it directly to M instead of the dealer (must be a official listed dealer though...)
Mosty era III DB.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Gert-Jan
Offline mike c  
#11 Posted : 19 February 2015 06:03:49(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I must admit that I have not run into this issue with my controller which came from a 29486 set. I do not know what version it has. My biggest frustration with this unit has to do with it's repeated refusal to add new locomotives under some circumstances. Usually deleting a locomotive or two from the ten slots solves that issue. I am holding off on a Central Station until they come out with one that also features direct access by address.

Regards

Mike C
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#12 Posted : 19 February 2015 07:39:14(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Please help me understand one more thing. If there is an MS 2 running on software version 2.5 and I connect a slave that is running on a lower version using 60113, the slave will be automatically updated to 2.5? Is this understanding of mine correct?
Regards,
Madhu
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 19 February 2015 08:00:38(UTC)
H0

I am holding off on a Central Station until they come out with one that also features direct access by address.
That feature came with version 3.5 of the CS2 software.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#14 Posted : 19 February 2015 08:02:14(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: madhu.gn.71 Go to Quoted Post
If there is an MS 2 running on software version 2.5 and I connect a slave that is running on a lower version using 60113, the slave will be automatically updated to 2.5? Is this understanding of mine correct?
No, there is a menu entry that allows you to start the update.
IIRC some files will be transferred automatically (after a yes/no prompt), but the firmware upgrade must be started manually.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline mike c  
#15 Posted : 26 February 2015 05:01:50(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
As I mentioned in my earlier post in this topic (#6), I contacted Maerklin:

Quote:
Sehr geehrte Herren,

Ich bin Besitzer eine Mobile Station 60653 (aus dem Startset 29486).
Ich habe vor einigen Tagen die unten angehängter Meldung bekommen.
Da Ich nur eine Mobile Station habe und keine Central Station, wie stellen Sie vor dass Ich meine MS2 aktualisieren soll?
Es gibt kein Maerklin Händler innerhalb 500km von mir.

Ich warte auf Ihre Vorschläge wie Ich das Update durchführen soll?

MfG

Michael C
Montreal, Canada

Dear Sirs:

I am the owner of a Mobile Station 60653 from the 29486 Startset (BLS)
I received the attached message a few days ago. As I only have the one Mobile Station and do not own a Central Station, how to do suggest that I upgrade my MS2? The nearest authorized dealer is over 500km from Montreal.
I await your suggestions as to how to solve this problem and complete the upgrade.

Best regards

Michael C

Today, I received the following reply:

Quote:
Sehr geehrter Herr C,

als Alternative können wir Ihnen nur anbieten, dass Sie uns das Gerät zusenden und wir das Update für Sie durchführen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr Märklin Kundenberater

F Mayer
Gebr. Märklin & Cie. GmbH
Kundenservice
Postfach 960
D-73009 Göppingen

English translation: As alternate option we can only offer that you send the unit to us and we will complete the update for you.

I don't know how often they update the software, but at $50 a pop (if they pay the return shipping), it might just be better to skip a few upgrades and then just buy a new one. Eurorailhobbies has the 60653 at $130. I do have to give them credit for the offer though.
What do you think? Would you send your MS2 back to Maerklin if you had no other way to do the update?

Regards

Mike C
Offline kiwiAlan  
#16 Posted : 26 February 2015 13:10:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Quote:
Sehr geehrte Herren,

Da Ich nur eine Mobile Station habe und keine Central Station, wie stellen Sie vor dass Ich meine MS2 aktualisieren soll?

MfG

Michael C
Montreal, Canada

Dear Sirs:

I received the attached message a few days ago. As I only have the one Mobile Station and do not own a Central Station, how to do suggest that I upgrade my MS2? The nearest authorized dealer is over 500km from Montreal.
I await your suggestions as to how to solve this problem and complete the upgrade.

Best regards

Michael C

Quote:
Sehr geehrter Herr C,

als Alternative können wir Ihnen nur anbieten, dass Sie uns das Gerät zusenden und wir das Update für Sie durchführen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

F Mayer
Kundenservice
Postfach 960
D-73009 Göppingen

English translation: As alternate option we can only offer that you send the unit to us and we will complete the update for you.

I don't know how often they update the software, but at $50 a pop (if they pay the return shipping), it might just be better to skip a few upgrades and then just buy a new one. Eurorailhobbies has the 60653 at $130. I do have to give them credit for the offer though.
What do you think? Would you send your MS2 back to Maerklin if you had no other way to do the update?

Regards

Mike C

Is there noone else on the forum in Canada that could do this for Mike? Would at least save on international shipping and the time it takes Marklin to do things.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline RayF  
#17 Posted : 26 February 2015 17:02:19(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I have no problems with my current MS2, which is still on Version 1.3 I believe. However it is not very good with the mfx+ locos, and I am hoping a software update will fix it.

I have considered buying another MS2 from a starter set. At least one dealer I've seen offers MS2 with the latest Software installed.

Another option for me is to take it with me on my next business trip to Luxembourg which is coming up in March. I buy quite a bit of stuff from the main Marklin dealers there and I'm sure they would do the update for me, especially if I walk out of the shop with a bag of goodies at the same time!

The first option gives me the benefit of a spare controller, which I don't have at the moment. The second will cost me less. I think in the short term I'll have it updated in Luxembourg and then at a later date I'll get a second one with the next update.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Wildrose-Wally  
#18 Posted : 27 February 2015 06:57:26(UTC)
Wildrose-Wally

Canada   
Ask witzlerh, he lives in Sherwood Park by Edmonton. Or come to the SuperTrain show in Calgary on April 18 & 19.

SUPERTRAIN
will be at the
Genesis Centre
7555 Falconridge Blvd NE
April 18 & 19, 2015

http://www.supertrain.ca/index.html

https://www.marklin-user...rofile2638_witzlerh.aspx
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#19 Posted : 27 February 2015 08:12:05(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Is there noone else on the forum in Canada that could do this for Mike?
Shipping to USA should also save a lot of postage - maybe Märklin USA or Walthers? Or a forum member.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Unholz  
#20 Posted : 27 February 2015 08:33:19(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
All helpful advice, but IMHO the question remains:

In these modern times, is this really a customer-friendly solution? Almost everything else that contains software can nowadays be updated by connecting it to the Internet or to a TV cable or by providing a USB stick or something similar. So what are the Marklin guys afraid of? Angry
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline RayF  
#21 Posted : 27 February 2015 08:50:07(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post

In these modern times, is this really a customer-friendly solution? Almost everything else that contains software can nowadays be updated by connecting it to the Internet or to a TV cable or by providing a USB stick or something similar. So what are the Marklin guys afraid of? Angry

I agree. I would imagine the MS3 will have some kind of interface to allow updating. USB would be ideal.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline steventrain  
#22 Posted : 27 February 2015 14:13:41(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
MS2 update to 2.5 successful after CS2 update.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Alsterstreek  
#23 Posted : 27 February 2015 15:24:58(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
I had my "slave" updated at the local M* dealership of my trust. It is only v2.3 and - while accepting updates of various "slave" libraries - my "master" does not want to move from v1.83 to v2.3...

:-(
Online Goofy  
#24 Posted : 27 February 2015 16:03:55(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post

I totally agree with you!
If Märklin do offer customer to update MS2,why is there no USB connecting in the MS2 too!??

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline H0  
#25 Posted : 27 February 2015 16:29:49(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
my "master" does not want to move from v1.83 to v2.3...
You have to push the firmware from the MS2 with the newer software (your "slave") to the one with the older softer (your "master"). Other files are transferred automatically.
The MS2 menu has entries to update the track box and another MS2.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline dukin.joo  
#26 Posted : 03 March 2015 23:56:15(UTC)
dukin.joo

Australia   
Hi everyone,

Can anyone who got the upgrade let me know if it fixed the issue?

My loco on DCC keeps bolting forward when I press the red stop button.
Offline aberthet  
#27 Posted : 04 March 2015 04:25:52(UTC)
aberthet

United States   
Originally Posted by: dukin.joo Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

Can anyone who got the upgrade let me know if it fixed the issue?

My loco on DCC keeps bolting forward when I press the red stop button.

Yes, upgrading my MS2 to rev. 2.5 fixed the speed “bump” issue. With rev. 2.3 when I was increasing the speed of any of my locomotives (w/ mfx decoders) from zero, by rotating the control knob increment by increment (click by click), as the display reached ~ 2.5 bars up, the locomotive speed dropped suddenly and then increased again above 3.5 bars. I don’t have a CS2, but since I live close to a friend who owns one, it was a quick fix.
André
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by aberthet
Online Goofy  
#28 Posted : 07 March 2015 08:02:45(UTC)
Goofy

Version 2.5...
What is there solution and bug fix?
H0
Offline tulit  
#29 Posted : 07 March 2015 12:56:37(UTC)
tulit

Canada   

Quote:
Sehr geehrte Herren,

MfG

Michael C
Montreal, Canada

Dear Sirs:

Best regards

Michael C

Quote:
Sehr geehrter Herr C,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

F Mayer
Kundenservice
Postfach 960
D-73009 Göppingen

Regards

Mike C

Mike, I think you have a lot cheaper choices than sending it to Germany. Feel free to send it to me, I'll be happy to upgrade it for you.
Online Goofy  
#30 Posted : 08 March 2015 14:43:32(UTC)
Goofy

I did contact hobby store by ask if they cold upgrade my MS2.
No answer yet...
What about yourself since you did upgrade MS2?
How does the MS2 works now with the latest version 2.5...?
H0
Online Goofy  
#31 Posted : 10 March 2015 12:31:16(UTC)
Goofy

Is there any bugs in the DCC protocol after upgrade to 2.5...?
H0
Offline H0  
#32 Posted : 10 March 2015 13:49:56(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Is there any bugs in the DCC protocol after upgrade to 2.5...?
Very unlikely. Track protocols are generated in the track box, the update is only for the user interface of the handheld controller.

Many old bugs still around with 2.5, but so far no new bugs I have heard of.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Online Goofy  
#33 Posted : 14 March 2015 19:39:57(UTC)
Goofy

Did visit danish hobby store to upgrade my MS2.
I have now version 2.5.
Not tested yet with my layout...

Edited by user 15 March 2015 06:08:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

H0
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Online Goofy  
#34 Posted : 15 March 2015 17:10:00(UTC)
Goofy

Did just tested MS2 with my BR64.
It works fine.
So far...
H0
Offline Renato  
#35 Posted : 15 March 2015 19:39:54(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi Anders,

Glad to know your BR64 works fine after updating MS2.

Cheers

Renato
Online Goofy  
#36 Posted : 16 March 2015 06:54:16(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Renato Go to Quoted Post
Hi Anders,

Glad to know your BR64 works fine after updating MS2.

Cheers

Renato

There was nothing wrong with the BR64.
Before i did had version 2.3 in my MS2.
Difference between 2.3 to 2.5 seems nothing what i see by use with my trains.

H0
Offline H0  
#37 Posted : 16 March 2015 08:00:14(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Difference between 2.3 to 2.5 seems nothing what i see by use with my trains.
Maybe they fixed a bug that only affects MS2 with new hardware (those with version 2.4) and not those with old hardware (those with version 2.3).

They wrote they fixed a problem with the speed knobs.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Online Goofy  
#38 Posted : 18 March 2015 06:52:14(UTC)
Goofy

Did tested my BR64 by adjust acc/dec and it works okey.
Nothing wrong with the speed knob.
H0
Offline bertc3p0  
#39 Posted : 07 April 2015 18:15:16(UTC)
bertc3p0

Germany   
Hi,

there is another way to update your MS2 to a newer version w/o a CS2. The PC software from M*rklin seems to be a more or less copy of the CS2 software. I wrote a little Linux software which emulates the CS2 CAN gateway. You need a Linux board (e.g Beaglebone Black or CAN-Router http://lnxpps.de/openwrt/wr841/indexe.html) with SocketCAN Interface and can2lan https://github.com/GBert...oad/tree/master/can2udp.
The CS2 PC-Software works fine with the can2lan and the Gleisbox (60113) - even the the actual power consumption is shown :-)

The CS2 software recognized my MS2 with Version 1.81 and offered an update to 2.5 which was done without any problems.

Regards

Gerd
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by bertc3p0
Offline MKOpSeattle  
#40 Posted : 19 July 2015 05:49:06(UTC)
MKOpSeattle

United States   
I'm planning to purchase a MS2 and start my conversion to digital. I called Euro Rail Hobbies in British Columbia, Canada and asked about the SW update. The guy, whom I assumed is the owner since I've been to the store before, seemed knowledgeable but had never heard of the SW issue with MS2's older SW. I asked him if he could check the SW first and if needed, do an update before sending it to me. He said he would charge me for about half an hour's labor if I want to update the SW because he needs to connect the CS to the MS2.Cursing

Does anyone know if Maerklin have updated the SW in the new MS2, and if I buy a new one now, the chance of getting a MS2 with SW 2.5 is very high?

Thank you.

p.s. Is there any Maerklin enthusiast near the Pacific Northwest, or nearby?
Offline H0  
#41 Posted : 19 July 2015 08:12:40(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: MKOpSeattle Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if Maerklin have updated the SW in the new MS2, and if I buy a new one now, the chance of getting a MS2 with SW 2.5 is very high?
Märklin do not update the stocked MS2s when a new SW comes out. Most dealers do not update their stocked MS2s when a new SW comes out.
Who should know how long the MS2 you will get was shelfed at Märklin, at Walthers, at your dealer?

If the dealer cannot guarantee free of charge that the MS2 has the latest software then he obviously does not sell many. Draw your own conclusions.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline glight1  
#42 Posted : 20 July 2015 00:23:18(UTC)
glight1

United States   
I am currently waiting the return of my Mobile Station 2's from AJCKIDS. This will be the third time that I have had issues with the Mobile Station 2 and have sent it to two dealers for updates/fixes.

My question is, what alternatives are there for using some other control device for my layout? I've read about the Railunio and have recently found a site that uses a Raspberry Pi. As I am somewhat digitally challenged, my grasp of what I've read is sketchy at best. I've ask my 'Code Monkey' son to look into this.

Does anyone know anything about other alternatives?
Offline chrisisrang  
#43 Posted : 20 July 2015 07:25:12(UTC)
chrisisrang

Originally Posted by: glight1 Go to Quoted Post
I am currently waiting the return of my Mobile Station 2's from AJCKIDS. This will be the third time that I have had issues with the Mobile Station 2 and have sent it to two dealers for updates/fixes.

Hi! I am just curious to know if your MS2 returns are stemming from faulty HW or older version of the SW/ firmware. I don't think sending back MS2 thrice back to the dealer is a very pleasant situation. I hope you have your issue resolved at the earliest. Cheers
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by chrisisrang
Offline kiwiAlan  
#44 Posted : 20 July 2015 14:44:38(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: chrisisrang Go to Quoted Post

Hi! I am just curious to know if your MS2 returns are stemming from faulty HW or older version of the SW/ firmware. I don't think sending back MS2 thrice back to the dealer is a very pleasant situation. I hope you have your issue resolved at the earliest. Cheers

More to the point, what issues are you having with it?

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline glight1  
#45 Posted : 20 July 2015 15:34:10(UTC)
glight1

United States   
Alan,

In the last incident I was running 3 Loks, everything was running smoothly. I went to adjust the speed for one of the Loks and there was no response. I then tired to turn off the lights; nothing. The Lok kept running as before. I then tried the shunting speed. No response. I tried to dial to one of the other Loks running and again No response. I hit the STOP button. Nothing. I had no control over anything on the tracks. It was frozen. I unplugged the track box from the wall socket, then after waiting awhile, plugged it back in. The Mobile station then came on with the Marklin logo but froze up. None of the buttons would respond.

This MS2 was purchased at AJCKIDS and had a note that it had been updated with the latest software.

The other two failures did not have updates, however, I don't think that was the issue.

There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to run my trains!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by glight1
Offline gerardo960  
#46 Posted : 21 July 2015 01:26:18(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Hi boys there may be a new update before year-end and that it would include new elements.
Offline grnwtrs  
#47 Posted : 21 July 2015 02:26:30(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Alan,

In the last incident I was running 3 Loks, everything was running smoothly. I went to adjust the speed for one of the Loks and there was no response. I then tired to turn off the lights; nothing. The Lok kept running as before. I then tried the shunting speed. No response. I tried to dial to one of the other Loks running and again No response. I hit the STOP button. Nothing. I had no control over anything on the tracks. It was frozen. I unplugged the track box from the wall socket, then after waiting awhile, plugged it back in. The Mobile station then came on with the Marklin logo but froze up. None of the buttons would respond.

This MS2 was purchased at AJCKIDS and had a note that it had been updated with the latest software.

The other two failures did not have updates, however, I don't think that was the issue.

There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to run my trains!

I sure can agree with being unhappy for not running trains because of a defective controller.

I have bought a couple of the MS2'S, the last one back in December 10, 2014. I couldn't find anyone to update the controller I purchased August 12, 2012. This MS2 came with sw ver. 1.81 (ser #? 19AA08 58918) and
I had plenty of problems with the this controller so I thought getting a newer one with current software a had and hardware would somewhat ease my problem. It did, SOMEWHAT! I am slowly learning.

My newest MS2 came with hardware ver 2.1 with software ver 2.4(serial # 102932) It seems to do what
I need to do, but that is very marginal. I plan to update both of these MS2's next week to sw ver. 2.5.

I only hope 2.5 is not vaporware. I would like to get the CS2, but the horror stories (to me) keep
coming. Matter of fact 0308 was discovered this past week. I hope 03081 has better information.

I think AJCKIDS will do right by you, but they will not solve the frustration problemLOL

If you have read this post this far, I do have something meaningful to say to you.

READ Sir Tom's post on the net (google MS2 OR SOMETHING) about the MS2, he provides simple straight forward information
to get you started and keep you interested in the MS2.BigGrin

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by grnwtrs
Offline 3rail4life  
#48 Posted : 21 July 2015 07:18:51(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Originally Posted by: MKOpSeattle Go to Quoted Post
Märklin do not update the stocked MS2s when a new SW comes out. Most dealers do not update their stocked MS2s when a new SW comes out.
Who should know how long the MS2 you will get was shelfed at Märklin, at Walthers, at your dealer?

If the dealer cannot guarantee free of charge that the MS2 has the latest software then he obviously does not sell many. Draw your own conclusions.

Good points Tom, for what it's worth the last MS2' s I received from Germany were all SW Ver. 2.5, but I have no idea if that was done by the dealer or they just came that way. Either way I have always offered the latest updates to anyone that needs them at no charge, it only takes a couple of minutes...
Offline Shintaro  
#49 Posted : 29 August 2015 07:24:22(UTC)
Shintaro

Australia   
My MS2 has just frozen up. No amount of on/off switching has helped.
Is there anyone in AUS I can post it to whom owns a CS2 for updating ?
Offline gerardo960  
#50 Posted : 29 August 2015 15:01:44(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Hello I also own a MS2 with the latest update would have to find out if Märklin is going to launch a new more because we know that next year there are new CS.Mellow