Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklinologos  
#1 Posted : 27 February 2015 19:55:16(UTC)
marklinologos

Greece   
Hi to all marklin fans,

I am trying to install lights (marklin 73400 leds) to marklin passenger set 42767. Could you please give any advise for connect the brown (ground return) from wheels to leds because some of wagons has not any position for metal contacts. Also I am thinking to place pick up shoe in one wagon and put 72020 current couplers and solder a cable on the coupler of every wagon (also has not position for metal contacts of couplers).

Any other ideas will be usefull for me.

Thanking in advance,
Keep Marklin away from China
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 28 February 2015 02:06:59(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The description on the Maerklin.de website does not mention anything about lighting, which slider can be used, etc.
If you find one coach to which you can install one of the clip in sliders and the wheel contacts for the return, you can then use a two pole current conducting coupler (with wire) to connect each successive coach.

Viessmann has a two pole coupler based on the Fleischmann Profi Coupler. You would just have to connect the wires from each coupler to that coach's lighting or wires.
http://www.viessmann-mod...weipolig--2-Stueck-.html

Symoba also has a 2 pole design: http://www.symoba-schnie...g.de/kupplg-produkte.htm

Other than posts about coupling height, I could find no reference to this set and to lighting in Stummi or Drehscheibe Forums. You may decide to send a simple query to service(at)maerklin.de to inquire about lighting the coaches in the set.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
H0
Offline Nigel Packer  
#3 Posted : 28 February 2015 11:58:32(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
This very nice set is rather problematic when it comes to fitting interior lighting.

Officially, there is no lighting available. The real problem is the Mitropa dining car WR4ü. Märklin have been trying to find some spare parts for me for this (from the similar car in the 42765 set), but no luck so far.

The two original Märklin coaches (the AAü Hecht coach number 07178, and the baggage car) will take the normal 73400 lighting sets and the normal pickup shoes and contact parts, or current-conducting couplers.

There are two Trix-based coaches (the green Schlafwagen WL4ü, and the green ABBü number 1354) that I think need the Märklin special parts E46667286 (pickup shoe), 162267 (wheel contact), and 34302711 (lighting unit), one of each of these for each coach. Of course, this will give analogue lighting using bulbs. Also, these coaches will not take the current-conducting couplers, so you will need a pickup shoe for each one (and, optionally, a function decoder to switch the lights on and off), or else solder your own wires to make an inter-coach connection.

I hope this helps! You may decide it's all too much trouble, or possibly go for the battery-operated lighting sets (Train Tech) that were discussed by RayF in another thread. I think these are available only in white colour, though, which may be a bit bright for these old-timer coaches.

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 28 February 2015 23:58:02(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post
This very nice set is rather problematic when it comes to fitting interior lighting.

Officially, there is no lighting available. The real problem is the Mitropa dining car WR4ü. Märklin have been trying to find some spare parts for me for this (from the similar car in the 42765 set), but no luck so far.

The two original Märklin coaches (the AAü Hecht coach number 07178, and the baggage car) will take the normal 73400 lighting sets and the normal pickup shoes and contact parts, or current-conducting couplers.

There are two Trix-based coaches (the green Schlafwagen WL4ü, and the green ABBü number 1354) that I think need the Märklin special parts E46667286 (pickup shoe), 162267 (wheel contact), and 34302711 (lighting unit), one of each of these for each coach. Of course, this will give analogue lighting using bulbs. Also, these coaches will not take the current-conducting couplers, so you will need a pickup shoe for each one (and, optionally, a function decoder to switch the lights on and off), or else solder your own wires to make an inter-coach connection.

I hope this helps! You may decide it's all too much trouble, or possibly go for the battery-operated lighting sets (Train Tech) that were discussed by RayF in another thread. I think these are available only in white colour, though, which may be a bit bright for these old-timer coaches.

Nigel

Train Tech had these lighting units on display at Glasgow last weekend. They were very impressive.

I cannot recall if he had any with warm white LEDs, sorry.

Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 01 March 2015 00:08:13(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post

Nigel

Train Tech had these lighting units on display at Glasgow last weekend. They were very impressive.

I cannot recall if he had any with warm white LEDs, sorry.

They are available in warm white as well as in modern cool lighting. I have the warm white in my rake of CIWL coaches.

http://www.train-tech.co.../interior-coach-lighting

UserPostedImage
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF