Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tommycox  
#1 Posted : 25 February 2015 17:12:39(UTC)
tommycox

United States   
Greetings,

I'm trying to buy a Märklin 60955 decoder for a MAXI lok. Of course it's long been discontinued. But I <think> I've located one at a store in Skara, Sweden. Trouble is, I can't tell from the Swedish description or Google translation if it's really in stock. I emailed them, but received no reply. Here's the link to the store: http://rutenhjelms.ehandel.net/

And here's the Swedish description of the item:

60955 Högeffektivt elektronisk kretskort Maxi
60955 Högeffektivt elektronisk kretskort Maxi
Artnr: 60955 (Lägg till i Önskelista )
I lager
Märklin
För tillfället har vi denna vara på kampanj i vår butik i Skara, ytterligare 20% rabatt om du kommer. Välkommen!
Pris: 774:-/st

And here's the translation by google of the status:
Currently we have this be on the campaign in our shop in Skara, an additional 20% discount if you will. Welcome!

If anybody out there reads Swedish, can you tell me what this means? (Or, better yet, do you know a US store that might have this decoder?)

Thanks very much,
Tom

Offline Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS  
#2 Posted : 25 February 2015 17:49:16(UTC)
Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS

Sweden   
According to the description it is in stock.

Worth mentioning, I have bought items from his store a couple of times through their webshop. Great service and fast delivery!

The text mentions that you will get an additional 20% off if you buy it in the shop in Skara, not through the webshop.
SBB Era IV - VI
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Oliver SBB-CFF-FFS
Offline pab-windmills  
#3 Posted : 26 February 2015 03:00:10(UTC)
pab-windmills

United States   
Hi Tom,

I looked at the website and agree with Oliver - it does appear to be in stock.

Although Oliver is right in saying they will take off 20% in the shop, they should take off 20% for you as you are not a resident of Sweden or the EU. I would suggest sending them an email and asking them.

I buy a lot of stuff from shops in Sweden. They all take 20% (VAT) off. The shipping can be expensive, but for such a small item, it should not be too bad.

The other thing in your favor is that the dollar is very strong right now. Last time I looked, the exchange rate for USD to SEK (Swedish crowns) is approx 1 USD = 8.3 SEK.

Good luck!

Paul
Offline tommycox  
#4 Posted : 26 February 2015 06:13:04(UTC)
tommycox

United States   
Hi,Paul,
Many thanks for the helpful advice. I will send email right away - though I've already sent one, and got no reply. I'll just try again. REALLY nice of you to tell me about the VAT!

Regards,
Tom
Offline NewMB  
#5 Posted : 27 February 2015 07:25:19(UTC)
NewMB

Germany   
I would give them a call if your emails go unanswered. Most people in Sweden speaks english.

I have also tried to get info if they post outside of Sweden, not all dealers do it but nothing is written on their homepage about this.
Offline tommycox  
#6 Posted : 27 February 2015 20:04:15(UTC)
tommycox

United States   
Dear NewMB,

Thank you for the suggestion to call them. I'd love to do that. But I can't find a telephone number anywhere on the home page. Maybe I'm overlooking something. Did you happen to see it?

Thanks,
Tom
Offline NewMB  
#7 Posted : 27 February 2015 23:19:49(UTC)
NewMB

Germany   
Originally Posted by: tommycox Go to Quoted Post
Dear NewMB,

Thank you for the suggestion to call them. I'd love to do that. But I can't find a telephone number anywhere on the home page. Maybe I'm overlooking something. Did you happen to see it?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

Under the "kontakt" page you will find the nunbers.

Unless you don't know, the country codecfor Sweden is 46 and the delete first zero, ie 010 46 511 20006 (i think this is how you call from the US).

Let us know how you get on!

Patrik

Offline tommycox  
#8 Posted : 28 February 2015 18:40:18(UTC)
tommycox

United States   
Hallo, Patrik,

Thanks very much. I will call them - that is as soon as my Märklin 5452 Maxi Aloisius arrives from modellbahn-paradies-erftstadt in Vettweiß. I've been wanting one for years, but waited and waited until the dollar FINALLY got stronger against the Euro! The 60955 decoder will be for the Aloisius.

Regards,
Tom