Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mattj70  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2015 04:27:51(UTC)
mattj70

United States   
I received this engine on Friday, sent back Sat.

Matt

Edited by moderator 01 February 2015 11:31:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mattj70
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2015 11:20:19(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Sorry to hear that, Matt!

The loco does look nice in your video, but I guess some issues need to be resolved!
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 01 February 2015 17:20:17(UTC)
H0

Hi, Matt,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Märklin is so much better? Not always ...

Every company has better models and worse models.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline river6109  
#4 Posted : 09 February 2015 02:31:09(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Matt, I take your point about being light but at the same time it shouldn't derail carriages because they are light. my long trains (up to 50 carriages) I have to sort the light from heavy weight out and leave the light cars in the back but your consist doesn't have this problem. I would think there is some interference either the buffers, the coupling or the bogy which makes them derail.

I bought my first Jägerndorfer loco (second hand, I think) and I wasn't impressed with it at all, I've ordered axles with rubber tyres and they assured me, just order them through a dealer everything will be alright, when I received the order, I got 4 axles without rubber tyres. secondly I've send them an email and asked them how do I take off the axles and the instruction came back, just bend back the plastic bogy cover, well I've stretched it and stretched it and nothing happened and I could have broken the part very easily but eventual it gave way and came apart. another disappointment was the pantographs weren't electrical connected, my interest started with Jägerndorfer locos because they produce Austrian locos and Märklin or Roco haven't produced them (Rh 1163).

I must say, Märklin, Roco or HAG locos (haven't had a Rivarossi or Jouef loco yet) do produce models which last and do work most of the time, my latest purchase, a Lima SNCF CC 14018 (I had no idea what to expect) but I was surprised with its simple assembly or disassemble. I was also surprised to take the housing off, you have to take 4 buffers out, 4 screws on the underside and than you have to stretch the housing outwards to take it off whereas with Roco locos just the last method applies.
Even Liliput, bought a type of railcar but it felt very plastic and cheap although I got it very cheap, the retail price was in my opinion well over the limit I would'n have been prepared to pay for it.

In my search for locos I was contemplating buying a Mehano loco and at one stage the company has stopped producing and some dealers got rid of them at a reasonable price but since than I think someone bought the company
regards.,
John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by river6109