Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Cargodog  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2015 15:33:19(UTC)
Cargodog

Denmark   
Hi,

I'm in the process of hoarding equipment for my upcoming layout. Since I'm from Denmark, I'm interested in Danish loks, specifically the MY. I'm contemplating whether to buy an "out of the box" digital version, or find a steal on eBay, and upgrade it myself.

I've seen plenty of the 3067's for sale, which is obviously the analog version. Apparently there are different versions of the 3067, ie .1 .2 and .3. Are there more?

I've seen the 39670 for sale at a reasonable price. Is this the equivalent to the 3067.3 in terms of color? I want the wine red (darker version). I'm thinking it'd be a better option to shell out a bit more for the digital version, as it'd be easier with the head/tail lights.

Don't know if the above makes sense, but any input would be appreciated.

Cheers...
If everything's under control, you're just not going fast enough.
There are two types of men. Those who want to build a big layout, and those who didn't get permission from the wife.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2015 16:36:33(UTC)
H0

Hi!

39670 is a new mould: both trucks powered, prototypical length (21.7 cm).

3067 is the old mould: one truck powered, slightly shortened (20.5 cm).

The latest digital version with the old mould was 37676. 37676 is era IV, 39670 is era III.

The 3067.3 has printed logos (earlier versions use decals).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Cargodog  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2015 16:41:13(UTC)
Cargodog

Denmark   
Thanks for the explanation, and quick reply, Tom. So it seems the 39670 will be a much better train, even if I did upgrade the 3067.3 with a new motor and decoder.

Cheers...
There are two types of men. Those who want to build a big layout, and those who didn't get permission from the wife.
Offline mbarreto  
#4 Posted : 30 January 2015 22:04:09(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Hi,

I have 3067.1 and the new 39670. Everything Tom said is correct as usual, although there is one point that I think it is interesting: the colour is more glossy and redish in the 3067.1 thna in 39670. I think both colours existed (although not sure) and I prefer the colour of 3067.1.
I think having both is great because you can see the tech difference (and fashion too...) with 50 year split, but off course the 39670 has a lot more bells and whistles.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline Cargodog  
#5 Posted : 31 January 2015 13:53:02(UTC)
Cargodog

Denmark   
Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the reply. Very interesting point. I just ordered the 39670 with 4 passenger cars from the same era.

I'll keep a look out for a good deal on a 3067, which could be a good project later on. For now I also just ordered the limited edition MY NJ (Nordjyske Jernbaner), so I probably better slow down for a while.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Cheers, René
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Cargodog