Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#1 Posted : 24 January 2015 16:59:18(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

I saw today this in eBay:

Link to 60901 motor kit with ball bearings

Basic 5-pole DCM motor set with two ball bearings for 43,95 euro. Quite expensive ball bearings I think as I got my ball bearings for just some cents. It also looks like the motor cover/shield is not even drilled for the bearing included. Seller is "mketele" and I have bought some permanent magnets for my 60944 from him and also some led lights and sockets. Good seller, but why such an unfair high price for these motor kits? What do you think? Confused

It IS needed to drill a hole for the ball bearing on the motor cover side with various sizes drill bits... Huh

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline Shamu  
#2 Posted : 25 January 2015 01:55:42(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
My German is somewhat rusty but he does mention a "special motor plate/shield" so I assume it has been pre-drilled......... could be totally wrong though Confused

From memory I paid around 30 odd dollars for 200 bearings to suit both DCM and S/LFC motors so roughly .15 cents each...... think he is being a bit cheeky for 2 bearings and a (assumed) drilled bearing plate.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline NZMarklinist  
#3 Posted : 25 January 2015 03:53:13(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
From looking at the picture on the listing, it seems as tho the Motor Shield has a larger than normal hole in it and that there are bearings already fitted to the armature shaft. So some work done but still a bit pricey Glare
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline Janne75  
#4 Posted : 25 January 2015 07:38:20(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
From looking at the picture on the listing, it seems as tho the Motor Shield has a larger than normal hole in it and that there are bearings already fitted to the armature shaft. So some work done but still a bit pricey Glare

Hi Glen,

When I see at the picture it looks like a totally original 1.5 mm hole in the motor shield. I have drilled my DCM motor shields from 1.5 mm => 2.0 mm => 2.5 mm => 3.0 mm => 3.5 mm and finally 4.0 mm hole to install the bearing tightly in it (not the armature shaft like in his picture). I think there is not enough material thickness to install that motor shield side bearing INSIDE of the motor shield. But this may be possible with very precise tools. Not normal drill bits. Maybe these bearings included are very expensive ceramic ball bearings... LOL

Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 25 January 2015 13:20:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post

Hi Glen,

When I see at the picture it looks like a totally original 1.5 mm hole in the motor shield. I have drilled my DCM motor shields from 1.5 mm => 2.0 mm => 2.5 mm => 3.0 mm => 3.5 mm and finally 4.0 mm hole to install the bearing tightly in it (not the armature shaft like in his picture). I think there is not enough material thickness to install that motor shield side bearing INSIDE of the motor shield. But this may be possible with very precise tools. Not normal drill bits. Maybe these bearings included are very expensive ceramic ball bearings... LOL

Janne

When I looked at a local 'net bearing supplier in the UK, sealed bearings are significantly more expensive (like 3-4x) than ones with just the shield plate. It could be that he is supplying sealed ones, but you cannot see from the picture. Even so the overall price does seem expensive seeing the chassis still needs the hole drilled out for the bearing.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan