Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 22 January 2015 06:07:35(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I am hoping that at sometime in the future, Maerklin will introduce a direct access keyboard for the MS2/CS2. With the old 6021, I could manually enter any of the available addresses and go directly to that locomotive. With the MS2, all I can do is to select one of the available slots or delete one and add that locomotive to that slot. If I have a full library, that can mean that I might have to scan through the whole list before I get to the one that I want.

Is this something that you also miss and would like to see integrated into future controllers?

Regards

Mike C
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2015 07:47:05(UTC)
H0

They already added this to the CS2 (it came with version 3.5.6 along with the "Lokomive adress" typo).
I don't see this coming for the MS2. IIRC the loco list is meanwhile sorted by name (used to be unsorted in the beginning) and you can quickly scroll through it using the speed knob.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline RayF  
#3 Posted : 22 January 2015 09:04:23(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I find the most convenient way of working with the MS2 on my small layout is to delete any locos that are not on the layout any more. That way I never have more than 6 or so locos in the list and it's easy to find the one I want to control.

When I change trains I simply delete the loco I'm removing and add the one I'm replacing it with. The mfx ones will just register on their own within a few seconds, and other non-mfx locos which are in the database are simply picked from the list. For locos I've converted myself and for non-Marklin locos I use loco-cards to quickly add them to the MS2.

In general it takes me longer to place the loco and its train on the track than to make the changes to the MS2 needed to run it.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF