Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jvuye  
#1 Posted : 02 March 2014 18:04:42(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Just looking through the proverbial cigar box with old(er) pictures, I came across this one..I had to share!
Yes I went on board.
Erstfeldt, June 1997
jvuye attached the following image(s):
liteHelvetiaret.jpg
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 13 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline Unholz  
#2 Posted : 03 March 2014 06:00:01(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Nice picture Jacques - but who is the youngster leaning at the cab door? LOL LOL
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline jvuye  
#3 Posted : 03 March 2014 22:58:49(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post
Nice picture Jacques - but who is the youngster leaning at the cab door? LOL LOL

Youngster?
Naah!!
Just 50 lbs lighter at the time, that's all!!Laugh LOL

Offline ice 1  
#4 Posted : 06 January 2015 20:26:25(UTC)
ice 1

Hi
Lovely photo did you take it for a spin
There are such a class looking loco the Re460 my favourite loco have about 20 HAG RE460 Locos collected.
The one in the photo would not be one of my favourite versions but there are so many the OCP version looks great and Expo 02
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 06 January 2015 22:38:43(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: ice 1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi
There are such a class looking loco the Re460 my favourite loco have about 20 HAG RE460 Locos collected.
The one in the photo would not be one of my favourite versions but there are so many the OCP version looks great and Expo 02

IIRC Hag had exclusive rights to model that loco.

Offline ice 1  
#6 Posted : 06 January 2015 23:46:38(UTC)
ice 1

Hi
I think it came in a set of 2 or 3 HAG RE460 Locos to be honest i never liked the look of it so never got it.
Thats the one rule i go by i have to like how the loco looks limited or not before i buy esp at HAG prices the 65 jahre HAG RE460 was the only exception i made think it looked awful to dark.
Offline jvuye  
#7 Posted : 07 January 2015 09:09:29(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Hi

Thanks, this is almost 18 years ago!RollEyes
Hard to believe,because at the time Re460s were at most only 5 years old.
They are closing on 25 year soon!
HAG produced the model in some slight variations, but you could also purchase a single unit of this one.
She proudly leads the Re 460 line-up in my train display caseWub

A spin?
Well if you call a 20 m back and forth movement in the yard a "spin" then the answer is "yes" Wink
In those days the SBB personel was authorised to give tours of the Erstfeld depot, or even take you for a "real" ride.

Notably, in 1993 I was taken along in the cab of the Ae8/14 11801 for a "fitness-fahrt" round trip Erstfeld-Fluelen, delivering 3 covered freight cars.
That's even before Marklin made a model of it.
The engine was heavier than the train!

Then, in 2003 the same gentleman proudly invited me for a real interesting one: from Erstfeld to Goeschenen (the whole length of the North ramp of the Gotthardbahn) in a pair of brand new Re 485, pulling a 1300 ton container train.

All seemed "easy enough" as the engines are controlled by two simple joysticks!

But the train had to stop about halfway because of traffic, and the train had to be restarted .
This looked effortless enough, and if it wasn't for a couple of mild chocks caused by the antislip system, you would have never guessed that 12000 HP+ were at work!

Very impressive machines indeed.

Cheers

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline ice 1  
#8 Posted : 08 January 2015 12:28:03(UTC)
ice 1

Hi
The RE460 could have been just released yesterday they still look real modern and sleek.
I will have to put all mine in a display case to a waste them left in boxes.
I might try and make most of my new layout based on the Swiss Scenery.
I plan a lovely double track Swiss bridge made by Faller based on a real swiss bridge in the Bietsch Valley on the Kandersteg Zermatt route between Goppenstein and Brig.
But the ICE will be operating plan it to come out of a nice modern double tunnel portal made by Busch and then over the bridge and a few other German locos will be operating one or 2 HAG RE460 locos.
Anyhow all the best
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 08 January 2015 14:08:35(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hi
The RE460 could have been just released yesterday they still look real modern and sleek.
I will have to put all mine in a display case to a waste them left in boxes.
I might try and make most of my new layout based on the Swiss Scenery.
I plan a lovely double track Swiss bridge made by Faller based on a real swiss bridge in the Bietsch Valley on the Kandersteg Zermatt route between Goppenstein and Brig.
But the ICE will be operating plan it to come out of a nice modern double tunnel portal made by Busch and then over the bridge and a few other German locos will be operating one or 2 HAG RE460 locos.
Anyhow all the best

That bridge is loooong, as Ian555 has found. - about 1.1 meters Blink .

The best examples I have seen using it have scenery that goes down to the floor, if you have the bridge at 'normal' track height. Otherwise it looks best with floor to ceiling scenery and backdrop.

But all the examples I have seen that have nicely proportioned (for height) scenery do look stunning.

One of the recent threads where someone is building a layout and has a lot of bridges, they have a bietschel one at the back, with a single track across it, and I will be interested to see how they scenic it, as it doesn't have a deep gully under it.

Offline ice 1  
#10 Posted : 08 January 2015 14:58:55(UTC)
ice 1

Dont know yet what i will do under it will have a rock effect comming down each side of it into the valley made with plaster cloth lengths but i might put a D/C line running under it dont know my head is fried thinking ideas will have fir trees around the bridge on the hills etc maybe a snow theme but then with the ICE been white dont know.Wont do much for a few months yet plan it right.