Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#1 Posted : 06 January 2015 23:19:04(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

Today I took away Märklin 6090 decoder from my 3309 DB BR 85 steam loco which has Telex couplers. It was previously installed by someone else so that function button controlled both Telex couplers at the same time and lights were on always when it was placed on tracks.

One fellow Märklinist wants to buy this one, but as he only uses analog layout it was impossible to control Telex couplers with transformer. So I installed a normal analog 3-pole DCM motor and 4-way reversing unit from old 1960's Märklin 3065 DB V 60. I'm not even sure if it's possible to use this type of reversing unit with BR 85 succesfully or not? Anyway my first attempt with the wiring ended so that loco ran ok to both directions and front light was working. I modified the wiring and then Telex couplers worked, but not the motor anymore...

It's probably best to get the wiring done correctly before something breaks Blushing . All help is much appreciated! ThumpUp

I digitalised my 3372 DB BR 212 with 6090 decoder succesfully today and it has now direction dependent headlights. Also 5-pole DCM motor with ballbearings ThumpUp .

Thanks in advance for all the help with BR 85!

Cheers,
Janne

Edited by user 07 January 2015 20:37:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline amartinezv  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2015 11:45:49(UTC)
amartinezv

Spain   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

It's probably best to get the wiring done correctly before something breaks Blushing . All help is much appreciated! ThumpUp

Cheers,
Janne

Hello,

You need a wiring diagram, ok?,

So, you can download a service manual from
http://www.lctm.info/Biblioteca/Libros/index.htm

In this book you have everything is neede to know to repair and maintain a marklin lok, including the telex couplers, in the 5.1 chapter, page 13, you have the description of the class 85 steam locomotive and the related wiring diagram.

I recommend, besides of download the book, to buy one, via eBay or flew markets, etc

hope this helps
Antonio Martínez
marklin, IB, era 3, Train controller
www.raildigital.es/davidruso
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by amartinezv
Offline Janne75  
#3 Posted : 07 January 2015 14:51:18(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Thank you very much Antonio ThumpUp . I will download it and look how it should be wired.

Best regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline Janne75  
#4 Posted : 07 January 2015 15:05:41(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
There is everything needed, but it´s very difficult to see how the wiring should be done as the photo is so small. I need especially the wiring about reversing unit area. I downloaded that Service Manual and it has some great info.

Janne
Offline Janne75  
#5 Posted : 07 January 2015 20:36:11(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi again,

Peter (user petestra) posted some very good photos of his 3309 DB BR 85 analog loco in my "Janne75´s Locomotive Collection" - topic. As I don´t have anymore the green PCB which is used with the analog version I decided to re-digitalise this loco later. It´s much easier to do the wiring again for digital use than it is for analog use.

Regards,
Janne