Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Mark5  
#1 Posted : 05 January 2015 22:37:28(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   

Hello Marklinists...

I would like to know if anyone is planning to go to the "Big E", that is the East Coast show in a couple weeks this January.
It would be great to meet up with other forum members. As I have never been to the show and, as I am told, it is huge, it might be good to have a few pointers on how to locate other Marklin and Euro train enthusiasts.
http://www.railroadhobby...com/attendingtheshow.php

The ETE club's website posts that they will be there... assuming with some kind of layout. http://www.ete-ene.org/

I would also appreciate advice on accommodation and would be gladly pay any forum members rather than a hotel if they have space for a "B and B" type situation. I may be traveling with another Montreal MMR enthusiast, so I would prefer something that has easy access to public transportation, since I will not have my own car.

Feel to post information here and if any personal offers or suggestions, feel free to send a PM or Email.

Thank you and hope to see some of you!
- Mark

DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
Offline mmervine  
#2 Posted : 05 January 2015 23:05:45(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Mark-I will be there along with many members of the ETE-ENE. Our layout will be part of the show!

r/mark mervine
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mmervine
Offline Mark5  
#3 Posted : 05 January 2015 23:14:49(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Thanks Mark (M),

Let me know if think of any ideas WRT accommodation.
Thank-you,
Mark5

Originally Posted by: mmervine Go to Quoted Post
Mark-I will be there along with many members of the ETE-ENE. Our layout will be part of the show!

r/mark mervine
Offline pab-windmills  
#4 Posted : 06 January 2015 03:57:55(UTC)
pab-windmills

United States   
Hey Mark 5!

Mark M and I are fellow members in the ETE ENE club. Our European layout is in the Mallory Building. Please make a point to stop by and introduce yourself. There are several European train dealers scattered throughout the show. When you stop by our layout, someone can help direct you to them.

Our layout is the best at the show! (I'm only a little biased! BigGrin )

The hotels in the area are filling up, if they're not already filled. You might try Candlewood, Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.

The show typically has 20 to 25 000 people attending, from all over the US, Canada and beyond. It is an absolutely fantastic show. I'm not sure about public transportation. Springfield is a large city, and they have buses; I'm just not sure about routes, schedules, etc. If you get stuck without a ride, maybe me or someone in our club can help you out. PM me with your mobile, etc. I'm sure you'll get back and forth to the show one way or another.

Paul B
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pab-windmills
Offline Mark5  
#5 Posted : 06 January 2015 19:34:26(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Thanks so much Paul,

The key thing is finding some accommodation.
I will try to see what I can find online today.

I will certainly come by and visit the best layout in the show!
Would love to meet you all and share thoughts.
I am thinking of staying for 3 or 4 days to take in some of the workshops, so there should be time to swap ideas and stories.
And if I drive myself, I may stay another day to go to Boston and visit the MFA.

- Mark

Originally Posted by: pab-windmills Go to Quoted Post
Hey Mark 5!

Mark M and I are fellow members in the ETE ENE club. Our European layout is in the Mallory Building. Please make a point to stop by and introduce yourself. There are several European train dealers scattered throughout the show. When you stop by our layout, someone can help direct you to them.

Our layout is the best at the show! (I'm only a little biased! BigGrin )

The hotels in the area are filling up, if they're not already filled. You might try Candlewood, Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.

The show typically has 20 to 25 000 people attending, from all over the US, Canada and beyond. It is an absolutely fantastic show. I'm not sure about public transportation. Springfield is a large city, and they have buses; I'm just not sure about routes, schedules, etc. If you get stuck without a ride, maybe me or someone in our club can help you out. PM me with your mobile, etc. I'm sure you'll get back and forth to the show one way or another.

Paul B