Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline reverendpen  
#1 Posted : 27 December 2014 03:17:53(UTC)
reverendpen

United States   
Does anyone know of, have access to, or can point me in the right direction of finding a list of all the Marklin Beer cars (and other foods like candy, other drinks etc) that they have produced. While my collection is small (apx 20, I just got 5 for Christmas) I would love to see all that are available. A visual listing would be great too. Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 27 December 2014 08:21:06(UTC)
H0

Hi!

You can try Koll's books - not complete, but probably as complete as it can get:
http://www.koll-verlag.de/Vorschau.html

You would need "Standardausgabe Band 2" and maybe also "Spezialkatalog" for the small production runs (made by Märklin on behalf of other companies).

Yes, it's German - but it's not a novel, it's a table with technical data about cars.

For a free start, get PDFs of many Märklin catalogues and see what you can find.
You might start here:
http://www.lctm.info/Bib...alogos/Marklin/index.php

Items from 2001 and later can be found in their product database.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 27 December 2014 13:34:44(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

You can try Koll's books - not complete, but probably as complete as it can get:
http://www.koll-verlag.de/Vorschau.html

You would need "Standardausgabe Band 2" and maybe also "Spezialkatalog" for the small production runs (made by Märklin on behalf of other companies).

Yes, it's German - but it's not a novel, it's a table with technical data about cars.

For a free start, get PDFs of many Märklin catalogues and see what you can find.
You might start here:
http://www.lctm.info/Bib...alogos/Marklin/index.php

Items from 2001 and later can be found in their product database.

I would agree with Tom. Kolls is going to be as complete a list as any without Marklin themselves issuing a list (which they have never done to my knowledge).

The other place to pick up information is the Insider magazine, which lists a handful of the wagons (not just box cars) that are commissioned as special wagons or by manufacturers as advertising cars. I have picked up a handful of these by contacting the commissioner of the wagon.

Anyway, whatever list you find, you will always come across a wagon not on the list, because there are just so many advertising wagons out there. Watching utkans thread on his wagons I have seen many I never new existed. Seems just about every Marklin shop in Germany has commissioned its own wagon, certainly the larger shops have.

Offline GlennM  
#4 Posted : 27 December 2014 15:29:47(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
I would also add, that as well as the traditional box car beer cars, of which there are multiple versions, you also have 'beer' container cars, beer 'tank' cars, beer 'glass tank' cars and also 'rollende landstrasse' trailers containing LKW (articulated trucks) bearing brewery and beer names, and all of these variations can also be classified under beer wagons to add variety and interest.

Happy Collecting

BR

Glenn
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline analogmike  
#5 Posted : 28 December 2014 03:24:53(UTC)
analogmike

United States   
hi rev; i also have a beer train in my collection. every time i see a new car, the train gets longer. it used to have the honor to be pulled by a 3015 krokodil. lately i used to drag it with two 151 e-loks ....both drawing current from catenary. i just love the sound these cars make when they roll. if you try to figure out how many there are, you'll go nuts! just collect and enjoy. mike
I love the smell of smoke fluid in the morning .
Offline RayF  
#6 Posted : 28 December 2014 10:21:55(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Some people collect beer vans of one particular type, and I guess the most common by far are those based on the "Hobby" 4415 refrigerated van. However, there are also other types of van. These are some of the types in my collection:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

There are also other types, with and without brakeman's cabin, and in different lengths.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline SteamNut  
#7 Posted : 28 December 2014 11:01:07(UTC)
SteamNut

United States   
When my relatives in Germany would send me a present for Christmas they also included a couple beer cars and that started my modest collection. Wound up having two breweries on my layout to fill them all BigGrin