Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Shamu  
#1 Posted : 26 December 2014 04:31:22(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Does anyone know if it was made in 1/87 by any company as a kit or fully assembled model ??

The Hasegawa ?? 1/72 kit is the only one I can find although I have come across several references (dead links) to what I believe was a Berkina ? 1/87.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
Offline NS1200  
#2 Posted : 26 December 2014 13:34:29(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Greetings Shane,

This is a rare model in scale 1/87.
Only 37 or so were built in real life and found unfit for military field service.
As such they were only used for ceremonial duties by Hitler and his associates.
German military staff cars found in movies are 2 axle cars,rightly so.

Best bet is WSW in Germany,producing resin kits.
Productcode is 872207.
They have a webshop and despatch to overseas at cost.

http://www.wsw-modellbau.de/html/impressum.html

What are your plans with this car,if i may ask?

Cheers,
Paul.
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline Shamu  
#3 Posted : 27 December 2014 01:46:48(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Hi Paul,

Thanks for that link to WSW, I had not come across them before.ThumpUp

I have been trying on and off to get some Mercedes 770K's with little success and the thought crossed my mind to look for the G4/W31. Also been trying to get hold of a couple of Kettenkraftrad's but WSW might solve that problem as well. (would love a real one)

I hope to eventually have a military depot/loading yard and have stockpiled a bit over 120 Wehrmacht soldiers suitable for parade or guard duties as well as about 60 sitting. Finding correct era "marching soldiers" is nearly impossible, well at least ones not in combat gear/poses. Also a good number of 6 axel HD flatbeds and a K5 for a military consist for my BR53.

It is nearly impossible to find any military vehicles in 1/87 in Australia and it works out rather expensive to buy from the US or EU unless I buy a lot in one parcel. Unfortunately 1/72 and 1/76 items are just too big for my liking to use in HO although some smaller items like bikes and kubelwagens are not too out of place. However I think that a W31 in 1/72 might be somewhat too big, that roughly 10% difference would stick out.

Guess its all a hangover from my youth and a interest in German military hardware (there was a branch of the family there). Was always a bit awkward having family on both sides during the 40's. Blushing

Anyway thanks again very much Paul for that link.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
Offline NS1200  
#4 Posted : 27 December 2014 11:13:04(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Shane,

Like most boys (8 to 88),i always had an interest in military vehicles,and planes.
I built countless Airfix kits scale 1/72.
I still have an Airfix B-17 A bit o' lace complete in the box which i should build one day.
Airfix also produced sets of militairy figures in scale 1/72,a bit hard to paint realistically and no good for trains scale 1/87.

The 6-axle flatbed cars are Marklin 4867,it is the version for the DR,the Deutsche Reichsbahn in WW2.
These cars were able to carry the mighty Tiger tanks.
You may wish to check on Artmaster 80.128 for a very realistic Tiger tank package.

http://www.modelrailforu...gallery_570_3_346125.jpg

Please also check on Artitec,Dutch brand with good website also in English,they have some nice german tanks and even infantry,scale 1/87.

Note the BR 53 was a drawingboard study only,it never run in actual life,more realistic would be a BR 52 with tubtender in Feldgrau (fieldgrey).

If you are into building kits,Tamiya have issued a number of kits for German Wehrmacht vehicles in scale 1/35 which i call superb.
You may find the rare Kettenkrad there.
A reallife Kettenkrad is doing some Euro 30,000.- at the moment,if you can find one.

http://www.smallscalehob...otorcycle-trident-90124/

Cheers from snowy Rotterdam,

Paul.
Offline NS1200  
#5 Posted : 27 December 2014 14:06:07(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Shane,

For military figures scale 1/87 see Preiser 16573 (unpainted).

Preiser is well known for their excellent figures in scale H0 1/87.
They have WW2 vehicles too.

Note they also produced scale 1/72 figures,so be careful with ordering.
Also note you need to opt for era DR (Deutsches Reich 1939-1945) versus BW (Bundeswehr,the modern German NATO army)

And a special one for an old fart:

Paul.