Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 12 December 2014 18:27:38(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
No.12 now on air - >Marklin TV extra< German but English speaking If Club log in I think.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kweekalot  
#2 Posted : 12 December 2014 19:55:54(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
The wiring on the underside of the layout wasn't very neat and definitely not Marklin style wiring ...Mellow
Offline Nielsenr  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2014 01:32:10(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Whose boosters are they using?? Certainly not Marklin's ... I am surprised the video zoomed in on them ...

Robert
Offline NZMarklinist  
#4 Posted : 25 December 2014 14:47:44(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kweekalot Go to Quoted Post
The wiring on the underside of the layout wasn't very neat and definitely not Marklin style wiring ...Mellow

Hi Marco,

You need to consider that this layout is still under construction, and having seen one or two of Brima's nearly finished examples, I believe their technique & detail for wiring is first class professional.
It does not totally follow the Marklin code, but as they build layouts in all brands, I think it is DCC colouring with maybe a bit of their own licence, which is the same for all their layouts, which must save them some confusion and time rather than switching between brands and codes.
Their idea of using the screw in rings for holding the wires, I think., is a brilliant one and allows wires to be added as the layout is being built and for us amateurs, over years of development ThumpUp (I'm going to use them Wink )
Browse Brima's site and their layouts "under construction": http://www.modellanlagen...de/en-anlagen-im-bau.htm
and have a look at wiring. You need to click on the link ; "zur Galerie bitte anklicken" the go to the section you wish to view, again not all of it is finished
There are lots of layout building tips in the pics here, if not the least, the order in which things should be done, if you care to take the time to look at it all. Notably it all starts with planning Wink ThumpUp

They are using these common, boosters, on all their layouts, probably way cheaper than Marklin ones, but works for all Digital/DCC and Marklin but probably not MFX/+
They do, however install a complete Marklin System if requested. (But after reading this forum, who'ed do that RollEyes Scared ) Laugh
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 26 December 2014 09:43:20(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
No.12 now on air - >Marklin TV extra< German but English speaking If Club log in I think.

You mean no.68?
I could only see no.11 about BR18.4.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline steventrain  
#6 Posted : 26 December 2014 10:19:37(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

You mean no.68?
I could only see no.11 about BR18.4.

Both TV 68 and Extra 12 in English was on club log in site.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Nigel Packer  
#7 Posted : 26 December 2014 12:15:07(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post

They are using these common, boosters, on all their layouts, probably way cheaper than Marklin ones, but works for all Digital/DCC and Marklin but probably not MFX/+
They do, however install a complete Marklin System if requested. (But after reading this forum, who'ed do that RollEyes Scared ) Laugh

Those boosters are Tams - very good - I have them on my layout for control of accessories like points and signals. But I have Märklin boosters for all the train control, the TrainSafe, etc.

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer