Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Shamu  
#1 Posted : 25 December 2014 00:45:18(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Well boys and girls (though I'm unaware of one) its that time of year again and having been a good boy for over a week and not opening my presents the time has arrived.

I wasn't expecting anything beyond the usual jocks/sox/new clothes, lets face it us guys are not exactly big on buying those things till they have fallen to bits. But low and behold I've just had the BEST Xmas pay day since I was 10 and got my very first train set.

So what did Santa (aka SWMBO/kids/grandkids (read the first 2 again)) bring this undeserving grumpy old git..........

A complete 00797 Hopper Display Set
A Mint condition "Getting Started with Marklin Digital" (god knows how the daughter in-law found that in a op-shop)
And the crowning glory, A 39053 BR05....... I have no idea how the kids managed to get one of them but I recall the Missus getting real cranky with me for buying a normal BR05 back around July so now I know why.

I also got the Box Set of Game of Thrones, Blu-Ray version.

I'm told that friends up the road are holding another present for me as well, guess that was SWMBO's way of making sure I went out and didn't sit at home all day.

Well that is what I got and I truly hope that you all receive as much or more than I did for Xmas 2014.

MERRY XMAS ALL BigGrin Love LOL ThumpUp ThumpUp Woot Woot
Shamu attached the following image(s):
Xmas14_box_set.jpg
Xmas14_book.jpg
Xmas14_BR05.jpg
Xmas14_got.jpg
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 22 users liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline Johnvr  
#2 Posted : 25 December 2014 08:52:09(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Shamu

You were a good boy to not unwrap your presents before Santa came by.RollEyes
We were all in just as much suspense as you were.

Regards,BigGrin
John
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Johnvr
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 25 December 2014 12:42:04(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
What a score! Well done Shamu - you have your family well trained. Not only did they get Marklin, but they knew exactly what Marklin to get you..

XXUP got zip.. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 25 December 2014 16:22:45(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Great presents Shane!

I got some train related presents from my son. He found me a selection of wagons in three sets from Lilliput. I'll post pictures in appropriate threads.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Western Pacific  
#5 Posted : 25 December 2014 16:54:50(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Great Christmas presents!

I didn't get anything from Märklin, but I got a new power tool and a vacuum cleaner. Perhaps not so model train related at first sight, but both will come in handy when building a layout.
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline mmervine  
#6 Posted : 25 December 2014 18:18:40(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
My 27128 (NS1252 175th anniversary of the Dutch Railways) arrived few days ago and I just opened it...going to test run it this evening!
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by mmervine
Offline Janne75  
#7 Posted : 25 December 2014 20:28:13(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Like always I had to buy my model railroad presents for myself as I never get any from my family. I got some of my "presents" before Christmas.

Märklin 41929 Rheingold wagon set and Liliput 820 Rheingold wagon set.

I'm waiting for my two other Christmas "presents" Märklin 37600 DB V 60 and 37181 K.Bay.Sts.B. S 3/6.

Later (again) one 39190 DB E 19 to get my blue 3768 DB BR 118 updated with C-Sinus technic. Also waiting to get later (my mistake) 37725 DB BR 212 blue era V diesel loco. It is too new for my collection as I want my collection to be from era I to era IV. My sons like this color anyway.

We celebrated Christmas yesterday 24th and I was building five Lego Castle kits for my sons. BigGrin

Cheers,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 25 December 2014 21:17:52(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hi Shane you've done well there! If you've got the 0797 wagon set, I'm assuming that you already have the 26593 double headed Br151 set. I was starting to think that I was the only person on the forum who had that set. Don't know if I will buy the complete 0797 set, but will buy some of the wagons.

Your daughter in law has done well to get a mint English version of that Digital book. I got one earlier this year, but mine is the German edition.

As for me, I got 'Gravity' on Blu-Ray and Tom Clancy's latest book (ghost written for him, as Tom has now sadly passed away), plus a bit of cash. My birthday is in early January, and my sister has already given me an envelope with strict instructions for it not to be opened until the day. But, I suspect it has some cash, or maybe a prepaid credit card in it, so no doubt some investment in 0797 wagons and other things may be made in due course.
thanks 10 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kweekalot  
#9 Posted : 25 December 2014 21:46:22(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Just new shoes from Santa for me.
And I bought myself some mrr presents on German ebay, but the presents didn't arrive on time. Crying

UserPostedImage
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline RayF  
#10 Posted : 25 December 2014 21:52:40(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Nice shoes, Marco!

Hope you get your presents soon!
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Wildrose-Wally  
#11 Posted : 25 December 2014 22:07:08(UTC)
Wildrose-Wally

Canada   
I have to buy my trains myself also, so last night I ordered this:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 14 users liked this useful post by Wildrose-Wally
Offline kweekalot  
#12 Posted : 25 December 2014 23:05:00(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Good choice Walt ThumpUp, very nice Dutch loco's !
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline Shamu  
#13 Posted : 26 December 2014 01:59:02(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Hi Shane you've done well there! If you've got the 0797 wagon set, I'm assuming that you already have the 26593 double headed Br151 set. I was starting to think that I was the only person on the forum who had that set. Don't know if I will buy the complete 0797 set, but will buy some of the wagons.

Your daughter in law has done well to get a mint English version of that Digital book. I got one earlier this year, but mine is the German edition.

As for me, I got 'Gravity' on Blu-Ray and Tom Clancy's latest book (ghost written for him, as Tom has now sadly passed away), plus a bit of cash. My birthday is in early January, and my sister has already given me an envelope with strict instructions for it not to be opened until the day. But, I suspect it has some cash, or maybe a prepaid credit card in it, so no doubt some investment in 0797 wagons and other things may be made in due course.

No David, just the "BR44 Long Henry" set and I only got that a few months ago. I'm not sure yet if they got it before or after I bought the 26536, must find out Confused. They tried their best so I can't complain. I'm not that fussy anyway so they will go into the mix if I want to show off with a double header '44.

I have also been after that book on and off for a couple of years now and have never seen a "English" version ever. To find one in a Op-Shop in north QLD of all places is amazing. Be interesting to know how many English ones were printed ?

When I went to visit the friends up the road yesterday afternoon I was given another Xmas pressie the little woman had dropped off to them for safe keeping. It was fairly large BUT empty except for a card that said.......

"Sorry Dag (what SWMBO calls me) but part of your Xmas present didn't arrive in time, I left this with C & T in case it arrives before Christmas. When it does remember to thank the boys again for going to all the trouble to get the engine and carriages for you."

This Morning suffering from one too many Bourbons at Col's.... Sleep Sleep

Woken by phone call from number 3 son........Cursing Told to check my email...... a "AfterBuy" shipping note...... remaining part of the order has been despatched from the Fatherland.... a Märklin 43256 MHI Schnellzugwagen-Set Insider Modell. Drool Laugh Woot

Apparently it was ordered along with the 39053 back in June but was only released a few days before Xmas. Seams that they ordered both the 39053 and the 43256 thru "Kieskemper". I've bought a fair bit from Rainer over the years and someone must have snooped through my Marklin receipt folder to find him.

I am truly stunned beyond belief that the family has gone to so much trouble and expense to cater to a grumpy old fart. Especially considering that the 3 boys don't talk to at least one of the others.

Oh well, back to jocks and sox's next year. LOL

Hope everyone had a wonderful Xmas with family/friends and enjoyed the day. Must admit it was strange to be alone, well except for the bourbon session up the road with friends that right now I wish I had avoided...... not a well chappie ATM Crying Back to 1 light beer every 2 months, can't handle the grog like I used to.

Time to go, I can feel a technicolour yawn coming on.

Edited by user 31 December 2014 02:39:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline Wildrose-Wally  
#14 Posted : 26 December 2014 06:34:52(UTC)
Wildrose-Wally

Canada   
Have I ever told you I have the best kids? Between the 3 of them I got $200.00 worth of gift certificates for Euro Rail Hobbies. About half of this loc is paid for. :)

UserPostedImage

I ordered it back in February, and it should come in real soon now. :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Wildrose-Wally
Offline kiwiAlan  
#15 Posted : 26 December 2014 09:15:53(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Shamu Go to Quoted Post

I have also been after that book on and off for a couple of years now and have never seen a "English" version ever. To find one in a Op-Shop in north QLD of all places is amazing. Be interesting to know how many English ones were printed ?

There was only ever one print run of that book in English, although I believe the German release had several reprints.

I happened on a copy on eBay and got it for a song as it wasn't well described and so I took a punt on it. Was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be a copy of that book, as it certainly wasn't what I was expecting from the description.

I am going to be interested to see how long it takes them to do an English print release of the new book they have announced. I suspect that on announcement it is going to be a case of 'get order in quick or miss out'.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline MalinAC  
#16 Posted : 26 December 2014 10:03:32(UTC)
MalinAC

Ireland   
Good morning everybody, Hope your all well. Just back from 3K walk after way too much food yesterday not to mention the wine beer and a few scoops of Irish whiskey.I dont think Santa knows where Donegal is as no trains came . Still waiting on Insider coach set # 43256 from Locshop and I have a roller test stand due from Germany. I am also keeping a very close eye on a couple of locos on ebay so may still get something before years end. Take care Eddie Cool Cool
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by MalinAC
Offline steventrain  
#17 Posted : 26 December 2014 10:59:18(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Still no Marklin from Christmas present but still in delivery at halfway.

Found from present - three pack of Noch People sets.Smile

UserPostedImage
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline mrmarklin  
#18 Posted : 27 December 2014 02:18:00(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
My 31014 showed up on the 24th.Drool
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline PJMärklin  
#19 Posted : 27 December 2014 04:00:54(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Hello,

I am embarrassed to say that my wider family are only too aware of my interest in model trains
and hence their Christmas gifts,

My best wishes for happiness to you all on this forum and my thanks to Juhan for making it all possible,

Regards,

PJ

UserPostedImage
thanks 13 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline Shamu  
#20 Posted : 27 December 2014 04:52:29(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
A nice little haul PJ, seams like your family is on the ball as well. Think we both got spoiled.

Just got a call from the eldest grandson asking what I thought of the engine he picked out for me Confused ....... had to lie through my teeth.

Would appear that I somehow misplaced the smallest box. Back at the beginning of the year I got a basket case V60 and I'm still chasing a part for it, number 1 GK has been nagging me about it because he thinks its a really cool engine. A month ago he got his parents to buy me a new one for Xmas.

As it would transpire around the same time I bought a V60 from Nev, so now I have 2 x digital V60's and a old analogue to fix up and convert.

Anyhoo, found the box buried under all the crap on my desk. Blushing

Shamu attached the following image(s):
Xmas14_V60.jpg
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline GlennM  
#21 Posted : 27 December 2014 13:52:56(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   

No I am afraid I was tempted too, here is mine running at Ian's earlier in the year;

It is a great set. Have you upgraded the second loco to include the additional motor?

I would also agree the book is excellent, especially for a digital noobie like me.

All the best

Glenn
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#22 Posted : 27 December 2014 15:11:01(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
I have been very lucky this year in terms of gifts, and especially MRR related gifts, I received the following, sorry for picture quality but they were taken on my mobile phone;

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

[From top a gift from my mother, the middle from my son and the bottom from the wife] I was especially touched by the loco from my son, who has been saving a portion of his pocket money since July in order to have enough cash to buy a suitable loco ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Looking forward to running all of them over the coming days and hopefully getting some more pictures. For those interested the Bavarian electric is the green and beige version, the BR03.10 is the green DR version (not the Polish PKP version) and the HAG is the red and white version with gold coloured doors, an absolute beauty which has been on my wish list for over three years.

I hope everyone else was as lucky as I was

BR

Glenn
thanks 17 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline thomasm  
#23 Posted : 28 December 2014 12:41:22(UTC)
thomasm

Norway   
Since ive been a good boy this year, my gift from santa was the Marklin 29463 Digitale Mega-Startpackung "Schweizer Bahnverkehr" with Central Station2

So now i dont have any excuse to not build my layout. ;)

.thomas
Märklinist, hobbyist and collector. || Trains are meant to be driven.
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by thomasm
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#24 Posted : 28 December 2014 18:54:30(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hi everyone,

I was a bit sad not to receive one train gift this year, I didn't even give one to myself in December! Then I got a nice surprise yesterday, my HAG RE 4/4 IV in "Voralpen Express" livery came back from conversion to AC and Digitization! Yes I technically already had it, but it was DC and had never been run so now I can enjoy the loco a bit :) That will have to be my xmas train for 2014!
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline Webmaster  
#25 Posted : 28 December 2014 19:12:09(UTC)
Webmaster

Well, I got a baking dish from my son...

But I know I will get some "presents to myself" from Ebay & LokShop in the coming days/weeks. Wink ThumpUp
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#26 Posted : 28 December 2014 22:05:35(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
Have you upgraded the second loco to include the additional motor?

Hi Glenn, no I haven't as yet but I may have a spare DCM motor kit which I can use. A friend of mine who belongs to our Marklin Club upgraded his 26593 with a 2nd motor at a recent Digital conversion workshop we held - the train works quite well.
Offline PJMärklin  
#27 Posted : 29 December 2014 04:24:58(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Well, I got a baking dish from my son...

But I know I will get some "presents to myself" from Ebay & LokShop in the coming days/weeks. Wink ThumpUp

Hello Juhan,

I hope you will be kind to yourself !!

Regards,

PJ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline Br502362  
#28 Posted : 29 December 2014 10:39:58(UTC)
Br502362

Finland   
Hi,

Santa didn't bring anything Märklin related but I got two books, chocolate and a new STI Trojan .45ACP pistol which
will replace my old and trusty Springfield 1911 which blew up.

Maybe next Christmas some Märklin items? Smile

Best regards

Åke

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Br502362
Offline GlennM  
#29 Posted : 29 December 2014 11:25:48(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
Have you upgraded the second loco to include the additional motor?

Hi Glenn, no I haven't as yet but I may have a spare DCM motor kit which I can use. A friend of mine who belongs to our Marklin Club upgraded his 26593 with a 2nd motor at a recent Digital conversion workshop we held - the train works quite well.

I have also yet to do mine, the kit is on order, but I saw Nigel's 26593 last week which has been converted to add the extra motor and pulling the full consist of hopper cars, it ran very smooth and on slow speeds going up and down the helix very impressive. I think after seeing it, it is worth the conversion.

Happy New Year

BR

Glenn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline NewMB  
#30 Posted : 31 December 2014 10:58:35(UTC)
NewMB

Germany   
One of the best X-mas presents ever…. Hard hat, knee protectors and strong gloves! At least now I will not have a blood stained head nor damaged knees or cut hands!
UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by NewMB
Offline Br502362  
#31 Posted : 31 December 2014 11:22:29(UTC)
Br502362

Finland   
^

Hi Patrik,

Knee pads are a must in this hobby too.

I have bought Alta Contour knee pads some years ago and I must say that
without them also this hobby would have been just pain.

Alta Contour knee pads are the best which I have ever tried!

ALTA COUNTOUR

VIDEO

Best regards

Åke
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Br502362
Offline Dgriman  
#32 Posted : 06 January 2015 12:16:36(UTC)
Dgriman

Greece   
A Makita tool set DK1205X was the xmas present from me to me

Makita DK1205X set

and iPad Air2 128Gb was the present from my fiance.

iPad Air 2

Happy New Year to all !!!

Dimitris
My web directory for Model RailRoading (Greek and English Language)
http://trains.dgservices.gr
My Photo Album
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgriman/
My Video Channel
Trainsmodeler Video Channel
Thank you for visiting
Dimitris
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Dgriman