Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline siroljuk  
#1 Posted : 24 December 2014 08:29:03(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello everybody.
I have tried to find solution for my problem from forum, but I foud out that my problem might be quite rare.
I have used CS2 for two years now and first time after latest update something happend and my 60880 stopped to work.

I have tested it with all possible means but now I´m thinking if my CS2 has a brokem buss or something.

All contacts are yellow all the time. I have made test layout and put there 16 contacts and give them rigt "port". They seems to be ok but when I move to use that layout all contact are yellow(even without any cable and S88 connect to ) I can change them to white from CS2 and from Digipet also but not via S88. I have tested cables but they are ok and I know how to connect cables.Bored Bored .
I don´t know how to test CS2 more, Confused Please i somebody know how to reset CS2 or it´s CAN-BUSS tell what to do.

CS2 is working othervice ok and I have tested new PC-application it works ok also.

My CS2 is older one, 60214 but it accepts all new version software. latest is 3.8.1(11).

Is there any way to find out if this is hardware issue in CS2.

Regards Jukka

Ps. Merry Christmas to all of you

Hello again. The reason was found. No 5+ volt from pin 1. I suppose that something serious is broken inside my CS2. I oppened the who station and cheked as far as my knowledge let me do, but it seem ok everywhere. The thing is working othervice as it shoud. In Finland there is no place to send for repair, so I think I must buy a new oneCrying Crying Crying .
I don´t know what has happend, perhaps some kind of shortcircuit in my layout.

If somebody has some kind of problems It would be nice to here of them and also how you have survived.

Regards

Jukka

Edited by user 25 December 2014 16:30:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 25 December 2014 22:31:05(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post
Hello everybody.
I have tried to find solution for my problem from forum, but I foud out that my problem might be quite rare.
I have used CS2 for two years now and first time after latest update something happend and my 60880 stopped to work.

I have tested it with all possible means but now I´m thinking if my CS2 has a brokem buss or something.

All contacts are yellow all the time. I have made test layout and put there 16 contacts and give them rigt "port". They seems to be ok but when I move to use that layout all contact are yellow(even without any cable and S88 connect to ) I can change them to white from CS2 and from Digipet also but not via S88. I have tested cables but they are ok and I know how to connect cables.Bored Bored .
I don´t know how to test CS2 more, Confused Please i somebody know how to reset CS2 or it´s CAN-BUSS tell what to do.

CS2 is working othervice ok and I have tested new PC-application it works ok also.

My CS2 is older one, 60214 but it accepts all new version software. latest is 3.8.1(11).

Is there any way to find out if this is hardware issue in CS2.

Regards Jukka

Ps. Merry Christmas to all of you

Hello again. The reason was found. No 5+ volt from pin 1. I suppose that something serious is broken inside my CS2. I oppened the who station and cheked as far as my knowledge let me do, but it seem ok everywhere. The thing is working othervice as it shoud. In Finland there is no place to send for repair, so I think I must buy a new oneCrying Crying Crying .
I don´t know what has happend, perhaps some kind of shortcircuit in my layout.

If somebody has some kind of problems It would be nice to here of them and also how you have survived.

Regards

Jukka

Hi Jukka

My very first CS2 died because of S88 signals. This may happen. If you are sure your CS2 is not working you should send it to Marklin in Germany (with a detailed explanation in English ) for repair. It costed me 200 Euros or so but my CS2 was upgraded to a 5A with Galvanic insulation. The earlier CS2 had a problem around this (prior to h/w 3.3)
The drawback: they will keep your unit for 3 months before getting back to you.
I think you should check the cable with your first S88 and also may be try with another S88. Bad contacts here can trigger a lot of things like: erratic detection, power off, etc.
Merry Christmas to you all the same

Jean
Offline siroljuk  
#3 Posted : 26 December 2014 12:40:09(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi Jean,
Thank you for your reply.

I wrote an E-mail to Märklin yesterday and explainet what has happend. I also wrote that I have opened and checked the whole device and found nothing exeptional inside.
So there is no warranty anymore. I asked them to estimate costs to repair the whole thing and we will see what is they answer. It may take a while until they will answer because of log christmas time. I´m mentally prepaired to by new CS2, but that I should order from Germany, because here in Finland those are wery expensive. Perhaps there is not a single device in the country at the moment.

Yes I have tested S88 with tree different S88 devices and no one will work as should.

Regards Jukka