Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline BigJeffyLawd  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2014 18:26:51(UTC)
BigJeffyLawd

United Kingdom   
Hello, I have a MS2 but I have been using it for DCC operation and it has a habit of switching on emergency stop after about 10/12 seconds even with nothing on the rails. I have a Fleischmann LINT 41 with DCC sound and it will only go one way and I was thinking would I be better just leaving the MS2 and moving to a multimaus system? Thanks, Jethro.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2014 19:16:21(UTC)
H0

Hi, Jethro!

Do you have some radio interference suppressor on the layout? Capacitors and such have to be removed for digital operation.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline BigJeffyLawd  
#3 Posted : 21 December 2014 20:27:03(UTC)
BigJeffyLawd

United Kingdom   
Hello, I'm just using roco geoline and I have no idea whats wrong, I fear the MS2 is causing my decoders to blow as nearly every decoder with it has blown :'(
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 21 December 2014 21:17:34(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: BigJeffyLawd Go to Quoted Post
I'm just using roco geoline
For GeoLine there is the 61190 feeder element for digital operation and the 61191 feeder element for analogue operation. The capacitor on the 61191 is a small SMD type, but I think it will cause trouble when going digital.

If in doubt, try a simple piece of track without feeder element and hold the ends of the 60113 cables to the rails for a test.

I fear the MS2 is causing my decoders to blow as nearly every decoder with it has blown :'(
Which power supply do you use with it?
My MS2 never blew any decoder. I operate it at 18 V DC from a switching-mode power supply.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline BigJeffyLawd  
#5 Posted : 21 December 2014 21:26:17(UTC)
BigJeffyLawd

United Kingdom   
Hello, thanks very much for the reply, its definitely the feeder as I'm using the analogue one thanks very much for the help. Is there any forum you would recommend for European DC layouts in English as this is the best forum there is but I cannot find an equivalent for DC, thanks again, Jethro.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 21 December 2014 22:29:41(UTC)
H0

Is there any forum you would recommend for European DC layouts in English as this is the best forum there is but I cannot find an equivalent for DC
Forget about AC and DC: nowadays there is digital with studs (three-rail) and digital without studs (two-rail) - and this is the best forum in the world.

Yes, there is analogue two-rail and analogue three-rail and differences are slightly greater there.

Another forum:
germanrail.fr.yuku.com
Competent people there, but I visit it infrequently because IMHO the forum software is not competitive.

More links:
https://www.marklin-users.net/Linkomatic#Clubs
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#7 Posted : 23 December 2014 08:18:13(UTC)
Goofy

Hello, thanks very much for the reply, its definitely the feeder as I'm using the analogue one thanks very much for the help. Is there any forum you would recommend for European DC layouts in English as this is the best forum there is but I cannot find an equivalent for DC, thanks again, Jethro.

If you use Märklins products,you simple get better information here with english language.
Märklin do offer with DCC protocols too.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline sjlauritsen  
#8 Posted : 23 December 2014 10:29:50(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
about AC and DC: nowadays there is digital with studs (three-rail) and digital without studs (two-rail) - and this is the best forum in the world.

I reckon that. I have not found any other forum either. I think the Germanrail forum is quite silent, not much happens there.

I run two-rail with DCC and Märklin MS2 and CS2, with no problems what so ever. So there are "two-rail people", so to speak, in this forum as well. All Märklin - except H0 - is two-rail anyway. :-)

...oh and that interference thing with GeoLine and the digital system that is a bad cocktail. When I first started in 2-rail, I had a PIKO-track and it made the digital signal go awry. Everything was wrong. Then I got C-track from Trix and all my problems went away. For a while I thought it was the PIKO track that was bad, until somebody said to me: The feeder is analogue. I was like "oh?" and test, test, test, surely... there was my problem. Anyway, now I've fall in love with the C-track - and some might think that is weird being 2-railer and with all the track-options and all, but it works for me.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/