Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Andreas K  
#1 Posted : 03 December 2014 12:11:53(UTC)
Andreas K

HI All
I have more than 15 steam locos on my layout at any given time, all have sound and the sound is turned on.
The majority of these loco’s either stand at a yard or on a siding waiting for a signal to turn green (on a breaking relay).
At this stage these loco’s only have “back ground sounds” e.g. steam being released or coal being shuffled.
What I noticed is that if the CS2 (60214) stop button is press and pressed again to start, all loco’s sounds cycles are synchronized.
What I mean by this, all 15+ loco’s release steam at exactly at the same time or coal is also shuffled at exactly the same moment.

Is there a way to set the sounds on a more random time per loco so that if power is restored to the tracks the different loco’s have sounds on different times?

Any help will be appreciated.
Best Regards
Andreas

Pure Marklin - Steam is my Passion
Offline PJMärklin  
#2 Posted : 03 December 2014 13:00:04(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Andreas K Go to Quoted Post
HI All
I have more than 15 steam locos on my layout at any given time, all have sound and the sound is turned on.
The majority of these loco’s either stand at a yard or on a siding waiting for a signal to turn green (on a breaking relay).
At this stage these loco’s only have “back ground sounds” e.g. steam being released or coal being shuffled.
What I noticed is that if the CS2 (60214) stop button is press and pressed again to start, all loco’s sounds cycles are synchronized.
What I mean by this, all 15+ loco’s release steam at exactly at the same time or coal is also shuffled at exactly the same moment.

Is there a way to set the sounds on a more random time per loco so that if power is restored to the tracks the different loco’s have sounds on different times?

Any help will be appreciated.
Best Regards
Andreas

Hello Andreas,

What a fantastic layout with >15 steam locomotives making sound !!

More video with sound please!

Regards,

PJ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 03 December 2014 13:09:21(UTC)
H0

Hi, Andreas!
You can set the minimum and maximum duration between these "random" sounds. Varying these intervals between locos will bring them out of sync.
There may still be some doing the same sound at the same time for the first random sound after a stop, but the time difference should increase from random sound to random sound.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Andreas K  
#4 Posted : 03 December 2014 14:35:55(UTC)
Andreas K

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Andreas!
You can set the minimum and maximum duration between these "random" sounds. Varying these intervals between locos will bring them out of sync.
There may still be some doing the same sound at the same time for the first random sound after a stop, but the time difference should increase from random sound to random sound.

Hi Tom
Thank you very much, where do you do these changes?
Best Regards
Andreas
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 03 December 2014 16:41:45(UTC)
H0

Thank you very much, where do you do these changes?
mfx locos? I hope you have a Central Station. With CS2, open loco properties, click "CV" and look out for suitable entries. It'll be a few days until I find time to search the correct entries.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline franciscohg  
#6 Posted : 03 December 2014 18:52:38(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, took a quick look and did not found such option in the presetted pages of CV config on the CS2, there are some options in German, maybe there....
Will take a deeper look later
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 05 December 2014 10:05:54(UTC)
H0

Hi!

I took screenshots of the real Central Station and the CS2.
Bad news: it seems that only mfx decoders with manufacturer ID 151 (ESU) support this while decoders with ID 131 (TRIX) do not.

Screenshots were taken with a Märklin BR 220 with the factory-installed mfx decoder.
H0 attached the following image(s):
RandomSoundsCS1.png
RandomSoundsCS2.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Andreas K  
#8 Posted : 05 December 2014 11:18:39(UTC)
Andreas K

Hi Tom,
Thank you very much for your time and effort, much appreciated.
Kind Regards
Andreas
Offline franciscohg  
#9 Posted : 05 December 2014 12:05:55(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
So....that is why I could not find the option.... XD
Will check some ESU decos later to test it
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL