Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline foumaro  
#1 Posted : 27 November 2014 09:11:55(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
I want to know if I can run the above baggage car with my 43290 and 43929 train sets,what is your opinion?I bought the car in IMA,just a few days ago.
Offline Tom Jessop  
#2 Posted : 28 November 2014 00:54:29(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Not sure what you are actually after here ? 2 rail will work ok on 3 rail track. Does the baggage car have a flashing tail light ?, this wont work on 3 rail as power pick up is designed for 2 rail & pickup is on the wheels either side . I have no idea if it is Epoch compatible .

Cheers Tom in Oz
Offline foumaro  
#3 Posted : 28 November 2014 04:52:02(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
I wanted to know if this car was used by DB with the cars of the two trains in other routes.The wagon is era III so it is compatible i quess.I know it is two rail,this is not my problem.Thank you for your answer Tom.
Offline NZMarklinist  
#4 Posted : 28 November 2014 07:32:35(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: foumaro Go to Quoted Post
I want to know if I can run the above baggage car with my 43290 and 43929 train sets,what is your opinion?I bought the car in IMA,just a few days ago.

Hi Panayotis,

I have the Model too Cool I bought mine some years ago, originally, to run with my M43237& M43238 Rheingold Sets to which it is identical in colour and type, but not lettering and destination signs exactly. So later on, from ebay, I aquiired the M43209 & M43219 "Loreley" Sets, to which it is identical in colour and destination signs, (Basle) ThumpUp

See the info from the Trix product site below !

Technically from a Marklin operational point of view there would be no problem to run them with 43290 and 43929 which I also have Blushing

To be Era correct the 43290 Merkur Set is early EraIII (EraIIIa ?) so whilst this set has called for a matching baggage car I don't believe Trix23337 is it, but then it is your model and we cannot say that the Merkur in it's life never ran with that baggage wagen, altho Tom may correct us Unsure
The M43929 "Hans Sachs" set was an "F-Zug" train that ran Munich to Hagen ,and as the Schurzen Wagens ran on the faster Rhine route it is unlikely that Baggage Wagen ever saw use on that train.
However in 2013 M reintroduced the Merkur Train as set M43918 that contains the same wagen models as the 43929 Hans Sachs Set and as the Murker F-Zug ran down the Rhine from Hamburg Altona to Stuttgart it could well have had the Schurzenwagen Baggage Car attached , so what's in a destination sign board Confused
The Schurzen Wagens were built before WWII but I expect they didn't see regular F &D Zug service until after refurbishment in the early 50's, initially as the Rheingold Train (M43278 &43238) and later variations such as the Loreley which came to be replaced by the TEE trains. That is all guess work & speculation based on a little knowledge by me, however you have my permission to use the Baggage car on your railroad and (others Wink )

Somebody more knowledgeable than us may be able to suggest a correct model baggage Car for the Merkur Trains

Express Train Baggage Car.
Trix H0 - Article-No. 23337
Gauge: Trix H0 Era: III

Article not produced anymore.
Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) skirted car. Type Pw4ü-37 baggage car. Use: Long distance express trains on the Rhine Valley route.

Model: Era III. The car has Görlitz trucks. It also has train destination signs for the "Rheingold". The car has NEM coupler pockets and a close coupler mechanism. Length over the buffers 251 mm / 9-7/8".

In the 1930s, both the German State Railroad and the car building industry were working on improving aerodynamics; these efforts were not devoted solely to locomotives. Express train passenger cars were also given streamlined forms. The driving motivation was primarily an increase in travel speeds. Decreased coal and water consumption was also on the state railroad's wish list. Innovations on the ends of the cars were particularly noticeable. Here the side walls extended 150 mm / 5-7/8" out to the buffers. In addition, the doors were no longer recessed, but were mounted flush with the sidewall. Side wall skirting that covered the upper area of the trucks gave this family of cars its name, "Schürzenwagen" or "skirted passenger car". Due to the additional equipment, the weight of the first design increased by approximately one metric ton over the weight of the standard car, which was technically identical. As with other designs, various car types were built from the basic design. Initially, the German State Railroad received 3rd class skirted passenger cars. They had nine compartments offering seating for 72 passengers. After 3rd class seating was discontinued, they were in service for the DB as 2nd class cars, before they had to make way for the modern 26.4 m / 86' 7-3/8" cars.

66700 Lighting kit for Trix H0.

700150 Märklin AC wheel set.

Features:

Released in: - New Items 2005 - Main Catalog 2006 - Main Catalog 2007/2008 - Main Catalog 2008/2009 - Main Catalog 2009/2010 - Main Catalog 2010/2011

Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline foumaro  
#5 Posted : 28 November 2014 09:23:46(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Thank you for the detailed reply.I am not expecting the signs to be identical,the type of the cars are OK for me.I will run the car with the merkur set and i will try to find the 43209-43219 sets in ebay.de in the future.BigGrin
Offline kimballthurlow  
#6 Posted : 28 November 2014 20:26:19(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
I would also like to thank Glen for the comprehensive explanation on the use of the baggage car.

One feature of this car (and the Loreley cars) is the use of the DEUTSCH BUNDESBAHN lettering in full, instead of simple DB.

http://www.dbtrains.com/resources/www.dbtrains.com/content/publications/trains/epochIII/F/f-trein.jpg

According to the following site, this lettering was generally intended for trains used internationally (ie across borders).
Of course, the cars would have found there way into other trains as needed.
http://www.dbtrains.com/en/trains/epochIII/F

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow