Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline NS1200  
#1 Posted : 11 November 2014 17:58:32(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
NS recently purchased 19 electric Traxx locomotives for the high speed service between Amsterdam and Brussels,the first are in service.
Just picked up from the NS site that a total of 301 intercity coaches having the Fyra colors will get repainted to match the NS yellow and blue of the locomotives,and that is good news,the Fyra colors being rather horrible if you ask me.
Technical modifications on the outside will be minimal,same for the interior,aim is to bring them back in service earliest possible.

From the NS website,dated 30th October 2014:

Daarnaast worden in totaal 301 ICRm-rijtuigen klaargemaakt voor diensten over de HSL. Hierbij draait het vooral om kleine technische aanpassingen aan bijvoorbeeld het chassis. Verder worden deze rijtuigen opnieuw gespoten zodat met de gloednieuwe TRAXX-locomotieven een uniforme trein ontstaat. Van binnen vinden beperkte aanpassingen plaats, omdat de treinstellen zo snel mogelijk weer nodig zijn voor inzet in actieve dienst vanaf december.

Edited by user 21 November 2014 17:23:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline danmarklinman  
#2 Posted : 11 November 2014 18:57:14(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post
NS recently purchased 19 electric Traxx locomotives for the high speed service between Amsterdam and Rotterdam,the first are in service.
Just picked up from the NS site that a total of 301 intercity coaches having the Fyra colors will get repainted to match the NS yellow and blue of the locomotives,and that is good news,the Fyra colors being rather horrible if you ask me.
Technical modifications on the outside will be minimal,same for the interior,aim is to bring them back in service earliest possible.

I wonder if Marklin will do them as a budget set with there TraxxBigGrin
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline NS1200  
#3 Posted : 11 November 2014 20:22:36(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
NS recently purchased 19 electric Traxx locomotives for the high speed service between Amsterdam and Rotterdam,the first are in service.

I wonder if Marklin will do them as a budget set with there TraxxBigGrin

The NS intercity coaches have been in the Marklin program for decades,with minimal adjustments.
Usually they came in yellow and blue,sometimes in yellow and brown for the Benelux service to Antwerp and Brussels.
A number of these coaches were repainted in Fyra colors for servicespeed 160 km/h but Marklin did not issue those.
Now that 301 coaches are repainted back to NS colors it might well be that Marklin will issue the loco and the coaches as yet,wait and see.
The exact style of the new color scheme is not yet known,it could be a deviation from the colorscheme in use sofar.

Cheers,
Paul.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline NS1200  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2014 16:48:41(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
NS TRAXX series 186 are being phased in.
Must say they look rather attractive in their yellow and blue livery.
The coaches are still a mix of Fyra style units and regular intercity units,gradually all coaches will be repainted to yellow and blue,exact design not yet known.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline danmarklinman  
#5 Posted : 15 November 2014 14:48:48(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
NS TRAXX series 186 are being phased in.
Must say they look rather attractive in their yellow and blue livery.
The coaches are still a mix of Fyra style units and regular intercity units,gradually all coaches will be repainted to yellow and blue,exact design not yet known.

Hi are they still us ring the hired OBB coaches or have they gone back. When I was in Holland, I saw a hired OBB eurofima set and a SNCB loco on the front!! There's always lots to see on the NS systemThumpUp cheers Dan
Ps I'm with you there. They do look good in the new colours. It will be interesting to see what the coaches look like.
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline NS1200  
#6 Posted : 15 November 2014 16:05:30(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Hi Dan,

I think the OBB coaches have gone,i have not seen them lately.
No pictures found as yet of the refurbished high speed coaches,will keep an eye on that.
A lot has happened in respect of the Fyra disaster with rejected Italian trains,it is good that we have our own electric loco's on the line again,together with the repainted coaches and a service speed of 160 km/h they will make a great sight!
Our railways NS have other plans as well,from the sound of it.
There will be more and more VIRM type double deck intercity trains with redesigned interior,older regional double deck trains are being converted to much more sophisticated intercity trains as well.
My wife travelled by the TRAXX powered high speed train from Rotterdam Central to Amsterdam Schiphol in less than 30 minutes the other day,first class only,in style!
Great stuff!
Knowing Marklin and the importance of Holland for their exports,i consider it likely that later in 2015 they will issue the NS TRAXX and coaches,fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Paul.
Offline danmarklinman  
#7 Posted : 15 November 2014 20:18:46(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi Dan,

I think the OBB coaches have gone,i have not seen them lately.
No pictures found as yet of the refurbished high speed coaches,will keep an eye on that.
A lot has happened in respect of the Fyra disaster with rejected Italian trains,it is good that we have our own electric loco's on the line again,together with the repainted coaches and a service speed of 160 km/h they will make a great sight!
Our railways NS have other plans as well,from the sound of it.
There will be more and more VIRM type double deck intercity trains with redesigned interior,older regional double deck trains are being converted to much more sophisticated intercity trains as well.
My wife travelled by the TRAXX powered high speed train from Rotterdam Central to Amsterdam Schiphol in less than 30 minutes the other day,first class only,in style!
Great stuff!
Knowing Marklin and the importance of Holland for their exports,i consider it likely that later in 2015 they will issue the NS TRAXX and coaches,fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Paul, yes I was very impressed with NS rail services. Last year I went from The airport to Eurospoor. The train staff were not only very good, but also very amusing as a women had got on the wroung train and the guard had told her she needed to get of and go back the other way! She said ok what get off know!! The who was very amused at this remark, pointed out it might be a bit uncomfertable to do so as the train was still movingLOL
On a slightly different NS Marklin thing, I only noticed that Marklin are producing there new Marklin livery NS 1200 with a central mounted motor!! Not the power bogie it's had along time. It was a good runner with that motor!!
I have seen the reel thing this year when myself and my family went on the Autoslaaptrein from Den Bosch to Koper in Slovina! Brilliant trip!!
danmarklinman attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline NS1200  
#8 Posted : 21 November 2014 17:14:50(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
First pictures of the repainted ICR type high speed coaches,renamed ICRM,including end coach type with controlcabin for reverse traffic.
Colors yellow and blue are a perfect match to the new TRAXX locomotives,that is good news!
Minor changes to the outside,including white errows on the doors.
Seats will get new uphostery,no pictures found yet.
Let us see if Marklin will incorporate the small changes.

Edited by user 22 November 2014 11:37:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NS1200 attached the following image(s):
50+84+82-70+017+2014.09.20+Haarlem+Nedtrain+%287%29.JPG
50+84+29-70+442+2014.09.20+Haarlem+Nedtrain+%282%29.JPG
50+84+82-70+017+2014.09.20+Haarlem+Nedtrain+%281%29.JPG
50+84+82-70+017+2014.09.20+Haarlem+Nedtrain+%288%29.JPG
50+84+29-70+442+2014.09.20+Haarlem+Nedtrain+%281%29.JPG
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline NS1200  
#9 Posted : 22 November 2014 21:30:29(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
A complete pack of refurbished coaches at the station of Haarlem,the oldest station in The Netherlands.
Note the white arrows on the doors.
The endcoach with controlstand can only be pushed by the new series 186 TRAXX locomotives,says one viewer.
It is likely that these coaches will move to the socalled HSL line between Amsterdam and Brussels next year.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline danmarklinman  
#10 Posted : 22 November 2014 22:21:04(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
A complete pack of refurbished coaches at the station of Haarlem,the oldest station in The Netherlands.
The endcoach with controlstand can only be pushed by the new series 186 TRAXX locomotives,says one viewer.
It is likely that these coaches will move to the socalled HSL line between Amsterdam and Brussels next year.

Looks very smartBigGrin
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline kiwiAlan  
#11 Posted : 22 November 2014 22:40:42(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post

Looks very smartBigGrin

Don't worry, give them a month in service and they will be just as covered in brake dust etc as the rest of the stock Laugh
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Wildrose-Wally  
#12 Posted : 24 November 2014 03:04:56(UTC)
Wildrose-Wally

Canada   
Am I right to assume the old Benelux coaches were redone in the awfull Fyra style, now to be refurbished in the NS house style?
UserPostedImage
Offline NS1200  
#13 Posted : 24 November 2014 06:38:29(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: Wildrose-Wally Go to Quoted Post
Am I right to assume the old Benelux coaches were redone in the awfull Fyra style, now to be refurbished in the NS house style?

Good question,i think the coaches in Fyra style were picked at random from the greater NS intercity stock,but i could be wrong.