Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rmsailor  
#201 Posted : 18 November 2014 19:35:07(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Hi Herb,

the reason for almost no wine cars is that there are far fewer of them. Between barrel wagons and vans, both catalogue and specials there are probably around a hundred variants. Compared to that, beer vans run into the thousands.

Bob M.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rmsailor
Offline Herb  
#202 Posted : 18 November 2014 19:52:39(UTC)
Herb

United States   
Thanks. :)
Offline kimballthurlow  
#203 Posted : 19 November 2014 22:03:32(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,
Here is a new addition to my wagons.
It is an Electrotren all metal and wood, ostensibly catalogue #827, though I received it without a box.
I like it.

UserPostedImage

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Herb  
#204 Posted : 19 November 2014 23:17:10(UTC)
Herb

United States   
I love it. HO scale?
Offline kimballthurlow  
#205 Posted : 19 November 2014 23:28:37(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Herb Go to Quoted Post
I love it. HO scale?

Yes, HO.
If you model US stuff, there are quite a few models of US wine wagons (box cars and tankers) around.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline winetrains  
#206 Posted : 23 October 2015 17:43:28(UTC)
winetrains

Originally Posted by: DumbGuy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: winetrains Go to Quoted Post
I've done a lot of work on the scenery in my wine cellar and started taking photos today.

I plan to post a new photo about every week on this topic.

David -- My compliments on your collection. It's well beyond exceptional!! Until happening on your thread today, I was largely unaware of the variety of vintage wine cars from makers other than Marklin. My humble collection consists mainly of Marklin's 308/1 & 4510 2-barrel wagons (shown below), plus four of their more recently made larger-barrel wagons.

I do like my 308s & 4510s a lot, but thanks for opening my eyes to other options. I'll take some time to look more closely at the posts and photos here. I look forward to your future additions

Regards -- Richard

Thanks for the compliment Richard and apologies for not responding earlier. I haven't acquired any wine wagons for quite a while. Now and then I look on eBay to see what is on offer, but there doesn't seem to be as many as a few years ago when I was very active in building up my collection. I don't know if others have noticed a decline, especially in the rarer wine wagons being advertised.

Regards, David
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by winetrains
Offline winetrains  
#207 Posted : 24 October 2015 03:57:58(UTC)
winetrains

I have looked through all the 2015 Marklin online catalogs and it appears that the only wine wagon Marklin introduced in 2015 was a wine barrel car included in the 46069 Freight Car set. Not good enough Marklin so please atone in 2016.Mad
Offline rmsailor  
#208 Posted : 25 October 2015 10:23:13(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Hi David,
Nice to see hear from you again. I was beginning to wonder if photography had totally taken over your interest. I would agree there are not that many around but that is perhaps a reflection of the fact that compared to beer vans not that many been produced. However if you keep looking you can find them. I must try and get some photos of my more recent ones posted. Away from Marklin, Fleischmann have an ongoing programme of producing variants of their enclosed barrel wagon with nice ones from Spain this year. Also from Spain K*train have another couple of enclosed barrel wagons and a metal tanker. Acme, LSM and Tillig all have barrel wagons, open or enclosed.

Bob M.
Offline xxup  
#209 Posted : 25 October 2015 10:34:11(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I have looked through all the 2015 Marklin online catalogs and it appears that the only wine wagon Marklin introduced in 2015 was a wine barrel car included in the 46069 Freight Car set. Not good enough Marklin so please atone in 2016.Mad

True, but have you had a look at the Koll's special catalogues? There is a 45013 set that looks nice..

UserPostedImage

Of course, the question is: Is it wine or beer in those barrels?

And the 48008 set:

UserPostedImage
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline rmsailor  
#210 Posted : 25 October 2015 11:00:44(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Wine, for the production of wine vinegar.

Bob M
Offline xxup  
#211 Posted : 25 October 2015 12:05:32(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Still wine.. BigGrin

OMG another pun... LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline winetrains  
#212 Posted : 27 October 2015 21:35:36(UTC)
winetrains

Originally Posted by: rmsailor Go to Quoted Post
Hi David,
Nice to see hear from you again. I was beginning to wonder if photography had totally taken over your interest. I would agree there are not that many around but that is perhaps a reflection of the fact that compared to beer vans not that many been produced. However if you keep looking you can find them. I must try and get some photos of my more recent ones posted. Away from Marklin, Fleischmann have an ongoing programme of producing variants of their enclosed barrel wagon with nice ones from Spain this year. Also from Spain K*train have another couple of enclosed barrel wagons and a metal tanker. Acme, LSM and Tillig all have barrel wagons, open or enclosed.

Bob M.

Guilty your honour, it has been a long time Bob and photography did consume my time. Now I have taken up the drums and piano. I'm a sucker for punishment.
I checked Marklin's 2014 catalogue and there is a wine barrel car in the 46086 freight car set. I would like to acquire the wagon but have no interest in the other six freight cars.
According to the catalogues I have, Marklin has not produced an HO scale wine wagon as a separate item for at least the past two years. I have started downloading catalogues for all the manufacturers I know going back to about 2011 and will post the model numbers on this forum topic of any wine wagons I find.

I'm off to Spain in 10 days time and will be away for five weeks, so you won't hear from me during that time.

If anyone is interested in photography, I'm only an enthusiast amateur who has bought more stuff than I can use. I set up a website www.dtpixter.com using a template from www.Wix.com. Happy to chat with anyone on photography via the contact email address on the website. Can you guess the location where the photo was taken (of me by my wife) on the home page? Hint, it is somewhere in the UK.

Cheers from downunder Bob and I didn't mention the Rugby World Cup 2015 in respect of the readers whose country got knocked out. That wouldn't be Australian!

David
Offline kimballthurlow  
#213 Posted : 27 October 2015 23:42:58(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
..... Can you guess the location where the photo was taken (of me by my wife) on the home page? Hint, it is somewhere in the UK...
David

Hi David,
I don't know why I say Vale of Evesham, because I have never been there.
But I must admit to having read most of Thomas Hardy's books, and some of his poetry.

regards
Kimball
Offline winetrains  
#214 Posted : 28 October 2015 10:21:30(UTC)
winetrains

Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
..... Can you guess the location where the photo was taken (of me by my wife) on the home page? Hint, it is somewhere in the UK...
David

Hi David,
I don't know why I say Vale of Evesham, because I have never been there.
But I must admit to having read most of Thomas Hardy's books, and some of his poetry.

regards
Kimball

Strike 1 Kimball; great to hear from you again and I see you have been active on the Forum
Offline rmsailor  
#215 Posted : 28 October 2015 12:28:17(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Hi David,

The only other Marklin wine wagon that is currently available is the Michel Labatut bi-foudre which is an exclusive for France. As you said you will be five weeks in Spain that should be long enough to order one. Enjoy your time there anyway.

I shall not say anything about the rugby though the speed at which the referee left the pitch might be construed as significant.

Bob M.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by rmsailor
Offline kiwiAlan  
#216 Posted : 28 October 2015 13:41:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hi David,
The only other Marklin wine wagon that is currently available is the Michel Labatut bi-foudre which is an exclusive for France.

Well, France, Italy, and Switzerland, released early 2014. I certainly got mine from Italy. See post 199 in this thread for a picture of it.

Offline rmsailor  
#217 Posted : 28 October 2015 17:57:09(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Hi David,

I have posted a selection of photos of some of my more recent purchases on the Marklin Users facebook page.

Bob M.
Offline DaveCowl  
#218 Posted : 29 August 2018 09:05:35(UTC)
DaveCowl

United States   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

Hi David,

I see you have this wagon from the Wine-making school (Weinbauschule) in Weinsberg. This wagon was designed by Hans Bender (my favourite Märklin dealer for the last 20 years, based in Weinsberg). Actually its reference number is 4482.047, not as you have it.

I have a complete collection of all the many wagons designed by Hans (most of them not wine-related). Have you seen or collected the ones below?

Weinsberg Weinbauschule

This Weinbauschule one is actually my favourite Märklin special-edition wagon.

Mittleres Weinsberger Tal

Wodka Gorbatschow

and this was the original Wodka Gorbatschow wagon, before Märklin themselves copied the idea and issued the 44530.

Collecting wine wagons is a nice idea, and you have a great collection!

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I was looking for a number for this wagon and saw your post. It is funny to me that we have been to the same train dealer in Weinsberg. I visited just the once but bought the wagon :)

Now just trying to catalog it...

Cheers! Dave.
Offline Nigel Packer  
#219 Posted : 29 August 2018 13:15:03(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: DaveCowl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

Hi David,

I see you have this wagon from the Wine-making school (Weinbauschule) in Weinsberg. This wagon was designed by Hans Bender (my favourite Märklin dealer for the last 20 years, based in Weinsberg). Actually its reference number is 4482.047, not as you have it.

I have a complete collection of all the many wagons designed by Hans (most of them not wine-related). Have you seen or collected the ones below?

Weinsberg Weinbauschule

This Weinbauschule one is actually my favourite Märklin special-edition wagon.

Mittleres Weinsberger Tal

Wodka Gorbatschow

and this was the original Wodka Gorbatschow wagon, before Märklin themselves copied the idea and issued the 44530.

Collecting wine wagons is a nice idea, and you have a great collection!

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I was looking for a number for this wagon and saw your post. It is funny to me that we have been to the same train dealer in Weinsberg. I visited just the once but bought the wagon :)

Now just trying to catalog it...

Cheers! Dave.

Hi Dave,

Hans is still my Märklin dealer, and my source of all support and information. He's a really good man. It's now 25 years he's been my dealer, and I presented him with a commemorative silver plate when Chris and I visited him at the end of May (after we'd been to Zuffenhausen to collect my new car)!

Are you coming to Eurospoor or Cologne this year?

Best wishes,

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline TEEWolf  
#220 Posted : 30 August 2018 00:40:50(UTC)
TEEWolf

A link for a few wine barrel coaches from the Bavarian Länderbahn.

http://www.osterthun.com...%20weinfasswagen.bay.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org..._Bavarian_State_Railways

So many cart loads wine wagons, an so little wine.BigGrin
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline winetrains  
#221 Posted : 20 December 2018 11:27:11(UTC)
winetrains

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Thankyou Teewolf.

I have this wagon, it is a Trix Car Club (2012). Really nice.

Sorry I did not respond earlier but I took a long break from this forum. However, I did buy a number of rare HO scale wine wagons from a French collector between April 2016 - Feb 2018.

Manufacturers included Marklin, Roco, Au Pullman, SMCF, Rateau Annees, Paul Soulleys, Ibertren, VB, JL Jean Laffont and Sachsenmodelle.

Happy to provide photos to anyone who is interested.

Regards, David
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by winetrains
Offline rmsailor  
#222 Posted : 20 December 2018 16:09:22(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   

Thankyou Teewolf.

Sorry I did not respond earlier but I took a long break from this forum. However, I did buy a number of rare HO scale wine wagons from a French collector between April 2016 - Feb 2018.

Manufacturers included Marklin, Roco, Au Pullman, SMCF, Rateau Annees, Paul Soulleys, Ibertren, VB, JL Jean Laffont and Sachsenmodelle.

Regards, David

Hi David,

Nice to hear from you again. I did wonder about what had happened to you. More photos would be welcome..

Was the French collector Didierbetty who is still listing on E-bay? I purchased quite a few items from her. I suspect it may be an estate collection that is being sold off.

Bob M.
Offline winetrains  
#223 Posted : 21 December 2018 08:29:35(UTC)
winetrains

Thankyou Teewolf.

Regards, David

Hi David,

Nice to hear from you again. I did wonder about what had happened to you. More photos would be welcome..

Was the French collector Didierbetty who is still listing on E-bay? I purchased quite a few items from her. I suspect it may be an estate collection that is being sold off.

Bob M.

Hi Bob,

Nice to chat with you again. You are correct but Didier was a male last time I communicated with him (Sep 2017). My understanding was he was selling his collection because they were taking up too much space.

I have around 440 HO scale wine wagons in my wine cellar but Didier's collection leaves me in the shade. I cannot fathom how long it took him to collect them (HO, O, N, Echelle 1).

I will post photos of all the wagons I purchased from him (it will take some time) starting with Paul Soulleys whom I had never heard of.

Merry Xmas from Australia and we finally won a game of cricket (against India).

Aside, have you noticed how much more expensive it is to post wagons from Europe and the US?

Cheers, David

Offline winetrains  
#224 Posted : 21 December 2018 08:38:27(UTC)
winetrains

Attached below are photos of 6 (of 17) HO Scale Paul Soulleys wine wagons that I purchased in 2017. They are all rare.

I have Googled his name without much success. Luv to hear from anyone who knows something about him.

I will post photos of the remaining 11 wagons over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers, David
PS14_edited-2.jpgPS17_edited-2.jpgPS15_edited-2.jpgPS16_edited-2.jpgPS12_edited-2.jpgPS13_edited-2.jpg

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by winetrains
Offline rmsailor  
#225 Posted : 21 December 2018 10:16:19(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   

Thankyou Teewolf.

Regards, David

Hi David,

Bob M.

Hi Bob,

Nice to chat with you again. You are correct but Didier was a male last time I communicated with him (Sep 2017). My understanding was he was selling his collection because they were taking up too much space.

I have around 440 HO scale wine wagons in my wine cellar but Didier's collection leaves me in the shade. I cannot fathom how long it took him to collect them (HO, O, N, Echelle 1).

I will post photos of all the wagons I purchased from him (it will take some time) starting with Paul Soulleys whom I had never heard of.

Merry Xmas from Australia and we finally won a game of cricket (against India).

Aside, have you noticed how much more expensive it is to post wagons from Europe and the US?

Cheers, David

Hi David,

I assumed female from the Betty part of the name. I guess that is just the French. His catalogue is fascinating and well worth perusing as a record of what has been produced even if you do not buy from him.

I would guess I have around 100 wine wagons along with a lot of others. However space is now at a premium so I am having to be fairly selective about what I buy. I did avoid going after older items to avoid problems with wheels.

If you are looking for something new look out for Omnibus Models from Spain. A new firm that did some unusual metal bi-foudres. They should still be available, try Bazar Matey.

Merry Christmas from a rather dull but not too cold Scotland on the Winter solstice. I shall be running a suitable train for the season.

Regards.

Bob M
Offline winetrains  
#226 Posted : 22 December 2018 01:40:43(UTC)
winetrains

Photo below is a very rare VB HO scale wine wagon 24cm long and by far longer than any other in my collection.

Is there a longer one?

Regards, David

0Q2A2938_edited-2.jpg

thanks 9 users liked this useful post by winetrains
Offline kiwiAlan  
#227 Posted : 22 December 2018 12:39:58(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Photo below is a very rare VB HO scale wine wagon 24cm long and by far longer than any other in my collection.

Is there a longer one?

Regards, David

0Q2A2938_edited-2.jpg

Hmm, imagine having a real one of those roll up to your party ... Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh RollEyes Woot

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline TEEWolf  
#228 Posted : 23 December 2018 00:39:05(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Is there a longer one?

Regards, David

0Q2A2938_edited-2.jpg

Hmm, imagine having a real one of those roll up to your party ... Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh RollEyes Woot

My thought was too: why such a long wine car. We trink it, before we transport it. Love So we only need short wagons Laugh like the one in this train.
http://www.osterthun.com...ueterwagen/T24045-Lv.htm

See the wagon with the name CASTELL on it. A small wine village, not far away from my home.
Offline winetrains  
#229 Posted : 08 January 2019 01:35:35(UTC)
winetrains

Photos below are of two very rare Au Pelican wine wagons produced between 1940-1950.0Q2A2940_edited-2.jpg0Q2A2939_edited-3.jpg
Offline winetrains  
#230 Posted : 16 January 2019 11:22:47(UTC)
winetrains

_Q2A4555_5625.JPG

Edited by user 16 January 2019 16:50:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 10 users liked this useful post by winetrains
Offline rmsailor  
#231 Posted : 25 January 2019 20:39:20(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
_Q2A4555_5625.JPG

Nice,

Bob M.
Offline PJMärklin  
#232 Posted : 26 January 2019 09:19:29(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
_Q2A4555_5625.JPG

Hi WT,

Does this mean you need to drink your way round the mainline?OhMyGod

Regards,

PJLaugh
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline winetrains  
#233 Posted : 30 January 2019 07:45:25(UTC)
winetrains

Thanks PJ,

I have drank my way around the mainline too many times to count. Some of my most interesting eBay purchases were made after a couple of glasses of wine too many. One purchase mistook a Z class wine wagon for an HO scale. You will never see a smaller model train wine wagon.

Let me add to your education on Vollon & Brown (VB) which is one of the most collectable brands around and produced model trains in the 50s & 60s. In 1946, Jacques-Antoine VOLLON and Albert BRUN team up to create the VB brand setting up their establishment in Paris. In 1947, commercialization of freight wagons of an excellent finish for the time. In 1960, the market underwent a significant change and VB had to face a competition that knew how to adapt to the requirements of the market; thus JOUEF offers products at lower costs and captures VB customers. At the end of 1960, LINES-BROS bought VB.

I have posted below photos of 5 VB wine wagons from my collection.

Regards, David

0Q2A2949_edited-2.jpg0Q2A2944_edited-2.jpg0Q2A2950_edited-2.jpg0Q2A2945_edited-2.jpg0Q2A2947_edited-3.jpg
Offline rmsailor  
#234 Posted : 30 January 2019 10:04:46(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Hi David,

Thanks for the photos of some nice looking wagons. To expand on your remarks about the take over of VB by Lines Bros. This was an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to expand the Tri-ang range into the French market. Most of the VB range was deleted and only a few items were produced However it coincided with the rise of the low cost brand Jouef which was to sweep away all the traditional French makes. With the failure of Meccano Ltd. in 1964, Hornby AcHo was also to fall into the Lines group but it too vanished fairly rapidly.
Ironically after various changes of ownership for both brands, Jouef along with Electrotren, Rivarossi and Arnold, is now part of Hornby Hobbies, successor company to Tri-ang. Sadly these ranges are only shadows of there former selves.
There was a web-site which listed all the French companies but I think it is no longer active.
Bob M.
Offline winetrains  
#235 Posted : 30 January 2019 10:32:19(UTC)
winetrains

Hi David,

Thanks for the photos of some nice looking wagons. To expand on your remarks about the take over of VB by Lines Bros. This was an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to expand the Tri-ang range into the French market. Most of the VB range was deleted and only a few items were produced However it coincided with the rise of the low cost brand Jouef which was to sweep away all the traditional French makes. With the failure of Meccano Ltd. in 1964, Hornby AcHo was also to fall into the Lines group but it too vanished fairly rapidly.
Ironically after various changes of ownership for both brands, Jouef along with Electrotren, Rivarossi and Arnold, is now part of Hornby Hobbies, successor company to Tri-ang. Sadly these ranges are only shadows of there former selves.
There was a web-site which listed all the French companies but I think it is no longer active.
Bob M.

Appreciated Bob and thanks.

Below are three links below which record the history of VB.

https://www.trains-vb.com/
http://trainsdefrancois.free.fr/vb.php
http://trainsdefrancois.free.fr/vb.php

What amazes me is that this Marklin forum is tolerant of non-Marklin discussions. I have around 103 HO scale Marklin wine wagons which accounts for almost 25& of my collection.

Aside, I have HO scale model wine wagons fron 35 manufacturers and am more than wiling to share photos and information with anyone who is interested.

Cheers, David

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by winetrains
Offline Markus Schild  
#236 Posted : 30 January 2019 10:33:11(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   

Hi,

Yes, there is a company named HORNBY today. But that company has nothing to do with MECCANO LTD which was the the inventor and producer of HORNBY DUBLO and the "old" HORNBY-trains.
When LINES BROS took over MECCANO 1965 the tools for the original HORNBY - trains (but not the name) were sold to G&R WRENN in 1965.
LINES BROS replaced the HORNBY-trains with their own TRIANG- trains and named the TRIANG-trains "HORNBY TRIANG" until they broke down in 1971.
While MECCANO (the construction kits and other toys) was sold to AIRFIX (which went in bankruptcy in 1979), the HORNBY TRIANG trains were sold to DUNBEE-COMBEX-MARX which sold the trains as HORNBY until they went into bankruptcy in 1980.
Between 1980 and 1986 there was no company producing HORNBY - trains or using the name. The "new" HORNBY was founded in 1986 and used tools bought from the DUNBEE-COMBEX-MARX remnants.
Confused? Yes it's confusing.

Regards

Markus

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline kiwiAlan  
#237 Posted : 30 January 2019 14:50:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post

While MECCANO (the construction kits and other toys) was sold to AIRFIX (which went in bankruptcy in 1979),

And the Airfix name is now owned by the company that trades as Hornby ...

Offline rmsailor  
#238 Posted : 30 January 2019 15:26:29(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

Yes, there is a company named HORNBY today. But that company has nothing to do with MECCANO LTD which was the the inventor and producer of HORNBY DUBLO and the "old" HORNBY-trains.
When LINES BROS took over MECCANO 1965 the tools for the original HORNBY - trains (but not the name) were sold to G&R WRENN in 1965.
LINES BROS replaced the HORNBY-trains with their own TRIANG- trains and named the TRIANG-trains "HORNBY TRIANG" until they broke down in 1971.
While MECCANO (the construction kits and other toys) was sold to AIRFIX (which went in bankruptcy in 1979), the HORNBY TRIANG trains were sold to DUNBEE-COMBEX-MARX which sold the trains as HORNBY until they went into bankruptcy in 1980.
Between 1980 and 1986 there was no company producing HORNBY - trains or using the name. The "new" HORNBY was founded in 1986 and used tools bought from the DUNBEE-COMBEX-MARX remnants.
Confused? Yes it's confusing.

Regards

Markus

The name HORNBY was adopted for the model company as it was vacant while after the various changes while there was still a separate company trading as Tr-ang. A full history of Tri-ang-Hornby 1950-1995 can be found in the three volumes by Pat Hammond. Unfortunately a proposed forth volume failed to appear after the publishers New Cavendish Books had financial difficulties. Ramsey's Model Trains contained useful product lists but it too appears to have ceased publication after the2016 edition.

Bob M.

Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#239 Posted : 09 April 2019 15:56:04(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
I have been away for a while and am happily back amongst freinds!

My quite humble collection is this:

Märklin 308 (I presume - no box) without a data board
Märklin 308 (I presume - no box) with blank databoard
Märklin "4510" Orange Box but "308" on the databoard
Märklin 4510 Blue Box 4510 on the databoard
Märklin 4910 kit unbuilt with parts in original plastic bag

Trix Hobby 33834 Württemburg

Liliput 235496 Dujardin
Liliput 235497 Dujardin

Piko 14399 Cinzano

Röwa 2317 Dujardin (Refrigerated Containers)

And as David said:
Quote:
"What amazes me is that this Marklin forum is tolerant of non-Marklin discussions."

I agree most heartily BigGrin (I also am rather "broad-minded" in my choice of wine Cool )

I do have a question:

I suppose that Mother M made many versions of the 308/4510/2760, but How Many? Is that a "Kohl's Catalog" thing?

Thanks and Peace,

Jimmy
Jimmy T
Analogue; M-track; BR 111; KLVM; Primex; Sarrasani Zirkuswelt
There is a Prototype For Everything
Offline Booyaka  
#240 Posted : 13 April 2019 09:30:56(UTC)
Booyaka

France   
Some links about French productions :

VB tanks

VB flat zamak with Barrels

VB flat maquette with barrels

Allard Au Pullman

L.S. Models

R.E.E. mixed wine and oil

Sachenmodelle

Two VB, grey or green ; cab or not ; barrels painted or not

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

VB : various barrels maquette

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

VB : various barrels zamak :

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Forum Loco Revue transport du vin - 46 pages

Stef
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Booyaka
Offline rmsailor  
#241 Posted : 13 April 2019 10:31:01(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   

Hi Stef,

Thank you for the links.

Bob M.
Offline carlos.rivas.16752  
#242 Posted : 13 April 2019 21:51:14(UTC)
carlos.rivas.16752

Spain   
Originally Posted by: Brakepad Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the wonderful pictures, in particular from electrotren wagons. Living in the Spanish "Penedes" wine region most of the advertised companies are familar to me and the wagon from "Reus" is a nice sight.

Best regards

Thankyou Brakepad. I have posted photos below of 2 Electrotren tank wine wagons made in the 1960s (Cisterna Vinicola Del Panades) and 6 limited edition box wagons (500 produced of each 1997-1999) made by Electrotren under the Matey label. I have a large Electrotren collection including another 14 Matey box wine wagons. All are pictured on Flickr and anyone interested can email me at Topfluc@gmail.com for instructions. They are not for public viewing and I have created a Flickr guest account with permissions to view. Regards, David

Guess you already know it but Matey, or I better say Bazar Matey is an old and well renewed train shop from Madrid.

Here´s a pic of the beautiful old shop located at Fuencarral Street. A few years ago they moved to a street near Fuencarral and the shop lost quite a bit of its half-century charm.

Regards
Carlos

UserPostedImage
My blog both in Spanish and English: https://grunewiesen1965.wordpress.com
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by carlos.rivas.16752
Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#243 Posted : 18 November 2019 14:15:36(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
Quote:
From Richard, Post #197:
"My humble collection consists mainly of Marklin's 308/1 & 4510 2-barrel wagons (shown below), plus four of their more recently made larger-barrel wagons.

I do like my 308s & 4510s a lot..."

Regards -- Richard

As I also have more 308/4510 than any other (I wonder why Confused Confused ) but then I found this little photo:

UserPostedImage

http://forum.e-train.fr/viewtop...amp;t=5424&start=450

"A prototype for everything..." Cool

Not sure where I will find the Preiserlings with the nifty hats...

Jimmy

(edit: added the picture link jt)
Jimmy T
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Jimmy Thompson
Offline kiwiAlan  
#244 Posted : 18 November 2019 16:42:53(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Jimmy Thompson Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
From Richard, Post #197:
"My humble collection consists mainly of Marklin's 308/1 & 4510 2-barrel wagons (shown below), plus four of their more recently made larger-barrel wagons.

I do like my 308s & 4510s a lot..."

Regards -- Richard

As I also have more 308/4510 than any other (I wonder why Confused Confused ) but then I found this little photo:
"A prototype for everything..." Cool

Not sure where I will find the Preiserlings with the nifty hats...

Jimmy

(edit: added the picture link jt)

More to the point, where will you find a hand pump like that for the preiserlings to sit in the sun and pump from the barrel into the tank car?

And how many barrels to a tank car barrel?

I would have thought they would have organised some way to lift the barrels so they would drain into the tank cars.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#245 Posted : 18 November 2019 17:35:43(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
Quote:
More to the point, where will you find a hand pump like that for the preiserlings to sit in the sun and pump from the barrel into the tank car?

LOL Indeed! Maybe I might suggest it to Viessmann? Or maybe they are nearly there: 1550 schrankenwärter - he could be pumping wine as well as lowering and raising gates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9BifzmR4hE at time mark 0:20-0:30...oh dear, just needs a new hat Cool

Quote:

I have seen photos of twin-barrel cars with capacities that vary from 120-150+ hectolitres, and a barrel is about 225-250 litres, so I am guessing quite a bit of pumping is going on Unsure

Quote:
I would have thought they would have organised some way to lift the barrels so they would drain into the tank cars.

Is it possible that the pump is used to start the flow like a siphon action? (granted, back then labour was cheaper, sometimes 'all in the family' Wink ). But then one might need a way to stop the flow when changing the hose to an empty barrel...brain-storming again...I wonder if they used the hose/pump arrangement to avoid any sediment that may have settled to the bottom of the car barrel (although a rail trip would seem to shake things up a little...)??

Jimmy

edit to add Viessmann youtube jt
Jimmy T
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jimmy Thompson
Offline kiwiAlan  
#246 Posted : 18 November 2019 18:00:15(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Quote:

LOL Indeed! Maybe I might suggest it to Viessmann? Or maybe they are nearly there: 1550 schrankenwärter - he could be pumping wine as well as lowering and raising gates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9BifzmR4hE at time mark 0:20-0:30...oh dear, just needs a new hat Cool

Quote:

I have seen photos of twin-barrel cars with capacities that vary from 120-150+ hectolitres, and a barrel is about 225-250 litres, so I am guessing quite a bit of pumping is going on Unsure

Quote:

Is it possible that the pump is used to start the flow like a siphon action? (granted, back then labour was cheaper, sometimes 'all in the family' Wink ). But then one might need a way to stop the flow when changing the hose to an empty barrel...brain-storming again...I wonder if they used the hose/pump arrangement to avoid any sediment that may have settled to the bottom of the car barrel (although a rail trip would seem to shake things up a little...)??

Jimmy

edit to add Viessmann youtube jt

That would be a good possibility ...

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#247 Posted : 18 November 2019 18:26:06(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
I wonder if kimball still his little vignette? And could he work the Viessmann 1550 into it?

Quote:
Post #37 from Kimballthurlow:
I staged the picture using the Bellingrodt picture from Wuppertal in 1956 (thanks Alberto for that terrific link).
Here the wine is being loaded into smaller barrels for distribution to wine merchants around the town of Altkloster.

http://www.qldrail.net/a...ster/48801wekawa-800.jpg

Does this constitute leading our friends into temptation? Blushing

Jimmy
Jimmy T
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jimmy Thompson
Offline DaleSchultz  
#248 Posted : 18 November 2019 22:01:19(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

It is less work to just pump the wine.

To lift the barrels you have to lift the wine and the barrel, and you have to lift both higher than the train barrel.

Plus you would have to get the empty barrels down again afterwards. It only makes sense to use gravity if the wine barrels start off higher than the train barrel.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DaleSchultz
Offline Tom Jessop  
#249 Posted : 18 November 2019 23:05:19(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   
Is it possible that we are on the wrong track regarding the wine barrels , I am thinking that the wine is being transferred from the smaller barrels which have come from various small vineyards into the rail mounted wooden tanks to be taken to a large bottling plant & being mixed with other wines to make a decent drinkable wine . A bulk wine train used to run from some of Australia's southern wine growing area to Sydney for processing before being put on sale to the public . Now its all done by road transport .

Cheers Tom in Oz .

Going thru a few more pages of the link given above , page 34 first photo shows a rail wagon being drained into smaller barrels .
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline kimballthurlow  
#250 Posted : 19 November 2019 01:34:52(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
I wonder if kimball still his little vignette? And could he work the Viessmann 1550 into it?

Quote:
Post #37 from Kimballthurlow:
..the wine is being loaded into smaller barrels ...

http://www.qldrail.net/a...ster/48801wekawa-800.jpg

Does this constitute leading our friends into temptation? Blushing

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,
Temptation ..... drinking or buying models?

I imagine the Viessmann 1550 could be modified for use as a liquids pump.

regards
Kimball
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow