Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Dave Banks  
#1 Posted : 31 October 2014 04:22:45(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Hi all, I wonder if any can shed light on an issue that cropped up this morning. On starting up the Ecos #50200 it wont go beyond "Please wait" on the screen. It has version 4.0.0 on & has worked fine up to now. I can connect it to the computer but finding the IP address will be an issue as naturally I did not think to write it down. Has any one come across this problem or can shed an light on what to do to sort it out. I am sure it is a software issue hopefully.

Dave...
D.A.Banks
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 31 October 2014 05:14:32(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Lots of options here. I suggest that a look on page 44 of the manual for ideas on recovery. See http://www.esu.eu/uploads/tx_esudownloads/01211-10059_ECoS_2_Handbuch_ESUKG_EN_User_manual_Edition_II_March_2011_eBook.pdf

Cheers
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Dave Banks  
#3 Posted : 31 October 2014 08:17:35(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Hi Adrian,

I will have a look at that for sure. In the meantime I hit the start & F6 button simultaneously & got a result but lost all my data. Cannot find where I did my backup. Nev & I did it way back & now I am having a senior's moment. It shows it has Hardware version2.0 & Software version 4.0.0. I will follow your advise & read up a bit more. Thanks for your input.
D.A.Banks
Offline NZMarklinist  
#4 Posted : 31 October 2014 11:26:26(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
NEW THREADS Required "ECOS ISSUES" ECOS HOW TOOS

Laugh Flapper

Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline Dave Banks  
#5 Posted : 31 October 2014 11:54:38(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Hi Glen, I suppose hindsight is the word that comes to mind. I have to put a few hours into restoring it to where it was & making a backup is paramount. However it is strange it gave up the ghost today after zip / nada issues since ownership. I would still love to know a way of restoring it to how I last had it setup but I fear a factory reset had the final say. Cursing
D.A.Banks
Offline xxup  
#6 Posted : 01 November 2014 04:06:32(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Now that you have it going you might want to upgrade to version 4.0.1 .
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline jvuye  
#7 Posted : 01 November 2014 10:10:31(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Another option if you still get stuck: try the ESU online forum.
It has helped me a few times!
Just a suggestion if "you can get no satisfaction"BigGrin
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline NZMarklinist  
#8 Posted : 02 November 2014 14:08:20(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: DaveB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Glen, I suppose hindsight is the word that comes to mind. I have to put a few hours into restoring it to where it was & making a backup is paramount. However it is strange it gave up the ghost today after zip / nada issues since ownership. I would still love to know a way of restoring it to how I last had it setup but I fear a factory reset had the final say. Cursing

Hi Dave,

Pardon me for being cynical, if nothing works from the handbook, a factory reset may be the last resort.

Also just before you do the reset, Jacques suggestion of the ESU forum is also an excellent idea. If you haven't already registered it may take a day or two because you have to wait for a confirmation reply from ESU for a log in code whilst they verify you Ecos' serial number, don't get that wrong !!Scared There are lots of very knowledgable English speakers on the forum as well as ESU ThumpUp

Adrian's suggestion is a good one right now !ThumpUp
Sometimes upgrades mess with your config so might as well do it after the reset ! RollEyes

Then when you've set it all up again for your layout, do a back up to your own PC and save a copy elsewhere as well Scared

The PC interface with Ecos (And CS1-R Wink ) is very intuitive and easy ThumpUp

Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline Dave Banks  
#9 Posted : 04 November 2014 21:59:14(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Hi Jvuye, I did contact the ESU English forum & they were most helpful. Glen I am probably like most men & dive into something & try to fix it without referring to the manual first. We think we know best but this little exercise proved me wrong. Yes I should have referred to the book first time round & once that reset was done it was all over red rover. But apart from the "oh what have I done" it turned out all good. I did a better loco Icon entry & the track diagram while tedious turned out to be a challenge and once I got the hang of it I had a lot of fun & now all is as it should be with improvements & yes the obligatory backup was done. Gents thanks for all your input. Glen have you met my good friend Fred Spencer. He hails from the North Shore?

D.A.Banks
Offline NZMarklinist  
#10 Posted : 04 November 2014 22:52:19(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: DaveB Go to Quoted Post
Glen have you met my good friend Fred Spencer. He hails from the North Shore?

Hi Dave,
Sure have met Fred, I was aware you knew him from your posts with pics of his great loco custom repaints !

Fred is the President this year of the Auckland Marklin Club, I'm not currently a financial member cause I object to the fact they put the subs up to pay for new club rooms where we haven't a hope in hell of affording them anyway, with the current level of membership. (less than 20 !)
This wasn't Fred's doing, but against all odds Fred is doing a great job of keeping the Club running and building new Modules, apart from the fact he refuses to read the plans and instructions for them, and builds them out of free particle board, but at least that provides the club with a portable layout that can be quickly set up for display, and play etc.
We meet at members homes, often Fred's place, but I am usually working Monday nights so have only attended one this year !

Glad to hear you've got your Ecos sorted, sometimes a fresh start can be good with MRR !! Jacques has an EcosII also btw

I am still very happy with my CS1-R at V3.3
Glen
Auckland NZ

Offline Dave Banks  
#11 Posted : 05 November 2014 06:14:55(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   

Hi Glen, my beginnings with Marklin in New Zealand back in 1994 was with Ian Barrett who sold the product in his Glenfield shop & my meeting up with Rex Meijering from Glen Eden. His shack at the bottom of the garden was any Marklinist dream come true. I fondly called it "Mecca". He wasn't cheap but he had quality items & mostly anything you needed in the accessory department. I do miss the club meetings once a month. We unfortunately don't have that in Queensland Australia. Visits to Fred'a place normally started upstairs in the lounge with a good red. Not much was achieved downstairs when the bottle was finished. The rest you know all about.

D.A.Banks