Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline charles Sharpe  
#1 Posted : 03 November 2014 04:50:46(UTC)
charles Sharpe

I am about to redo all the settings on my 60215 and it hasn't been updated for 2 years please could you tell me the latest HW and SW it should have via an ethernet cable,

many thanks Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 03 November 2014 08:22:24(UTC)
H0

The latest SW version is 3.7 (IIRC it's exactly 3.7.0(1)). The HW version does not change and any CS2 can run the latest software.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline charles Sharpe  
#3 Posted : 03 November 2014 09:37:59(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hi.

Is there any tips you can give me on how to do it. The last time I tried I was unsuccessful after 6 goes. I did a back up first the plugged the internet cable in ticked the no usb box the update and it kept come back to say not done.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 03 November 2014 11:07:02(UTC)
H0

Hi, Charles,

You can get version 3.7 either from the Internet or from the USB update.
So you can use the method that worked successfully the last time (if any).

Several things can go wrong when updating via Internet. With USB, just pick a memory stick that is small enough (physically) to be plugged in all the way. A stick with one through eight GB formatted with FAT32 (not NTFS) should do.

If your CS2 has less then version 3.6, remember to start the upgrade at least twice. Pink tachometers indicate incomplete update.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline charles Sharpe  
#5 Posted : 03 November 2014 13:39:28(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Tom.

I have done a update and now I have pink dials.I am unable now to do a further update because the set up screen has locked. When I go to the set up page it's not like it should be. Down the left side of the screen now has daten then update then sound then cs2. I cannot shut it down like I should be able to do. What do I do now.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 03 November 2014 14:14:02(UTC)
H0

The Update button may have been renamed.
Is there a "Netz" button in the line that starts with "Update"? Press "Netz" to continue the upgrade from the Internet or "USB-Stick" to upgrade from USB. Then press "Start" on the new screen, wait while it's busy. Then press "Weiter" and wait again. Finally click the green tick.

You can get instructions in Dutch:
http://www.marklin.nl/su....6.2%20uitgave%201.3.pdf
And in German:
http://medienpdb.maerkli...s/cs2update_Info_3_6.pdf

Not sure if these instructions also exist in English. But maybe the pictures help a bit.

Setup screen should be English again when the second upgrade has completed.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline charles Sharpe  
#7 Posted : 03 November 2014 16:28:38(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
The Update button may have been renamed.
Is there a "Netz" button in the line that starts with "Update"? Press "Netz" to continue the upgrade from the Internet or "USB-Stick" to upgrade from USB. Then press "Start" on the new screen, wait while it's busy. Then press "Weiter" and wait again. Finally click the green tick.

You can get instructions in Dutch:
http://www.marklin.nl/su....6.2%20uitgave%201.3.pdf
And in German:
http://medienpdb.maerkli...s/cs2update_Info_3_6.pdf

Not sure if these instructions also exist in English. But maybe the pictures help a bit.

Setup screen should be English again when the second upgrade has completed.

I think the second upgrade is done got white dials but the set up page is not like it used to be is this correct. There is no box for shut down then it asked you if you wanted to shut down then you pressed the green tick. I will have to have a look in the morning. many thanks for all your help.

regards

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 03 November 2014 17:01:41(UTC)
H0

The "Shutdown" button was renamed to "Quit". Click "Quit" and the CS2 will ask you if you want to shut down.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0