Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ausipeet  
#1 Posted : 31 October 2014 23:47:32(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
Hello all, Hope that some one can help with this Issue please, our MMRC has currently an issue with its CS2 unit when we try to run a loco with mfx where we have to add the train manually to the unit it seems it will not accept the dip switch(address number) settings for the said loco, yet a Member of our club also has a CS2 unit which has not been updated for over a year and he has no issue with entering and then running a loco when having to set the address number for a Loco.
I hope that i have explained this simply as i really don't know what i need to state as 99.9 % of my trains are Analog but two i want to run are MFX and have this issue at our clubs Modular layout.

Please be gentle to this digital novice.

Thank you
Peter
Offline Drongo  
#2 Posted : 01 November 2014 04:59:18(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi Peter,

I'm not too far ahead of you with digital stuff, but for what it's worth - I thought you didn't need to set the address for an mfx loco it did it automatically.

Try this - put the loco on the programming track and wait a minute and an mfx icon should appear on the screen. When you press it, it should bring up the loco on that side of the screen.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo
Offline DV  
#3 Posted : 01 November 2014 06:26:24(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Yup Pete, you're dead on, you don't know much about digitalBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BUT I have to give you credit for bringing the problem upThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp - mainly because you wanted to run your digitised 01BigGrin LOL

What Peter is trying to say, that the CS2 will not register a loco with 8 dip switches (on the programming track) - we believe it is not a Märklin decoder. It will register mfx,and as far as Delta (4 dip switches) is concerned, that hasn't been tested as yet. You go through the registration process, then place the loco on the main track and you get nothing, nada, not a sausage, nix, zilch and it even won't moveBigGrin .

This loco in particular was registered on the CS2 in the previous version (2.0xxx), but was then deleted during a clean up. The CS2 then was upgraded to the latest - via an ethernet cable, so that mfx+ can be run (when members finally work out how to run mfx+Blink BigGrin ) and that's why we believe this might be the cause......I know, really clutching at straws hereLaugh .

One member tried his loco at the club, then took it home and did the registration on his, and it worked. His version is the 2.0xxxx.

Has anyone else struck this problemConfused Confused Confused Confused

Many thanks
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
Offline Ausipeet  
#4 Posted : 01 November 2014 06:30:58(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
tried with my small four dip switch engine aswell DV and same problem on the clubs CS2 that day
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 01 November 2014 06:44:32(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hmmm, it sounds like you can run mFX locos but cannot run MM locos.

Methinks someone has turned off the MM protocol in the CS2 setup. On the CS2 go into settings, then 'Track' (you may need to click on the Spanner first) and make sure that MM is ticked.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline DV  
#6 Posted : 16 November 2014 09:29:40(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Hmmm, it sounds like you can run mFX locos but cannot run MM locos.

Methinks someone has turned off the MM protocol in the CS2 setup. On the CS2 go into settings, then 'Track' (you may need to click on the Spanner first) and make sure that MM is ticked.

Had club meeting last Friday night and tried your suggestion, but as usual, we got confused.

Here is what we found :-

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Found the spanner, then found track and noticed Track Format For Locomotives was set to auto. We then tried to set it to mfx+mm2 and nothing happened. Same problem as before, couldn't register 8 switch digital loco.

We then tried to reset the CS2 to the 2.x version and after some time all the locos we had registered before (which we cleaned up when we went to the latest version) had returned. Peter's loco was there, we tried to run it, but again got nothingCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

A new member rolled up and we managed to register is ICE 1 via the catalogue number and it worked perfectly. Also his mfx registered perfectly.

We are now running out of ideas of what to doCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing .

Seriously thinking of resetting to factory version, but which one märklin or maerklin???? And more importantly howConfused Confused Confused Confused Confused . Cos I did check to see what version it was when we did the 2.x reset, it still showed the 3.x versionConfused Confused Confused Confused

Our brains are starting to hurtCrying OhMyGod Scared Blink Confused Mad Crying Crying Crying

Hhhhheeeeellllllppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dusan V
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 16 November 2014 10:30:53(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post
Same problem as before, couldn't register 8 switch digital loco.
Older 8-switch decoders will not work if red and brown are swapped, newer ones will work.
With "auto" all protocols are enabled.
In my experience the CS2 sometimes needs a re-boot if locos are not running. There shouldn't be a problem with a freshly started CS2.

It seems you cannot downgrade to older versions once you installed v 3.6 on the CS2. So if you have 3.6 or higher, it's no surprise you cannot install version 2.x again.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline DV  
#8 Posted : 16 November 2014 11:10:55(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
It seems you cannot downgrade to older versions once you installed v 3.6 on the CS2. So if you have 3.6 or higher, it's no surprise you cannot install version 2.x again.

But there must be a way that you can reset to the original factory settings?

Dusan V
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 16 November 2014 18:27:18(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post
But there must be a way that you can reset to the original factory settings?
Not my area of expertise.

AFAIK you can click the "Restore" button in the "Daten" row of the "Setup" screen to restore the "internal" backup of the factory configuration.

There should also be backups of the configuration that were automatically saved before upgrades were installed. So maybe you don't have to go back to the factory defaults.
You can "Save" the current configuration and then "Restore" some of the older backups to see if that makes a differences.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage