Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mikemasey  
#1 Posted : 26 October 2014 02:29:08(UTC)
mikemasey

Australia   
Hi friends,

a short time ago I managed to get hold of an electronic controler 6600.
I had hoped to be able to use it as a shuttle and have a back and forth train.
After many hours of trying and re-reading the instructions I have managed only to enable the acceleration and braking function! Any ides?

Secondly and much more pleaseing is the elctronic fine speed controler 6699 I also got hold off.

I have never had my old anologue locos run so slow or smooth(as good as my brothers new Bachmen DC system, sorry about mentioning Bachman and DC!!)

You are able to hear the motor"chattering" so I am thinking that it is a pulsed A/C device similer to those that were availiable for DC systems before DCC?

Even my old heavy V200 sounds like a proper diesel at slow speed(who needs DCC!).

My newest engine is a Delta class 74 and even that is over 10 years old now, this does not run with the 6699 crontoler also pointing to it being a pulsed system?

thanks

mike.
Offline Renato  
#2 Posted : 26 October 2014 09:57:34(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi Mike,

AFAIK the delta/digital locomotives can not be controlled with such a type of controller and it should be stated in the locomotive manual (IIRC it was indicated in the old manuals not to operate with these types of controller).

Cheers

Renato
Offline Rocca  
#3 Posted : 26 October 2014 17:49:55(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hello Mike,

I find the 6600 and the 6699 (for Gauge 1 too) wonderful, even if they can be damaged very easily and nobody will repair them (it is just my own experience), but anyway you can find them on E-bay. Well, a shuttle is easy to manage through this device. You need only to connect to the socket II a wire to 2 5146 at the beginning and one at the end of the track you use for the automatic commuter operation. If you'ven't them it is great too simply to connect the socket II with a control box you use for controlling turnouts and signals and when you switch on the green button the train stops and goes in the opposite direction. You need to push the button 5 for having all this issues on. If you don't press the 5 Button there is no influence on the trains.

Best regards
Stefano Rocca
Offline mikemasey  
#4 Posted : 27 October 2014 05:02:36(UTC)
mikemasey

Australia   
Thanks guys,

yes Stefano I have 2 x 5146 and all I seem to get is that the train will pause for how ever long I set it for and then continue in the same direction!
Plus I do not seem to have any manual reversing action when I turn the control knob fully anticlockwise.
Unfortunately I thing that the unit is not working as expected so I will have to get another one. :(
Offline Rocca  
#5 Posted : 27 October 2014 20:13:42(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hello, Mike,

Only a thing: do you press the button n. 5 when you want the shuttle?
Anyway, yesss, about the manual reversing it tells the device is damaged. No Märklin Services could repair mine!! Crying Crying

Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: mikemasey Go to Quoted Post
Thanks guys,

yes Stefano I have 2 x 5146 and all I seem to get is that the train will pause for how ever long I set it for and then continue in the same direction!
Plus I do not seem to have any manual reversing action when I turn the control knob fully anticlockwise.
Unfortunately I thing that the unit is not working as expected so I will have to get another one. :(

Offline TheFatTick  
#6 Posted : 30 October 2014 15:53:38(UTC)
TheFatTick

United States   
I have two 6600's and am experiencing the same issue with both of mine as well. I have a line I intend to use as a shuttle for a glaskasten loco I have, but cannot get the loco to reverse with either unit. I can get it to pause, but not reverse direction.

I thought the issue might be in the 5146, but I believe I have eliminated that possibility by servicing multiple 5146's without success.

The 6600's seem to be rare and desired, and consequently don't come cheap, and I am wary of purchasing a third without assurances that it has been thoroughly checked out. The two I have I believe I can use elsewhere to pause locos at stations, but the shuttle is an important component of my layout. Not having success at getting the shuttle to operate correctly is cramping my progress.

Allen
Offline Purellum  
#7 Posted : 30 October 2014 17:37:17(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Markus Schild posted this link in January; if you know an electronic wizard he might be able to repair the unit:

http://home.arcor.de/stu...n/6699schaltplan_197.jpg

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline mikemasey  
#8 Posted : 30 October 2014 23:56:36(UTC)
mikemasey

Australia   
Hi Allen,

Yes I am having the same problems as you. Disapointing but at least I will be able to use my 6600 to pause a train in the station so not a total loss.

I will probably try another one before going down the selfe build path, just need to find a circuit diagram!

mike.
Offline Purellum  
#9 Posted : 31 October 2014 00:10:11(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Quote:
just need to find a circuit diagram!

CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY PREVIOUS POST !!! Scared

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline mikemasey  
#10 Posted : 03 October 2017 08:58:34(UTC)
mikemasey

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

Markus Schild posted this link in January; if you know an electronic wizard he might be able to repair the unit:

http://home.arcor.de/stu...n/6699schaltplan_197.jpg

Per.

Cool

Hi Purellum,
do you still have the link for a 6600 circuit diagram?

I have tried the link above but don't seem to be successful!

It is for another Michael4 on this site but I don't know how to put you two in touch so I will credit you instead.

Thanks.

Mikemasey.
Offline Purellum  
#11 Posted : 03 October 2017 10:33:16(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

In this topic on Stummi's you can find the diagram for the 6600:

https://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=121658

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage