Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline muddmover  
#1 Posted : 11 July 2014 23:44:06(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
You have been a member since:: 05/11/2012(UTC)
Hello everyone, I have a question concerning the 7286 turn table. I would like to get it working with my cs2 through a 7687 digital decoder. So for aI have connected the decoder as per the manual (all 0 on the decoder hooked up to O on a piece of C rail, and all B on the decoder hooked up to power (B) on a piece of rail). The rail is connected directly to the cs2 with nothing else on the system. Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea as to where to go now, because the manual has been very unhelpful. Do I need to go into programing mode? if so, how, and what do I do once I'm in there? Thank you everyone for all your help, and I look forward to all your answers. Im really excited to try and get this working, and will be very disappointed if I can't.Cursing
Offline craigericks  
#2 Posted : 12 July 2014 00:49:20(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Hello muddmover,

1) On your CS2, keyboard page 15 has all the commands to program your 7687 digital decoder and get your tt working.
2) Follow the instructions in the digital decoder manual for programming the turntable
3) If after you get it working and a short causes it not to work properly even after you have reprogrammed it, go to the last page of this document that Ross Stewart put together to explain how to get your turntable decoder working again.

http://members.ozemail.c...urntable_programming.pdf

Here is a recent discussion on the trials and tribulations of how to keep your tt decoder working.
https://www.marklin-user...0215-CS2.aspx#post431263

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Ross helped me tremendously and got my turntable working again.

Best Regards,
Craig
File Attachment(s):
7686_turntable_programming.pdf (2,900kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
Marklin:CS2 and TrainController Gold v10
Offline muddmover  
#3 Posted : 12 July 2014 01:01:13(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Cragericks, Im still a bit confused. When I go to page 15 on my keyboard in the cs2 its exactly the same as my other pages. Do I need to change something? Or do you mean that on the keyboard I control the TT from from the buttons labeled 15? I'm sorry, but this whole "page 15" thing isnt making any sense to me. If possible, could you try and explain it to me in as simple of a way as possible? thank you so much for you prompt reply.
Offline craigericks  
#4 Posted : 12 July 2014 01:24:16(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Originally Posted by: muddmover Go to Quoted Post
Cragericks, Im still a bit confused. When I go to page 15 on my keyboard in the cs2 its exactly the same as my other pages. Do I need to change something? Or do you mean that on the keyboard I control the TT from from the buttons labeled 15? I'm sorry, but this whole "page 15" thing isnt making any sense to me. If possible, could you try and explain it to me in as simple of a way as possible? thank you so much for you prompt reply.

Using the keyboard tab on your CS2, at the bottom scroll to and select the 15 tab . On that tab should be the tt commands that you need to move and program your turntable.

Offline muddmover  
#5 Posted : 12 July 2014 01:40:47(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Originally Posted by: craigericks Go to Quoted Post

Using the keyboard tab on your CS2, at the bottom scroll to and select the 15 tab . On that tab should be the tt commands that you need to move and program your turntable.

Hmm. This is all I see. Is it supposed to be that way?
muddmover attached the following image(s):
screenshot.sh.png
Offline craigericks  
#6 Posted : 12 July 2014 02:19:33(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
should look like this attached photo.

I have a 60215 CS2 which has tab 15 of the keyboard with the TT commands. Perhaps your CS2 has this page somewhere else. If your decoder is not new, it may have had its address changed to 14 ( see decoder manual page 13) You might try checking the tabs in your cs2 to see if you can find the tt commands.

Just found in the CS2 manual, page 55 that keyboard window 15 is preprogrammed with tt commands, but one can delete this. Perhaps this has been delete on your CS2. Perhaps someone else on this forum can help you reprogram this keyboard window for you.
craigericks attached the following image(s):
IMAG0547.jpg
Offline Drongo  
#7 Posted : 12 July 2014 11:04:41(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I had troubles trying to program my TT - even will Ross's help, both over the phone and coming to my place. The problem I had was that I bought 3 7687 decoder units and all 3 were faulty. I sent 2 of them back to Marklin and they replaced them and with the new units I was successful in programming the TT. So, maybe you have a faulty decoder unit - just maybe.

I assume that you know how to start the programming cycle as per Ross's document - i.e. you press the big stop button the CS2 and then press it again to return the power and within 5 seconds of the power return you press the "input" icon on the screen. Move the TT bridge to the exit/entry position by pressing the arrow icon, then press the "Clear" icon. Move the bridge to a stall and press "input". Keep moving the bridge to all the stalls pressing "input" at each stall. Then to finish press "end" and your finished. I hope this works for you. If it doesn't then there's a strong possibility you have a faulty decoder.

There's just one other thing - the latest addition on Ross's instructions relates to reseting the decoder if it should jam. This is a good idea to do if you have programmed the decoder before and the TT has jammed at some time.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline craigericks  
#8 Posted : 12 July 2014 14:04:14(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
should look like this attached photo.

I have a 60215 CS2 which has tab 15 of the keyboard with the TT commands. Perhaps your CS2 has this page somewhere else. If your decoder is not new, it may have had its address changed to 14 ( see decoder manual page 13) You might try checking the tabs in your cs2 to see if you can find the tt commands.

Just found in the CS2 manual, page 55 that keyboard window 15 is preprogrammed with tt commands, but one can delete this. Perhaps this has been delete on your CS2. Perhaps someone else on this forum can help you reprogram this keyboard window for you.

On pages 56-57 in the CS manual it shows how to set up your keyboard for solenoid accessories. Additionally on page 23 of Ross's document, he shows the correct tt commands, addresses and names for the keyboard. His page also shows the correct programming steps forthe decoder. http://members.ozemail.com.au/~rossstew@ozemail.com.au/rms/pdf/7686_turntable_programming.pdf
Offline ecastrog  
#9 Posted : 01 October 2014 22:35:54(UTC)
ecastrog

Ecuador   

Hmm. This is all I see. Is it supposed to be that way?

Hi Muddmover

Were you able to solve this problem? I have the exact same issue with my CS2Confused

I remember when I first got my CS2 that I saw page 15 with the controls for the TT, but I didn't have a TT then...

Now I have a TT and yesterday was trying to program it, and found that page 15 looks exactly the same as the rest of them.

I updated my CS2 to the latest version, but still can't find the page where the TT controls are!

Hope you were able to solve this and get me a hint

Regards,
Esteban
Offline Graham HO  
#10 Posted : 08 October 2014 04:55:05(UTC)
Graham HO

New Zealand   
For those of you still having a problem with programming 7687 T/T Decoder - build the 3 light module (either 3 LED's Red, Green and Yellow with current limiting resistor in series, OR 3 small coloured incandescent bulbs of suitable voltage) as recommended in the instructions - pages 2 and 3 English - and connect to the T/T This will give you a visual indication to help you establish where you are in the programming process.

Once you have sorted things out - leave the module attached, the Red and Green lights will give you a reassuring indication that all is well every time you use the T/T .

Sorry that I can not be more helpful with the whereabouts of page 15 on the Keyboard facility - but can sympathise with the badly written English instructions - needless to say that this situation has been given enough air on previous threads.

How do our non German speaking members cope with the translation for their specific language in other Märklin user manuals? It can not be just English that suffers from a bad and at times incomprehensible translation. I eventually re-wrote the English instructions for myself with what I felt could be understandable grammar and syntax - and fortunately it worked for me.