Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline danmarklinman  
#1 Posted : 14 September 2014 10:26:23(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Dear all,
I have the Marklin 41874 TEE PBA set. Which I was going to put lighting in, but in there paper work with the set, they state there are two lighting set numbers and that you need two of each-Confused

Model: The cars are reproduced to scale without compromise in all of the dimensions. Minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16" (with sufficient clearance). The cars have underbodies specific to the various types of cars. The cars have type Y24 trucks. The cars have a special paint finish to represent the INOX surface. The 7319 current-conducting coupling or the 72020/72021 current-conducting coupler, the 73405 pickup shoe and the 73400/73401 (2 per car) lighting kit can be installed in the cars. Total length over the buffers 113 cm / 44-1/2".

Can anyone tell me, what I need for the four coaches please. Cheers Dan
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline NZMarklinist  
#2 Posted : 19 September 2014 16:41:49(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Hello Dan

You need to choose the colour of the lighting. 73400 is a softer warmish white colour, probably most appropriate, for Era IV. The 73401 are a bright white colour most suitable for ERA V-VI but perhaps a French member may know what sort of lighting these cars actually had in their day. You will need eight, two per car Blink

You will also need to choose what type of current conducting couplers you prefer, the drawbar permanent type; 7319 or the 72021 for conventional uncoupling, and a pickup shoe; 73405.

See here; http://www.maerklin.de/p...SetNew=1&bShowLogo=0
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Online mmervine  
#3 Posted : 20 September 2014 13:48:42(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
I used warm white for my set and I think it looks pretty good. Be careful, when doing this as these cars are fragile and the steps keep breaking off the bogies.

Mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Online mmervine  
#4 Posted : 20 September 2014 13:50:28(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
I should add that I used RTS couplers between the cars and, since the cars are so long and have 'extra' room at the end, I used a capacitor in each car to reduce flickering.
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline NZMarklinist  
#5 Posted : 21 September 2014 04:54:12(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: mmervine Go to Quoted Post
I should add that I used RTS couplers between the cars and, since the cars are so long and have 'extra' room at the end, I used a capacitor in each car to reduce flickering.

I do use RTS couplers also, but in most cases you need the E239830 Y contact feeder as well, not sure about that set.
see here; http://www.ebay.com/itm/...trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I was just trying to make the solution simple Huh

FYI Dan, RTS couplers are the same as those in the Marklin 72020/1 kits, (they are made by RTS and have been around for years) but you'll need to source the additional parts required.
ie; the Y contacts and the ground contact springs
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline anthpao  
#6 Posted : 04 October 2015 17:19:35(UTC)
anthpao

Greece   
Ok with the internal lights. What about marker lights?