Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline morsing  
#1 Posted : 06 September 2014 17:40:57(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
Hi,

I've got two Roco locos on C-track. I'm not too impressed with the C-track tbh, it has a lot of design flaws and quality issues but that's a different matter.

Track is new, locos look clean to me, but when going slowly they frequently stop and need a push. Is there anything I can do to fix that? Does the C-track need running in? Would some fine emerald paper help/

Thanks
-----
Modelling west Denmark era IV - possibly with some out-of-place elements!
Marklin C-track + CS3+
12m2 layout to be controlled by RocRail
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 06 September 2014 17:53:34(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Check to see that the studs are pushed right through the plastic and have sufficient height for the show to contact them. I have come across C track where the stud strip isn't pushed right home, maybe the press at the factory had an off day, or the molding didn't have cleaned out holes for the studs or something.
Offline witzlerh  
#3 Posted : 06 September 2014 17:54:20(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
Don't always blame the track for poor running. Before using sandpaper, use cork from a wine bottle or a white eraser. Do a rub on the track, it does not have to hard enough to cut the cork or eraser. Also drag a finger, cork or eraser over the centre pukos.

If there is no improvement, then next check the wheels and pickups on the lok. Typically there is too much oil used in lubing and it breaks contact on the lok. I usually find crud built up on the wheels that need to be removed with rubbing. I do a nail scratch on the wheels and it it removed a patch, it's wheel cleaning time.

Brand new track may need the rails and pukos wiped to remove manufacturing oils.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6