Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#1 Posted : 18 June 2014 20:54:55(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Sorry if this has been asked before...??
How do I go about updating to the latest MS2 software version (I think its v2.1 now?) - I have 2xMS2's 60653 with v 1.83,and they are both acting up badly: when slowing down, the loco will suddenly speed up. or vice-versa. Its almost impossible to slow down "click-by-click" when entering a station, as the loco will suddenly take off at speed, or come to an instant stop....Cursing
I tried factory re-sets, but no difference. Also set up an independent test track to make sure there is no prob in my layout, bit alas, the same peculiar responses!Crying
...In fact, would an update resolve this issue?? The one MS2 is about 4yrs old, from a start set, the other is about 3yrs old - got it with v1.83, and used that to update the older one...I have also tried swopping the connector boxes, and power packs ( I have spares of each), but no difference.....
any help......Confused
Thanks, Joe
Offline sjlauritsen  
#2 Posted : 18 June 2014 21:14:25(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Joe Meiring Go to Quoted Post
Sorry if this has been asked before...??
How do I go about updating to the latest MS2 software version (I think its v2.1 now?) - I have 2xMS2's 60653 with v 1.83,and they are both acting up badly: when slowing down, the loco will suddenly speed up. or vice-versa.

You take the Mobile Station to your dealer and ask them to update it. If you know somebody with a Mobile Station or Central Station with the newest software they can update it as well. You only need to update one Mobile Station, then that Mobile Station can update your other Mobile Station and the railbox.

I am not sure it will correct your problem though.

Just out of curiousity: How many locos have the problem you describe. You only mention "loco", which could mean just one loco. If you only have one loco, and the two Mobile Stations act up, it could be the loco what has the problem. Otherwise it could be the railbox that is troublesome. If more locos have the problem, and both Mobile Stations have the problem, there is only one thing they have in common: The railbox. I would try to get hold of another Mobile Station or take mine to the dealer and test them there. I would also test the system with another railbox.

Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#3 Posted : 18 June 2014 21:59:24(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Thanx Soren
It happens with all 16 of my locos, on the test track and on my actual layout - and with both my connector boxes(railboxes) and both transformers(power packs)....
Joe
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 19 June 2014 09:32:07(UTC)
H0

I think its v2.1 now?
Current version is 2.30.
Only improvement I found so far versus 1.81 are new characters "(" and ")" added to the keyboard (as of version 2.10). I think there is no documentation about improvements yet and I haven't heard of other improvements yet.

You need at least 1.83 to operate mfx+ locos. I haven't heard of any improvements that justify an upgrade to a newer version.

They documented improvements to the behaviour of the speed knobs with version 1.40. I didn't notice any improvements with respect to the speed knobs since then.

Did you use the MS2 to upgrade the track box? IIRC 1.39 is the latest.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#5 Posted : 19 June 2014 10:46:41(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Thanx Tom - I did indeed update the railbox to 1.39.....
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#6 Posted : 28 August 2014 20:27:23(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
I think its v2.1 now?
Current version is 2.30.
Only improvement I found so far versus 1.81 are new characters "(" and ")" added to the keyboard (as of version 2.10). I think there is no documentation about improvements yet and I haven't heard of other improvements yet.

You need at least 1.83 to operate mfx+ locos. I haven't heard of any improvements that justify an upgrade to a newer version.

They documented improvements to the behaviour of the speed knobs with version 1.40. I didn't notice any improvements with respect to the speed knobs since then.

Did you use the MS2 to upgrade the track box? IIRC 1.39 is the latest.

I eventually decided to send back the 2 defective MS2's 60653 to the dealer, Modellbahnshop-lippe. They in turn sent it to Marklin.
It took about 7 weeks all in all to get them back. Marklin say they replaced a faulty cable on the one MS2, and "replaced" the other MS2, and updated both to v2.3. The good bit is there was no charge, even tho they were out of the warranty period. The bad bit is that the one MS2 still behaves erratically, the other is absolutely A OK BigGrin
Not too sure about the one they say they "replaced" - it has the same serial number, and all my locos were still loaded....unless they only replaced some of the "innards" Confused ...but at least this one is working beautifully again.
The other MS2, with the "replaced cable" is also my original MS, same serial number, with all the locos still loaded....but this one ain't working so good....
I noticed that both the MS2's had an extra loco loaded, "23 008" - maybe this was their test loco used at Marklin...?
Anyway, at least I have them safely back, and quite happy there was no charge, and I have v2.3 now...ThumpUp
Thanks all for your inputs...Joe

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Joseph Meiring