Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 12 July 2014 15:35:42(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline GlennM  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2014 19:53:19(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Just out of interest does anyone know who makes the red and green railcars?

BR

Glenn
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline Unholz  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2014 20:26:01(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
A difficult question. Unsure I assume that the layout is O gauge, but I am not aware of a manufacturer who produced the red railcar (the designation of the two prototype units was originally RBe 4/8 661 and 662, later RAe 4/8 1022 and 1023).

Hermann comes to mind ( http://www.hermann-rail.ch/index.php ), but perhaps also Allmo or Frisa. However, I have the impression that it might have been built by a modeler.

I saw two different green railcars in the video, first a BDe 4/4 and then an RBe 4/4. In both cases I can't precisely identify the manufacturer either.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline GlennM  
#4 Posted : 17 July 2014 13:58:31(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post
A difficult question. Unsure I assume that the layout is O gauge, but I am not aware of a manufacturer who produced the red railcar (the designation of the two prototype units was originally RBe 4/8 661 and 662, later RAe 4/8 1022 and 1023).

Hermann comes to mind ( http://www.hermann-rail.ch/index.php ), but perhaps also Allmo or Frisa. However, I have the impression that it might have been built by a modeler.

I saw two different green railcars in the video, first a BDe 4/4 and then an RBe 4/4. In both cases I can't precisely identify the manufacturer either.

Thanks for your reply. ThumpUp ThumpUp

BR

Glenn
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#5 Posted : 17 July 2014 19:42:01(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
If it is indeed O gauge, that is some seriously expensive equipment to be running outdoors!
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline MACER  
#6 Posted : 09 August 2014 04:43:00(UTC)
MACER

Argentina   
AMAZING!!
Congratulations for the big job.

MACER
Offline Johnvr  
#7 Posted : 09 August 2014 09:07:12(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Aha .. I really enjoyed watching that.

A good advertisement for SBB trains.
And the scenics to go with them.

Regards,BigGrin
John
Offline Caralain  
#8 Posted : 09 August 2014 18:15:17(UTC)
Caralain

United States   
Hi guys:

There is more to it. As far as I can tell, there is actually three more videos about the very special layout of Hans Horlacher. He represents the third generation of his kins working for the Swiss railroad. Interestingly enough, Hans was apparently born in the Swiss German spoken part of Switzerland, and retired in the Italian spoken part of Switzerland located in a "canton" south of the Alps called in Italian "Ticino". The Gotthard line runs through Ticino and is a vital part of the local economy.

Hans was a locomotive engineer for the SBB. In the past, the engineers, before driving a locomotive, had to be trained in precision mechanic or electrical engineering (nowadays, I believe these requirements are no more). This explained what you will watch in the first video: Hans built himself some of his equipment. In particular, he built from scratch the red arrow seen in the video John introduced us to.

First Video: 3rd generation train worker. As you will discover, the outside layout seen in John's video is only a section of a bigger one inside his home.

Second Video: Inside_outside. It will give you a better idea of the indoor and outdoor layout.

Third Video: Fuehrer stand. A little journey on Hans's layout from the perspective of the engineer.

Pierre
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Caralain
Offline petestra  
#9 Posted : 27 August 2014 16:25:27(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Thanks a-lot for those links, Pierre. Those are super layouts and videos. Peter ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp Smile
Offline GlennM  
#10 Posted : 27 August 2014 19:08:10(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Caralain Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys:

There is more to it. As far as I can tell, there is actually three more videos about the very special layout of Hans Horlacher. He represents the third generation of his kins working for the Swiss railroad. Interestingly enough, Hans was apparently born in the Swiss German spoken part of Switzerland, and retired in the Italian spoken part of Switzerland located in a "canton" south of the Alps called in Italian "Ticino". The Gotthard line runs through Ticino and is a vital part of the local economy.

Hans was a locomotive engineer for the SBB. In the past, the engineers, before driving a locomotive, had to be trained in precision mechanic or electrical engineering (nowadays, I believe these requirements are no more). This explained what you will watch in the first video: Hans built himself some of his equipment. In particular, he built from scratch the red arrow seen in the video John introduced us to.

First Video: 3rd generation train worker. As you will discover, the outside layout seen in John's video is only a section of a bigger one inside his home.

Second Video: Inside_outside. It will give you a better idea of the indoor and outdoor layout.

Third Video: Fuehrer stand. A little journey on Hans's layout from the perspective of the engineer.

Pierre

Excellent, Many Thanks

BR

Glenn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GlennM