Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rinus  
#1 Posted : 16 August 2014 12:36:40(UTC)
Rinus

seriously thinking of buying the automatic Wheelcleaning device or Radreinigungsanlagen from LUX.

I have several other items (mainly track cleaning) from them which work rather well. But i was thinking why not clean the trains themselves as they are bringing all the dirt on my tracks?

Does anyone on the forum has first hand experience with their wheel cleaning devices Einbaugeräte (Art.-Nr. 9301 + 9301.7) Tischgeräte (Art.-Nr. 9305 + 9305.7)?

If so please let me know. I'm thinking about buying the Tischgeräte 9305.7 which is rather expensive at Lokshop (213,9 euroHuh ), so I'd like to knbwo if it realy works and prevents the track from getting dirty.

Regards,

Rinus
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 16 August 2014 15:26:08(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Yep.. I have the 9305.7 and it is awesome for cleaning locomotive wheels.. I am not so impressed with the wagon cleaning ability - I tend to use lighter fluid and ear buds (or similar) to clean those ones.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Rinus  
#3 Posted : 16 August 2014 16:20:08(UTC)
Rinus

Hi Adrian,

They also offer replacement 'filzstreifen 9307 and messing tragerprofile 9302. Do you need them?

Rinus
Offline xxup  
#4 Posted : 16 August 2014 16:32:02(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Rinus Go to Quoted Post
Hi Adrian,

They also offer replacement 'filzstreifen 9307 and messing tragerprofile 9302. Do you need them?

Rinus

Hmmm.. I am not sure what they are , but you do need plenty of spare felt pads that stick to the brass sliders.. There is also the option of sand paper strips, but I have never needed these for my locos. Sometimes I use light fluid on the flet pads for the stubbon dirt.

Oh yes - you are supposed to remove the rubber tyres before you use the tool.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Rinus  
#5 Posted : 17 August 2014 21:29:23(UTC)
Rinus

sure about the rubber tires? They say the felt pads are supposed to clean them.

Rinus
Offline xxup  
#6 Posted : 17 August 2014 23:51:22(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Rinus Go to Quoted Post
sure about the rubber tires? They say the felt pads are supposed to clean them.

Rinus

Actually no - I am not sure.. It did not come with English instructions so they had to be google translated.. I have never removed my tyres, but then, I have never used the sandpaper option either. My guess is that the tyre removal might be for the sandpaper? Blushing
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline Drongo  
#7 Posted : 24 August 2014 09:55:27(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I bought the 9305 unit 2 years ago and made the mistake of not getting the decoder model. Also the instructions were in German and was told that the English version of instructions would be out "soon". Two years later and no English version.

It was only this week that I was able to have a friend from German help me with the installation and that's when I realised I should have bought the 9305-7 model - The google translation wasn't good enough for me and I need to buy the correct model if I'm going to do the wheel cleaning easily. So my experience with the unit is not good, but it's more my fault then the Lux people. I just can't understand why businesses can't produce video instructions like the videos in the first post. As the Chinese proverb says - a picture is worth a thousand words - and in many languages.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline xxup  
#8 Posted : 24 August 2014 10:11:09(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
It should be fairly easy to add an ESU decoder to your existing wheel cleaner.. It's a pity that you live in Sydney otherwise you could have bought it over and we coukd have installed it within an hour. The next best thing is to post some photos of mine so you can work out how to add the decoder.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline Drongo  
#9 Posted : 24 August 2014 11:08:57(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
It should be fairly easy to add an ESU decoder to your existing wheel cleaner.. It's a pity that you live in Sydney otherwise you could have bought it over and we coukd have installed it within an hour. The next best thing is to post some photos of mine so you can work out how to add the decoder.

Thanks Adrian for the advice - I've got an ESU decoder lying around here somewhere and maybe with the help of your photos I might be able to install the decoder.

Regards
Greg
Online river6109  
#10 Posted : 24 August 2014 11:33:58(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
slightly off topic

although its not the same easy procedure but I use a light cleaning cream and it brings the wheels back to new but of course this is done manually ad its not a good idea before going to the theatre having black finger nails. Gumption is the name
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Drongo  
#11 Posted : 24 August 2014 12:33:34(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
slightly off topic

although its not the same easy procedure but I use a light cleaning cream and it brings the wheels back to new but of course this is done manually ad its not a good idea before going to the theatre having black finger nails. Gumption is the name

That's a good idea John. What about adding Gumption to the cleaning pads of the Lux unit?