Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rev  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2014 21:49:31(UTC)
rev

Spain   
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of selling my old train set but I have no idea how much it's worth, could somebody help me out?UserPostedImage
rev attached the following image(s):
IMG_0192.JPG
Offline Webmaster  
#2 Posted : 09 August 2014 22:10:16(UTC)
Webmaster

Since the loco is not the one supposed to be in the package, and the rest is very common stuff - I'd say 20-50 Euro is the most to expect...

However, if there is an Esso tank wagon in the blue box - you might get more since that is a "classic"...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
rev
Offline rev  
#3 Posted : 09 August 2014 22:36:25(UTC)
rev

Spain   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Since the loco is not the one supposed to be in the package, and the rest is very common stuff - I'd say 20-50 Euro is the most to expect...

However, if there is an Esso tank wagon in the blue box - you might get more since that is a "classic"...

Thanks for answering! Luckily there is in fact an Esso tank wagon inside the box, I have no idea what happened to the original loco though...
Offline cookee_nz  
#4 Posted : 10 August 2014 07:06:24(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: rev Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for answering! Luckily there is in fact an Esso tank wagon inside the box, I have no idea what happened to the original loco though...

I'm picking it's probably set "2963" (number will be on the end of the box, the last digit relates to the Transformer included). Maybe be 2960 if it's a 110v version.

If this is correct it was first released in 1964 and remained in the program until 1972. The Yellow Diesel is 3078 and was available from the late 60's.

Although you may be underwhelmed by the low-ish value, mainly because it's a very common mass-produced set, it does appear to be in remarkably good condition, certainly the box is in good nick so I suggest possibly it's had little use?

Good luck with it

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline rev  
#5 Posted : 11 August 2014 15:22:29(UTC)
rev

Spain   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rev Go to Quoted Post

I'm picking it's probably set "2963" (number will be on the end of the box, the last digit relates to the Transformer included). Maybe be 2960 if it's a 110v version.

If this is correct it was first released in 1964 and remained in the program until 1972. The Yellow Diesel is 3078 and was available from the late 60's.

Although you may be underwhelmed by the low-ish value, mainly because it's a very common mass-produced set, it does appear to be in remarkably good condition, certainly the box is in good nick so I suggest possibly it's had little use?

Good luck with it

Steve

Yeah, it hasn't had too much use and has been mostly been stored in the cupboard for the past 20-30 years. I did expect it to be worth a bit more (around 100€) but I guess it makes sense since it just a common set and not something rare or anything like that.

"Good luck with it" Thanks! I'll see what I can get for it.