Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#1 Posted : 12 June 2014 22:29:23(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi,

I have had for around one year two Märklin 1 gauge digital diesel locomotives 55031 V100 and 54325 BR 260, but only around 1 meter of straight track to just test sounds of this BR 260. Finally today I decided to do something for this and won three auctions of Märklin gauge 1 tracks. Now we finally can run them soon on our livingroom floor ThumpUp .

I have wanted for a long time curved tracks with larger radius as our livingroom has enough space to have a bit more realistic looking curved tracks, but I am not willing to spend a fortune for some of the not so popular radius tracks. So I decided to buy 5935 R=1020 mm curved tracks.

I have some questions:

Question 1: Are eight 5935 curved tracks needed to get a half circle 180 degree curve?

I also won two 5990 straight feeder tracks.

Question 2: Can these I assume a bit older 5990 tracks be used with the above 5935 curved tracks without problems?

The third auction was for five turnouts. One 5962 electric left hand side turnout in working order, 5963 electric right hand side turnout which works only in one direction. Two 5965 hand operated left hand side turnouts which from one is ok and other one is somehow broken... Then one 5966 hand operated right hand side turnout and also this one is somehow broken.

Question 3: Do these 5962/5963 use same kind of turnout motors than H0 scale ones? Are there some micro switches also here causing the turnout motor to not operate in the other direction or what are the usual faults in these electric turnouts? If hand opearated turnouts does not work what could be the causes for this? Some mechanical problems I assume...

Now I still need some long straight 900 mm lenght tracks so we will get a nice livingroom layout, but we can start with these tracks + the some straight tracks I have at home already. My sons will love these large diesels in action! RollEyes

Regards,
Janne

Edited by user 14 June 2014 21:37:37(UTC)  | Reason: Correction for V60 => BR 260

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 13 June 2014 05:09:37(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
Question 1: Are eight 5935 curved tracks needed to get a half circle 180 degree curve?

Yes!

Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
Question 2: Can these I assume a bit older 5990 tracks be used with the above 5935 curved tracks without problems?

Yes, I would think so - the track connectors seem to be the same as other tracks, but I have never used these myself. I'm using the 5654 feeder clip, which can be fixed to any piece of straight track picture attached.
Bigdaddynz attached the following image(s):
5654.JPG
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Janne75  
#3 Posted : 13 June 2014 07:14:25(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Thanks David,

Do you have an answer for my third question(s) regarding the turnouts? I got all these five turnouts with only 25 euro and two of these are described as working ok. I would like to know if there is the same kind of system in electric turnouts with micro switches also in gauge 1 ones or what could cause one turnout to not function in other direction? Also what could be wrong with one hand operated mechanical turnout 5965 and one 5966 if they don´t work? Some loose parts, broken parts or what is the common cause for these ones to stop working? I can see that there are two screws so the mechanism can be opened and if it is just some mechanical problem I think I can fix them back to working order.

Our Finnish Märklin dealer has a price of 45 euro for one 5965 turnout, so in my opinion I did a good deal even if I am not able to fix the "broken" ones... Cool

Cheers,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 13 June 2014 07:51:32(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I don't really know the answer to question #3 as I don't have any of those turnout types - I have only the 5976/5977 1020mm radius turnouts. I would however advise you to avoid buying 600mm radius curves and turnouts - Your V100 and V60 might go through them, but if you ever buy a larger loco, 1020mm is the minimum they will handle.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Janne75  
#5 Posted : 13 June 2014 19:03:40(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I don't really know the answer to question #3 as I don't have any of those turnout types - I have only the 5976/5977 1020mm radius turnouts. I would however advise you to avoid buying 600mm radius curves and turnouts - Your V100 and V60 might go through them, but if you ever buy a larger loco, 1020mm is the minimum they will handle.

I decided to buy 5935 curves with 1020 mm radius to have a little more realistic looking curves on the "main line" BigGrin . I know that there can become problems with larger locos and coaches, but I only bought these 600 mm radius turnouts to be able to build some sidings for these diesels and short two axle freight cars. When one loco is running another can stay on the siding.

They were so cheap that I decided to buy them even when they have this 600 mm radius which I really don't like. Now I have to buy some 600 mm radius curves for them and straight tracks. I could buy 59033 900 mm lenght straight tracks or 5900 or 5903 shorter 300 mm straight tracks.

Again I don't know the difference between 5900 and 5903 straight 300 mm tracks. Maybe 5900 are older type and 5903 is a newer. The newest type is 59058 for 300 mm straight track. This is confusing... Confused

Offline Purellum  
#6 Posted : 13 June 2014 22:38:22(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

The 5900 is the "very old" type, the 5903 is the old type, and the 59058 is the new type.

5900 has different connectors in the ends than 5903; but both are stainless steel; the 59058 is the "Hübner" type, made of nickel-silver.

Look here: https://www.marklin-user...vs--5903.aspx#post366985

The picture is gone; but can be seen via Google - pictures: "Marklin 5900", by me it comes up as picture no. 4.

I don't know your electrical operated turnouts; they are older than any of my equipment.

You don't "have to" buy 600 mm radius curved tracks for your turnouts; you can make the same curve with 1 + 1/3 no. 5935.

( I don't think your V100 can run on the radius 600mm tracks )

If you insist on using radius 600mm curved tracks for your turnouts, you can have a few of mine for free, I don't use them.

I can probably also offer you some straight tracks.

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 13 June 2014 23:44:46(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I'm using the 5654 feeder clip, which can be fixed to any piece of straight track picture attached.

I think it was Per who recently showed how you can use a spade connector to clip directly underneath G1 rails, to which you can solder your feeder wires. A very clever idea.
Offline Purellum  
#8 Posted : 14 June 2014 00:28:47(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Recently LOL The original topic is almost 9 years old now:

Power feeders

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#9 Posted : 14 June 2014 01:09:22(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hey, at my age, 9 years counts as fairly recent!

Maybe it was that I saw the thread recently!
Offline Janne75  
#10 Posted : 14 June 2014 08:23:47(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Thank you for helping me to decide the correct track parts. So I have only bought those 5935 curves with the correct track connectors. All turnouts and 5990 feeder tracks have the oldest type longer track connectors as 5965 and 5966 manual turnouts are the older version ones. There are newer type 5965/5966 manual turnouts available, but in that auction I won all are these older ones with longer track connectors. I can buy some newer type track connectors for them to be able to connect them with newer tracks.

I think I will buy ten 59033 longer 900 mm straight tracks to go with those 5935 curves. I just decided not to use 600 mm radius curves to avoid any problems. Per, thank you for your kind offer anyway Cool .

I can now understand better why I got those turnouts and feeder tracks for so cheap price. I hope that the track connectors are easy to change, so I can use them all together.

Janne
Offline Purellum  
#11 Posted : 14 June 2014 09:05:47(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Janne, later today I will have a look at what I have; maybe I can give you "an offer you can't refuse" LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Janne75  
#12 Posted : 14 June 2014 20:59:51(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi again,

I bought from eBay 10 x 59033 (900 mm straight stainless steel track), 5 x 5903 (300 mm straight stainless steel track), 5 x 5922 (600 mm radius curved stainless steel track), 2 x 5602 track bumper and 59095 newer type track connectors (50 pcs.).

So I changed my mind and decided to use 600 mm radius turnouts and curves for these turnouts + the 300 mm straight track parts to be able to build some side tracks for the locomotives without the need to buy other type turnouts. I am not really sure if that 55031 starter set V100 loco is able to run on these or not, but I will give it a try with very slow speed first to see what happens. 54325 BR 260 (not V60 like I wrote before) is able to run on them at least.

Janne
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#13 Posted : 14 June 2014 22:54:52(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline Purellum  
#14 Posted : 14 June 2014 23:34:51(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I'm sorry Janne; but I find this strange ?? Confused Didn't you read my post?

Everything you just bought from Ebay you could have bought from me ( Both new or used ), and I am sure to a much lover price.

Whatever, it's your money Flapper

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline Janne75  
#15 Posted : 15 June 2014 07:53:17(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

I'm sorry Janne; but I find this strange ?? Confused Didn't you read my post?

Everything you just bought from Ebay you could have bought from me ( Both new or used ), and I am sure to a much lover price.

Whatever, it's your money Flapper

Per.

Cool

Hi Per,

I thought you have only some older 300 mm straight tracks and 600 mm radius old curves. I bought recently some Märklin items from Denmark and the shipping costs were very high = 37 euro for small lightweight items in H0 scale Blink .

So then I decided to buy new tracks from the same seller from Germany where I was going to buy those ten 59033 long 900 mm straight tracks anyway with the same 15 euro shipping cost. Blushing Maybe not so wise idea if you have also these 59033 longer tracks... I want to have all the tracks needed at around the same time to my home to be able to build the "layout" and not just one large circle track with 5935 curves. This was the reason why I had a hurry Unsure .

I may need more tracks anyway, so please let me know what you have and the prices for these. As I bought also the newer type track connectors I am able to use these with the older type tracks now. I'm going to pay these 1 gauge track items I confirmed to buy in the beginning of the next week. I think it is not fair for the seller if I cancel my order, but this could be possible as the seller is a "big" seller, not a private seller. In my opinion it is not my way to do like this anyway (cancel the order) as I have not canceled anything ever before.

Regards,
Janne
Offline Purellum  
#16 Posted : 15 June 2014 11:04:45(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Hi Janne.

You are right about shipping costs from Denmark to Finland; but I have a way around that; if you can wait 2 weeks.

What I found yesterday looking through my stuff:

New tracks, most of them from starter from starter sets, meaning no boxes.

5935 ( I have 40 pieces ) 4,- Euro/piece

5903 ( I have 50 pieces ) 3,50 Euro/piece

59033 ( I have 5 pieces ) 11,- Euro/piece

5977 ( I have 2 pieces ) 40,- Euro/piece

5602 ( I think I have 2 ) 10,- Euro/piece

I also have 5904, 5916 and 5917 pieces.

I also have track connectors; but mine are the 56091 type; identical to those on the tracks. ( 56095 are the "new" Hübner type )

I also have a lot of the 56031 track clips, good if you make a large temporary layout.

Used track, meaning dusty and 2mm holes drilled in 2 sleepers on many of the track pieces. Many of the tracks have "my type" of power feeders mounted.

5922, you get 5 for free; but I have more

5935 ( I have at least 16 / full circle ) 2,50 Euro/piece

5903 ( I think I can find 10 ) 2,50 Euro/piece

59033 ( I have at least 10 ) 8,- Euro/piece

I think I can find 1 or 2 used turnouts R1020 too.

I also have several smaller bits; but it takes some work from me to find it all.

Of course you will get pictures if you are interested.

I also have a 5970 turnout, 2 x 5971 turnout and 20 x 5901 tracks; these are the "browned" type; mechanical identical to the other tracks; but the stainless steel is made brown by Märklin. They don't sell them any more; and if you want a "nice" layout, I think it will look wrong with these mixed with the other tracks.

Regards

Per.

P.S: I might also have "a little" H0 tracks

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline Janne75  
#17 Posted : 15 June 2014 19:31:52(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi Per,

Like I already wrote in my PM's to you earlier we will have a deal after a few weeks. You have very fair prices for your tracks ThumpUp .

Cheers,
Janne
Offline Janne75  
#18 Posted : 30 June 2014 00:45:29(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

I met Per (Purellum) on Saturday and he brought me a lot of Märklin 1 gauge tracks straight to my home ThumpUp . I have now more than enough of these BigGrin . Today I built a layout in our livingroom. I first built it and afterwards I put all the tracks to Wintrack 11.0 Demo program to remember how to build it again and to show how I build it. In this Demo version the saving of the layout plan is impossible, but I used Windows 7 Snipping Tool to take some photos from this one.

Later I changed new style track connectors to some older type turnouts and power feeding tracks which I bought earlier from German eBay. So those older ones can now be used with these newer type tracks (these are not the very newest type of tracks though as I prefer the stainless steel tracks). Here are some photos from the 1 gauge layout I built. It takes around 25 square meters space in our livingroom = around 6,8 meter x 3,7 meter... It has 16 pieces of 900 mm lenght straight tracks and many other track pieces. I have still 6 more of these long straight tracks, but they are stored now in my garage for future plans.

First track plan without one extra siding and then with that siding. Actually I built this extra siding later with another siding running parallel with this one using one older radius 600 turnout. Other turnouts and tracks are either radius 1020 mm or 1176 mm, but this extra siding and also the siding behind our sofa has only 600 mm radius curves and turnouts. Only my BR 260 can run on such steep curves. My V100 will run only on those wider radius curves to stay on the safe side and not wear out the cardans etc.

It is great fun to run these large locomotives Smile . These have the real track noise/sound like the real prototypes as these are heavy. I have only one Märklin "Maxi" BP Olex tank car and I should really buy more freight cars now.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Also our youngest 8 months old son and Märklin fan was happy about the new tracks and large trains:

UserPostedImage

More photos of the built layout soon...

Regards,
Janne
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline Janne75  
#19 Posted : 30 June 2014 00:47:19(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

Photos of the livingroom Märklin 1 gauge layout:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I was truly surprised to be able to use only one track power feeding point with my MobileStation 2 controller as this is quite large layout to have only one power feeding track. I used those screwed type track connectors and soldered the thicker wires to cutted normal MobileStation 2 track box thinner wires. I bought both diesel locomotives 55031 V100 and 54325 BR 260 + that BP Olex tank car around a year ago and owned only under 1 meter of display track before. It is great to be able to run them now. I bought then later that Noch tunnel as my sons (and I BigGrin ) like to have one in our livingroom. It is around 75 cm long, but it is small in this scale 1:32 of course. I have paid around 1500 euro all together for all these and in my opinion it has been very cost effective. I would like to have a Swiss green Crocodile and some nice steam locomotives later, but now it is time to just enjoy these diesels Cool .

Thanks once again Per ThumpUp .

Regards,
Janne
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline waorb  
#20 Posted : 01 July 2014 18:59:52(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Hello Janne!

Nice layout for the kids!

I have also a small one with 3 turnouts, but installed occupies all the living room. RollEyes

My boy love to play with it, since for his age (7) the train is very huge!

Cheers,

Walter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by waorb
Offline Janne75  
#21 Posted : 01 July 2014 20:30:30(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: waorb Go to Quoted Post
Hello Janne!

Nice layout for the kids!

I have also a small one with 3 turnouts, but installed occupies all the living room. RollEyes

My boy love to play with it, since for his age (7) the train is very huge!

Cheers,

Walter

Hi Walter,

Yes it is a nice layout for them and also for me BigGrin . I really like these large and heavy trains. Now I "have to" get a large Swiss Crocodile as I have the tracks for it. But later... these can be bought sometimes from auctions with reasonable prices, but the normal prices are very high for my budget if I even have any budget at all Wink .

Cheers,
Janne
Offline waorb  
#22 Posted : 01 July 2014 21:56:14(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Cool
Same here... Gauge 1 only when found reasonable prices... They are quite expensive...

Cheers,

Walter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by waorb
Offline Janne75  
#23 Posted : 29 July 2014 16:23:58(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: waorb Go to Quoted Post
Cool
Same here... Gauge 1 only when found reasonable prices... They are quite expensive...

Cheers,

Walter

Hi again,

I have recently bought some gauge 1 buildings. Today I got one really bargain to my home. It is a new unbuilt Märklin 56211 diesel tank station. This is a nice addition to our living room layout as I have two diesels Cool . Two parallel straight tracks will run through it and it has two working lights. I won auction of this 56211 for only 82 euro ThumpUp . Here some photos and my 3,5 year old son is happy for this new thing:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I will build it soon.

Also coming very soon some more buildings, other items and old digitalised 5713 DB BR 55 weathered steam locomotive:

Weathered (better looking in my opinion than the brand new ones) version of just diesel and heating oil tanks of the same Märklin 56211. It costed 74 euro:

UserPostedImage

Weathered Märklin locomotive shed for two locomotives. Some small fixing needed, but easy project. I was willing to pay high price for this as I like how it is weathered. I got it for quite high price 124 euro:

UserPostedImage

Some gauge 1 figures from unknown manufacturer for just 6,60 euros:

UserPostedImage

Here three photos of my first gauge 1 steam locomotive 5713 DB BR 55. It is digitalised and weathered (mostly from the right hand side though). I paid 288,50 euro for it:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

In my opinion it is nice to have these additions to our living room temporarily built layout. My sons (and wife LOL ) will love these new additions. Now the diesels can get their tanks filled up and at least two locomotives can stay in locomotive shed when the third one is running on the layout. Money well spent really. These things takes a lot of storage space, but I have a plan how to manage to store them RollEyes .

Regards,
Janne