Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline txmommylady  
#1 Posted : 10 July 2014 20:38:41(UTC)
txmommylady

United States   
I've searched front-ways, back-ways, side-ways and upside down on this particular set I have. Marklin HO Harry Potter Hogwarts Express Train Set 29552.

(Side note: I did find 3 recent transactions in the UK and Europe on ANOTHER model, 29551, and 1 in Australia on ANOTHER model, 29550)

Days of intense search have produced four pieces of info:
1> July 2011 this set sold on Ebay for $450
2> A random comment on cs.trains.com Dec 2004 said the marklin site listed the set price as $475
3> There is not another one to be had anywhere in our universe or beyond, and
4> Because of the lack of this set anywhere, it seems to be RARE, which may, or may not, be a good thing.

I'm trying to decide whether to sell or keep for grandsons, but want to know (1) Is this set desirable today? and (2) What would the value be?

I'm so out of my element, and totally confused Blink Drool
Offline Webmaster  
#2 Posted : 10 July 2014 20:59:06(UTC)
Webmaster

29550 - The train set only
29551 - The train set + digital controller & power pack 220-240V (Mainly Europe)
29552 - The train set + digital controller & power pack 110-120V (Mainly US)

So the 29551 & 2 should be identical, except for the power pack.

That is the way I think it is...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline txmommylady  
#3 Posted : 10 July 2014 21:23:40(UTC)
txmommylady

United States   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
29550 - The train set only
29551 - The train set + digital controller & power pack 220-240V (Mainly Europe)
29552 - The train set + digital controller & power pack 110-120V (Mainly US)

So the 29551 & 2 should be identical, except for the power pack.

That is the way I think it is...

Well that cleared up that confusion! Do you have any ideas how this US set is considered in the model train world? I'm sure it's on the fringes and laughable to many, but for overall collectibility?
Offline Webmaster  
#4 Posted : 10 July 2014 21:40:05(UTC)
Webmaster

Have no idea about the collectivity of this set, it's a revamp of a Hornby set and I don't know how it fares in the collectables market...

But maybe some other members can give more insight...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline xxup  
#5 Posted : 10 July 2014 22:51:53(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I also can't comment on the collector value of the set, but my daughter loves this set. Until a year or so ago it was constantly on our layout. It was last on the layout at Christmas time, along with the Christmas cars and the bugs bunny train (1.FC loco and the annual cars that were available until Australia was excluded through some licensing contract!)

We don't own the set. It is on long term loan from another forum member until his layout is built. Smile It might be time for me to make him an offer for the set. Blushing
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Dangermouse  
#6 Posted : 11 July 2014 00:42:42(UTC)
Dangermouse

United Kingdom   
Can't comment on the value, but I can shed some light on its origins.

The coaches are Hornby's old models of the British Railways MK1 coach, the models were tooled by Tri-ang in the '60s and were only retired in the last few years. It looks as though Marklin just adapted the bogies to take European-type couplers instead of the tension locks Hornby fitted.

The loco was originally tooled by Dapol in the '80s, they sold the tooling to Hornby in the mid '90s. Assuming that Marklin kept the motor then it isn't wonderful but will run well if kept clean and lubricated sparingly. I'm not sure how much Marklin changed other than adding a pickup slider.

Hornby offered their own 2-rail DC versions of both the loco and coaches, over time they made several differently numbered coaches (Hornby add a letter suffix to an item number to denote a new running number on an existing model, the first model has no suffix then the second has A, and so on).

The loco is an interesting choice. The model is a GWR Castle Class, so Hogwarts Castle is a fitting name. However, the loco used for filming was a Hall class, which is also a 4-6-0 but smaller.
You can never have too many Silberlinge
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Dangermouse
Offline cookee_nz  
#7 Posted : 11 July 2014 05:08:36(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
I also can't comment on the collector value of the set, but my daughter loves this set. Until a year or so ago it was constantly on our layout. It was last on the layout at Christmas time, along with the Christmas cars and the bugs bunny train (1.FC loco and the annual cars that were available until Australia was excluded through some licensing contract!)

We don't own the set. It is on long term loan from another forum member until his layout is built. Smile It might be time for me to make him an offer for the set. Blushing

When I visited Europe in 2007 my daughter and I visited a model shop in Germany (can't recall which town now) they had the full set in stock plus the supplementary coach set available. I hummed and ha'ad about it and decided to sleep on it overnight and of course the shop was closed the next day and we were moving on!

So when I came across the coach set 41551 (at the M-Museum shop actually) for Eu 69.00 I decided to grab it there and then, but I never found further stock of the main set in any of the other shops we visited afterward. I have to admit, it's probably just as well because it's quite a large set and carrying it was not going to be easy.

Upon return to NZ, within just a few weeks a full set came up on our local auction site so I grabbed it pronto - it was then $NZ399.00 which from memory at the time with the exchange rate was only around $US280.00, way less than it had been in Europe. And it was near-new so I ended up with the full set at a great price and a lot less hassle. I've never seen another one listed locally although at least a couple of the members of our club have the same set.

As for whether it will be more collectible in future, it was released purely to cash in on the popularity at the time and that has faded a lot since. One the one hand Märklin has every right to seize any opportunity it can, on the other hand, it was kind of a back door by using another manufacturers tooling but also made their costs much lower. Had Märklin had to re-tool from scratch there is no way there would have been the demand to justify it.

Personally I'm not that great of a Harry Potter fan, it's ok but I could easily have gone without. It was more of an impulsive buy than anything but in saying that I'm still glad I have it. However ask me again in 5 or 10 years and it might be a different matter. It's certainly not a prototypical mainstream consist so along with Thomas, the Pig and the Camel Wagon, it will come out when I want to amuse visitors (or myself).

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#8 Posted : 11 July 2014 10:55:48(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
The loco preserved

http://en.wikipedia.org/...00_Class_5972_Olton_Hall

http://www.marklinfan.net/harry_potter.htm

I like this children set (plastic, not Märklin and 1:78), nobody is perfect. Cool
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline waorb  
#9 Posted : 11 July 2014 13:25:44(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Originally Posted by: Alberto Pedrini Go to Quoted Post
The loco preserved
I like this children set (plastic, not Märklin and 1:78), nobody is perfect. Cool

Wonderful shots!

From both versions... Woot

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Walter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by waorb
Offline Dangermouse  
#10 Posted : 11 July 2014 15:32:48(UTC)
Dangermouse

United Kingdom   
Collector value will depend on two things:

How many of the sets are bought to play with. This is why mint and boxed old toys and trains are worth big money in some cases, the majority were bought and enjoyed which left few immaculate examples. How many Hogwarts Castles are run heavily and how many were bought, run once or twice, then stowed away in the attic.

What longevity the HP "brand" has. JK Rowling is doing her best to keep it going with "Pottermore" and recently posted a short story featuring an older Harry on there, I think there's another film in the works (not HP and friends, but in the same universe). Those kids who went to see the first film and bought the books when they were released are now young adults and starting their own families, if they pass the books on then...

The latter is crucial. The sets will start to go up in price due to the serious Marklin collectors (the gotta-catch-'em-all brigade), but the prices will go vertical if people who wanted the set as a kid (and can now afford one) start buying them. This is behind high prices of a lot of bigger items from long-established toy manufacturers, take a look at what the flagship Lego sets from the '80s are going for now.

Don't worry about spares, by the way. Hornby parts are easy to come by from ebay UK sellers, so consumables like brushes are easy to find.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Dangermouse
Offline Dimi194  
#11 Posted : 12 July 2014 01:22:39(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Dangermouse Go to Quoted Post

Don't worry about spares, by the way. Hornby parts are easy to come by from ebay UK sellers, so consumables like brushes are easy to find.

Don't want to be the big bad one here, but my experience with the Marklin Thomas and Percy (also Hornby remakes) has been that the key parts that fail (motor, which is one of those cheap cans ones, and the gear that connects the worm motor gear to the drive axle) are different from the Hornby version, and I know the gear is not made anymore as apparently 'the copyright expired' (one had to buy the entire wheel-set assembly argh).
So in terms of spares, I'd be careful... I just bought another Percy and Thomas in case one of mine fails!
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dimi194
Offline txmommylady  
#12 Posted : 12 July 2014 04:36:57(UTC)
txmommylady

United States   

Thanks! My daughter bought it but doesn't have a place to set it up (she's in college), so asked if I'd hold it or sell it. I don't know about serious train collectors, but I'm 58 and I love it myself! Laugh
Offline hvc  
#13 Posted : 12 July 2014 07:18:41(UTC)
hvc

Australia   
I have the 29551 version, and also the pack with two extra carriages. I bought it about 7 years ago (used) on ebay, and from memory it was around $400.

It's not really collectible as a M* piece (what with the plastic Hornby loco and rolling stock), but my kids like it and so do I - its certainly fun.

It comes with a marklin mobile station (the old kind) and a cardboard castle backdrop and the loco runs well enough and has a nice whistle sound effect. We have gotten years of use out of it, and it has also survived being knock off the table by a cat Blink .

I don't think that it will ever be super-collectible but I expect that it will at least hold its value.

Herman
- Herman
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hvc
Offline txmommylady  
#14 Posted : 12 July 2014 21:37:06(UTC)
txmommylady

United States   
Can't comment on the value, but I can shed some light on its origins.

The coaches are Hornby's old models of the British Railways MK1 coach, the models were tooled by Tri-ang in the '60s and were only retired in the last few years. It looks as though Marklin just adapted the bogies to take European-type couplers instead of the tension locks Hornby fitted.

The loco was originally tooled by Dapol in the '80s, they sold the tooling to Hornby in the mid '90s. Assuming that Marklin kept the motor then it isn't wonderful but will run well if kept clean and lubricated sparingly. I'm not sure how much Marklin changed other than adding a pickup slider.

Hornby offered their own 2-rail DC versions of both the loco and coaches, over time they made several differently numbered coaches (Hornby add a letter suffix to an item number to denote a new running number on an existing model, the first model has no suffix then the second has A, and so on).

The loco is an interesting choice. The model is a GWR Castle Class, so Hogwarts Castle is a fitting name. However, the loco used for filming was a Hall class, which is also a 4-6-0 but smaller.

That is incredibly wonderful information. It's just beyond hope for a layman (in my case, laywoman RollEyes ) to be able to dig up details like this. I am so appreciating you experts helping me!
Offline txmommylady  
#15 Posted : 12 July 2014 22:07:16(UTC)
txmommylady

United States   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

When I visited Europe in 2007 my daughter and I visited a model shop in Germany (can't recall which town now) they had the full set in stock plus the supplementary coach set available. I hummed and ha'ad about it and decided to sleep on it overnight and of course the shop was closed the next day and we were moving on!

So when I came across the coach set 41551 (at the M-Museum shop actually) for Eu 69.00 I decided to grab it there and then, but I never found further stock of the main set in any of the other shops we visited afterward. I have to admit, it's probably just as well because it's quite a large set and carrying it was not going to be easy.

Upon return to NZ, within just a few weeks a full set came up on our local auction site so I grabbed it pronto - it was then $NZ399.00 which from memory at the time with the exchange rate was only around $US280.00, way less than it had been in Europe. And it was near-new so I ended up with the full set at a great price and a lot less hassle. I've never seen another one listed locally although at least a couple of the members of our club have the same set.

As for whether it will be more collectible in future, it was released purely to cash in on the popularity at the time and that has faded a lot since. One the one hand Märklin has every right to seize any opportunity it can, on the other hand, it was kind of a back door by using another manufacturers tooling but also made their costs much lower. Had Märklin had to re-tool from scratch there is no way there would have been the demand to justify it.

Personally I'm not that great of a Harry Potter fan, it's ok but I could easily have gone without. It was more of an impulsive buy than anything but in saying that I'm still glad I have it. However ask me again in 5 or 10 years and it might be a different matter. It's certainly not a prototypical mainstream consist so along with Thomas, the Pig and the Camel Wagon, it will come out when I want to amuse visitors (or myself).

Cookee

Your post is right along what I've been thinking, especially the more I learn here. I had also read on a collector's blog that marklin had been in financial straits during the time they came out with this "cheaper" set as a way to regain financial foothold. As you said, understandable on their part, and a bit backdoor too, to the serious collectors. As a recreational user, rather than a serious collector, that part doesn't bother me, as the set was within reason cost-wise (of the original cost $475), and reasonably (seemingly) within quality expectations for that cost. But being ignorant of trains sets, I may be way off on that, too. As you pointed out, I had also considered the dwindling of Harry Potter mania since the movies have faded away reducing value. I'm deducing the UK still has a higher sales market, than here in the US of course. I've been considering the theory that real collectors may want the set, even though it's a novelty, but also because it's a novelty, and harder to come by since it was made for such a short time by marklin. Of course Lionel has their version, still selling, for the general market. So, this set may end up being put away by this grandma, for a dozen years until her grandsons are old enough to play with it. So many things to consider! Unsure
Offline txmommylady  
#16 Posted : 12 July 2014 22:20:15(UTC)
txmommylady

United States   
Originally Posted by: waorb Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alberto Pedrini Go to Quoted Post
The loco preserved

Wonderful shots!

From both versions... Woot

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Walter

Thank you for more helpful info!
Offline txmommylady  
#17 Posted : 12 July 2014 22:33:42(UTC)
txmommylady

United States   
Collector value will depend on two things:

How many of the sets are bought to play with. This is why mint and boxed old toys and trains are worth big money in some cases, the majority were bought and enjoyed which left few immaculate examples. How many Hogwarts Castles are run heavily and how many were bought, run once or twice, then stowed away in the attic.

What longevity the HP "brand" has. JK Rowling is doing her best to keep it going with "Pottermore" and recently posted a short story featuring an older Harry on there, I think there's another film in the works (not HP and friends, but in the same universe). Those kids who went to see the first film and bought the books when they were released are now young adults and starting their own families, if they pass the books on then...

The latter is crucial. The sets will start to go up in price due to the serious Marklin collectors (the gotta-catch-'em-all brigade), but the prices will go vertical if people who wanted the set as a kid (and can now afford one) start buying them. This is behind high prices of a lot of bigger items from long-established toy manufacturers, take a look at what the flagship Lego sets from the '80s are going for now.

Thank you for your thoughts. And absolutely! I wouldn't have even considered trying to sell this train if it weren't New In Box, though one box corner has a very small tear. When she bought it she was 25, and put it in her closet. I'm not sure - she may have set it up once, on the table, and ran it around the track, then put it back up, which I guess would downgrade it to "Mint In Box". But if she'd set it up even once, I'd remember if she had, unless she did it when I was at work or sleeping; I'll have to ask her. When she bought it she had visions of making a stand for a railway, but with college and work, never happened. Now that she's moving to go to another University, she decided to turn it loose. I'd figured, if I don't sell and decide to keep it, that my grandsons will be raised reading HP, and they'd think it was cool to have the train. If we weren't trying to de-clutter and move in a year or so, I probably would just put it up and not consider it at all.

EDIT: Was wrong - she actually took it out and ran it around the kitchen table on two occasions for 5-10 minutes each.

Edited by user 20 August 2014 01:04:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline txmommylady  
#18 Posted : 12 July 2014 22:44:04(UTC)
txmommylady

United States   
Originally Posted by: Dimi194 Go to Quoted Post

Don't want to be the big bad one here, but my experience with the Marklin Thomas and Percy (also Hornby remakes) has been that the key parts that fail (motor, which is one of those cheap cans ones, and the gear that connects the worm motor gear to the drive axle) are different from the Hornby version, and I know the gear is not made anymore as apparently 'the copyright expired' (one had to buy the entire wheel-set assembly argh).
So in terms of spares, I'd be careful... I just bought another Percy and Thomas in case one of mine fails!

As far as WHAT the mechanical items are to which you are referring, I'm totally at sea. Blink But the information you have is invaluable. If I keep the set, I will buy more of those things on EBay while they're still available: For this marklin model #29552, the motor, and either the (1)gear that connects the worm motor gear to the drive axle and/or (2)entire wheel-set assembly. Is that correct?
Offline txmommylady  
#19 Posted : 12 July 2014 22:49:46(UTC)
txmommylady

United States   
Originally Posted by: hvc Go to Quoted Post
I have the 29551 version, and also the pack with two extra carriages. I bought it about 7 years ago (used) on ebay, and from memory it was around $400.

It's not really collectible as a M* piece (what with the plastic Hornby loco and rolling stock), but my kids like it and so do I - its certainly fun.

It comes with a marklin mobile station (the old kind) and a cardboard castle backdrop and the loco runs well enough and has a nice whistle sound effect. We have gotten years of use out of it, and it has also survived being knock off the table by a cat Blink .

I don't think that it will ever be super-collectible but I expect that it will at least hold its value.

Herman

I appreciate the feedback! We have the same set (according to poster above 29552 is same as 29551 but electric for US). I thought it looked like a fun set too. I'm still a child at heart and would love to get it out and play with it but have resisted the temptation to do so since I have so many other things on my plate right now!
Offline Dimi194  
#20 Posted : 12 July 2014 23:14:25(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Originally Posted by: txmommylady Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dimi194 Go to Quoted Post

As far as WHAT the mechanical items are to which you are referring, I'm totally at sea. Blink But the information you have is invaluable. If I keep the set, I will buy more of those things on EBay while they're still available: For this marklin model #29552, the motor, and either the (1)gear that connects the worm motor gear to the drive axle and/or (2)entire wheel-set assembly. Is that correct?

You'll have to look in the manual for the exact part numbers, but the pieces you've mentioned are the ones I've found most likely to fail, so if you can get a hold of Marklin and ask about spares, I'd do so. BigGrin
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Offline Dangermouse  
#21 Posted : 22 July 2014 12:12:01(UTC)
Dangermouse

United Kingdom   
I believe the Hogwarts Castle motor uses plain gears like the older Marklin designs, rather than a worm and wheel?

Certainly the Dapol/Hornby version of the chassis did. Is the motor in HC something like the Marklin flat commutator motors?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dangermouse
Offline Munich 1860  
#22 Posted : 23 July 2014 12:18:54(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
Hello,

slightly off-topic and I have shown this here before, it's almost 10 years now ..... But I still hope you fancy this.

Here's a link to a Harry Potter layout, with a flying car that comes out in conjunction to the train. Had been shown in Märklin magazin back in 2004 or 2005.

Harry Potter layout

http://www.ige-hg.de/Bil...bilder_harry_potter.html

Many greetings,

Hans
I like M-track and my things that run on it were built between 1959 and 1972.
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Munich 1860
Offline Dangermouse  
#23 Posted : 23 July 2014 21:11:53(UTC)
Dangermouse

United Kingdom   
The car used in the films is a Ford Anglia, you'll need a 1:76 "OO" scale one to match the loco.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dangermouse
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#24 Posted : 23 July 2014 21:55:15(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Originally Posted by: Munich 1860 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Had been shown in Märklin magazin back in 2004 or 2005.

Hans

Yes Hans, pag.28 n°5/2004, only in the german edition of the magazine.
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline AJH4  
#25 Posted : 14 August 2014 05:37:24(UTC)
AJH4

United States   
The Lionel O Gauge set is still selling in the U.S. and Universal Studios Orlando just opened Diagonal Alley in one of the parks. If Marklin dusted off the plans and made a few more sets, if allowed to by license, it might sell pretty well. Never had much luck on eBay. A new set would be nice to have, not for collector value but because of the mobile station, extra track, and the Harry Potter factor. The connection to a book or a film bridges the interest to folks not usually into trains. Makes for an easier case to buy "another" train. The Polar Express keeps selling in the U.S. and Lionel and MTH always have at least one or two holiday and licensed sets each year. Would be a nice addition especially if they improved the quality of the engine. Lionel keeps selling it and people customize it to fix the sound since it is still a pretty basic starter set so there is still some interest in the Hogwarts Express.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by AJH4
Offline Dimi194  
#26 Posted : 14 August 2014 05:39:06(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Originally Posted by: AJH4 Go to Quoted Post
The Lionel O Gauge set is still selling in the U.S. and Universal Studios Orlando just opened Diagonal Alley in one of the parks. If Marklin dusted off the plans and made a few more sets, if allowed to by license, it might sell pretty well. Never had much luck on eBay. A new set would be nice to have, not for collector value but because of the mobile station, extra track, and the Harry Potter factor. The connection to a book or a film bridges the interest to folks not usually into trains. Makes for an easier case to buy "another" train. The Polar Express keeps selling in the U.S. and Lionel and MTH always have at least one or two holiday and licensed sets each year. Would be a nice addition especially if they improved the quality of the engine. Lionel keeps selling it and people customize it to fix the sound since it is still a pretty basic starter set so there is still some interest in the Hogwarts Express.

Well, I can certainly say I'd buy one... that's 2 sales guaranteed! Flapper
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Dimi194
User is suspended until 21/07/4752 11:48:10(UTC) Barguest  
#27 Posted : 17 August 2014 05:51:40(UTC)
Barguest

one set I see in travel

Harold Potter
Alias for Mulldog Lemmon
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Barguest
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#28 Posted : 17 August 2014 08:48:20(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Hard to find a coaches set brand new, but it is possible in a swedish shop (already done) BigGrin

coaches

Choose Language and currency in the homepage

Home

Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline txmommylady  
#29 Posted : 20 August 2014 00:59:03(UTC)
txmommylady

United States   
Originally Posted by: AJH4 Go to Quoted Post

I decided to go ahead and sell this set for $500. Model 29552. I don't know where else to sell it except on EBay, but will take another poster's suggestion and list it around Christmas. I asked my daughter; she took it out and ran it twice on the kitchen table for about 5-10 minutes each. Box has one small tear on one corner. What do you think?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by txmommylady
Offline RayF  
#30 Posted : 20 August 2014 08:47:53(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Try selling it here on the forum. I have bought many items in the past from forum members. It's generally a more pleasant process than ebay, and you're dealing with people you have known for a while in many cases.

If no one is interested you can always advertise it on ebay later.

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline europromo  
#31 Posted : 21 August 2021 20:31:00(UTC)
europromo

United States   
I just bought the extension set Märklin 41551: Ergänzungs-Wagen-Set "Harry Potter" 3 Personenwagen, and didn't like the distance between the cars. Changingo to short couplers helped a lot, and once the set with the loco arrives, I will post pictures & a YouTube video on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/...UCzEFYT2dS4W7Xjn6Gp--wkg