Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#1 Posted : 11 July 2014 17:52:33(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Hi good Marklin folk!
I am considering buying a Fleischmann AC loco (never EVER bought anything but Marklin Scared ), so this is all new to me: Its a SNCB class 64 (ex 116701), Fleischmann catalog number 396701. The blurb says it is AC, with a Motorola/Marklin format decoder. (Going for 115 odd Euro at Modellbahnshop-Lippe)
How would this loco be "loaded" on my MS2? I presume its not "Mfx"?......and it wouldn't be on the MS2 database..?? ...would this loco have a slider fitted ??
Anyone know if this would be a "good" buy?
...as always: MANY THANKS RollEyes
Joe
Offline Renato  
#2 Posted : 11 July 2014 19:22:31(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi Joe,

If you know the address of the locomotive, indicated on the instructions sheet, you can easily add this address on your MS2, therefore controlling the locomotive and the available functions.

Cheers

Renato
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Renato
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 12 July 2014 08:18:09(UTC)
H0

Hi, Joe,

The loco will have a slider. The MS2 will be able to recognize it automatically (at least it should). Default address is 3 for recent Fleischmann items (and for most locos neither from Fleischmann or Märklin).

I'd use the loco with DCC. Since it is not in the database, you will have to select function symbols manually. Can take a few seconds if there are 16 sound functions (a loco card can be used to save the settings), but at €115 this loco probably has no sound and you will probably need three symbols only (F0, F3, F4).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 12 July 2014 09:06:49(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Joe Meiring Go to Quoted Post
Hi good Marklin folk!
I am considering buying a Fleischmann AC loco (never EVER bought anything but Marklin Scared ), so this is all new to me: Its a SNCB class 64 (ex 116701), Fleischmann catalog number 396701. The blurb says it is AC, with a Motorola/Marklin format decoder. (Going for 115 odd Euro at Modellbahnshop-Lippe)
How would this loco be "loaded" on my MS2? I presume its not "Mfx"?......and it wouldn't be on the MS2 database..?? ...would this loco have a slider fitted ??
Anyone know if this would be a "good" buy?
...as always: MANY THANKS RollEyes
Joe

When you buy an new locomotiv with decoder,it has adress 3 as standard.
The question is if this decoder is an multiple decoder,which means it can read DCC and MM protocol.
Make sure yours MS2 stand in correct protocol to control decoder.
If yours MS2 only stand with mfx protocol,i suggest you change to DCC/MM protocol in yours MS2.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy