Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ALopes  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2011 14:20:36(UTC)
ALopes

Hi all,

I'm starting into operations now and I need to change the register numbers for a couple of wagons, does any one knows what is the font of the usual Märklin lettering? I've already tried all the fonts in the MS Office and none seems to be the exact same type.

Oh, by the way, any hints on how to print white letters to make own decals, will be very much appreciated...

Thanks to all.

Best,

Antonio
Offline kariosls37  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2011 22:08:51(UTC)
kariosls37

New Zealand   
I think the font you are after is called "DIN Mittelschrift", which you will have to find elsewhere. I don't think Word has it.
As for printing white lettering, You can either print the background colour on a piece of white decal paper, which can be really difficult as the background colours have to be an exact match. The other way to do it would be to get a ALPS printer, which can print white.

You may be able to get decal sheets off manufacturers like Weinert with the correct font.

Good luck
Rick
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kariosls37
Offline kbvrod  
#3 Posted : 22 November 2011 00:37:23(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi Antonio,all,
Originally Posted by: ALopes Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I'm starting into operations now and I need to change the register numbers for a couple of wagons, does any one knows what is the font of the usual Märklin lettering? I've already tried all the fonts in the MS Office and none seems to be the exact same type.

Oh, by the way, any hints on how to print white letters to make own decals, will be very much appreciated...

Thanks to all.Best,Antonio

Sorry,are you trying to renumber wagens?

Gassner

Or print your own?

Micro-Mark

Dr D
Offline ALopes  
#4 Posted : 22 November 2011 22:56:40(UTC)
ALopes

Originally Posted by: kariosls37 Go to Quoted Post
I think the font you are after is called "DIN Mittelschrift", which you will have to find elsewhere. I don't think Word has it.
As for printing white lettering, You can either print the background colour on a piece of white decal paper, which can be really difficult as the background colours have to be an exact match. The other way to do it would be to get a ALPS printer, which can print white.

You may be able to get decal sheets off manufacturers like Weinert with the correct font.

Good luck
Rick

Dear Rick,

Thanks a lot for your hints, I guess I'll try for the decals. I was just trying to do my own with special varnish film to create them.
Thanks again for quisk answer.

Best,

Antonio
Offline ALopes  
#5 Posted : 22 November 2011 23:01:34(UTC)
ALopes

Originally Posted by: kbvrod Go to Quoted Post
Hi Antonio,all,
Hi all,

Thanks to all.Best,Antonio

Sorry,are you trying to renumber wagens?

Gassner

Or print your own?

Micro-Mark

Dr D

I'm trying to renumber wagons because I have a few equal which have the same numbers and that will not do very well for operations.

Best,
Antonio
Offline Robert Davies  
#6 Posted : 23 June 2014 17:53:05(UTC)
Robert Davies

United Kingdom   
Just bumping this thread to say what a wonderful resource the Forum is.

I have just bought a job lot of 4 4663 Rs 680 bogie bolsters and these will join 3 I already have, so I got to thinking about applying individual numbers. I typed "Renumber" in the Search box and in no time at all I found this thread, got the answer to a long-standing question as to what is correct font to use, and started to learn about decal printing.

A bit of additional Googling also found this site which lets you download the Era II/Era III font for signs etc for free:

http://www.1001fonts.com/alte-d...-mittelschrift-font.html
Robert
Era III - IV
2 x Central Station 2 v.2 (60214 + 60215)
Hardware versions 3.6 / 4.33
Software version 4.2.1 (0)
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Robert Davies
Offline GlennM  
#7 Posted : 26 June 2014 16:33:10(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Robert Davies Go to Quoted Post
Just bumping this thread to say what a wonderful resource the Forum is.

I have just bought a job lot of 4 4663 Rs 680 bogie bolsters and these will join 3 I already have, so I got to thinking about applying individual numbers. I typed "Renumber" in the Search box and in no time at all I found this thread, got the answer to a long-standing question as to what is correct font to use, and started to learn about decal printing.

A bit of additional Googling also found this site which lets you download the Era II/Era III font for signs etc for free:

http://www.1001fonts.com/alte-d...-mittelschrift-font.html

Robert,

Just a thought are you planning to attend Nigel's Marklin Club UK Open Day in August?

Always good to meet other Marklin enthusiasts

Best Regards

Glenn
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline hgk  
#8 Posted : 06 July 2014 04:52:40(UTC)
hgk

Hi Antonio,
If you click on 'custom decal companies' here you will see some links that use ALPS printers and can print with white ink.
http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/decals.htm
-George
Edit: I just looked at the information there regarding the alps printer resolution and it doesn't look to good unless maybe it's doing pure white without dithering.

Hi all,

Thanks to all.

Best,

Antonio