Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Dimi194  
#51 Posted : 22 April 2014 12:37:10(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lollo Go to Quoted Post
It would be helpful to see a picture of your decoder where the wires terminate on the decoder, as I have seen some decoders re-wired incorrectly.
Yes, good idea.
It seems the yellow wire goes where the orange wire should be (this would mean the head light is wired correctly).
It seems the violet wire goes where a brown/green wire should be (this would mean F2 controls the smoke generator).

The decoder is a 6090x type and F4 should control acceleration and braking delay.

Long distance diagnosis are difficult, but if the decoder shows some weird behaviour with F4 on and other weird behaviour with F4 off then maybe there's something wrong with the decoder.

F4 should have no effect on problems caused by incorrect wiring.

Unfortunately, I feel like that might be the issue, which is unfortunate, as without a box it is going to be a menace to send to my 'local' dealer (who is 3 hours away).
Again, I thank you both for your help!
Here is the image I took of the decoder again... maybe it helps, maybe not...
Dimi194 attached the following image(s):
P1020759.JPG
P1020755.JPG
P1020761.JPG
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
Offline Dimi194  
#52 Posted : 11 January 2015 10:33:52(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Hi all! Reviving this thread as the loco has returned from the dealer and I've finally had a chance to run it (with my first smoke generator... ThumpUp Woot )
However when using either of my MS2s, the lights still flicker on/off when the setting is set to 'off' but stay on when set to 'on'... but only once I've selected the loco after powering on the controller!
However it works fine on my old MS1s and the Dealer's CS1!!
I checked all the functions-the lights are under F0, but I'm unsure of why they would act like that in the 'off' setting (which doesn't worry me much as I run my locos with the lights on, but it does looks a little funny when sitting in sidings etc).
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Offline RayF  
#53 Posted : 11 January 2015 10:41:26(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: Dimi194 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all! Reviving this thread as the loco has returned from the dealer and I've finally had a chance to run it (with my first smoke generator... ThumpUp Woot )
However when using either of my MS2s, the lights still flicker on/off when the setting is set to 'off' but stay on when set to 'on'... but only once I've selected the loco after powering on the controller!
I checked all the functions-the lights are under F0, but I'm unsure of why they would act like that in the 'off' setting (which doesn't worry me much as I run my locos with the lights on, but it does looks a little funny when sitting in sidings etc).
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hi Dimi,

I've had similar before on locos that have both MM and DCC protocols, occuring after the loco address has been changed. There are two ways to fix the flickering light problem, either disable DCC on the controller or the decoder, or make sure that you set the loco address to the same value in both DCC and MM.

The MS1 and CS1 dont show this problem because they don't send DCC commands to the decoder.

Having said all that I don't know how this can happen on a loco with a C90 decoder, if we are still talking about that loco?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Dimi194  
#54 Posted : 11 January 2015 12:39:17(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dimi194 Go to Quoted Post
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hi Dimi,

I've had similar before on locos that have both MM and DCC protocols, occuring after the loco address has been changed. There are two ways to fix the flickering light problem, either disable DCC on the controller or the decoder, or make sure that you set the loco address to the same value in both DCC and MM.

The MS1 and CS1 dont show this problem because they don't send DCC commands to the decoder.

Having said all that I don't know how this can happen on a loco with a C90 decoder, if we are still talking about that loco?

Ah I see! I tried switching to just MM, but it had no affect... yes, the loco still has the old C90 in it!

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dimi194