Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

22 Pages«<19202122>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Vardex  
#1001 Posted : 19 September 2012 23:38:56(UTC)
Vardex

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Eric,

I had heard they like banana's. Smile

Hi

No, they like cheese. LOL

UserPostedImage
(klick)

bart

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Vardex
Offline nevw  
#1002 Posted : 20 September 2012 00:04:27(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Eric,

Great looking Loco. ThumpUp

I still don't have a Krok in my collection, I had heard they like banana's. Smile

Ian.

Ian, once you start you are on a slipery slope.

Owner of 4.

NN (Junior Crock Owner)
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nevw
Offline john black  
#1003 Posted : 02 October 2012 15:02:54(UTC)
john black

United States   
Originally Posted by: Alberto Pedrini Go to Quoted Post

The Spanish gator, AC sound metal body

Thanks for information, my friend ThumpUp

Interesting lil' beast - her styling reminds me a bit of that Swiss double monster ... Laugh
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by john black
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#1004 Posted : 03 October 2012 17:09:32(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Spanish gator delivered, but his body is made in plastic, sorry, someone in the hornby site have translated in italian chassis in "carrozzeria" instead of "telaio". Crying
Some pics in his page:

Renfe 7200

croco

Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline Osterthun  
#1005 Posted : 15 January 2013 14:35:48(UTC)
Osterthun

Netherlands   
Quote:
I am a brand new H0 Marklin user.. .I look forward to more inspiring photos like these!!!...

Be my guest at: German Altbau Eloks.
Scroll down to Class E 94/194 (or type: ctrl+F+39221) and see most of Märklins released German crocs.

Frits Osterthun

UserPostedImage

thanks 10 users liked this useful post by Osterthun
Offline foumaro  
#1006 Posted : 15 January 2013 18:17:32(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
Perfect locos,perfect collection,perfect photos.Thank you very much.
Offline DumbGuy  
#1007 Posted : 21 April 2014 12:59:39(UTC)
DumbGuy

United States   
Not many posts here lately. I’ll try to resurrect the topic.

After some years wanting a couple of smaller Crocs, I finally acquired two a few months ago – a KWStE EG-2 “Mini-Croc” (37481), and an SNCF BB 1200 “Flat Iron” (37330). Both made in the early 2000s, so just basic FX digital with Can motors & no sound functions. Nicely detailed metal bodies, especially the EG-2. Smooth & quiet on track with great pulling power.

Photos attached show the two together, followed by each with a few cars attached. The EG-2 is pulling 3 Nuremberg-Grafenberg coaches (43019 set) and a “Papier Fabrik” box car & truck (1996 Museum). The BB 1200 is pulling 3 long collapsible-stake flat cars (my favorite 4663s from the 1970s-80s) and 2 depressed-center well cars (4617s) of similar vintage – all old classic relex-coupled heavy metal. Their loads came from stained backyard tree debris & my local Ace Hardware’s plumbing shelves.

Neither consist is perfectly prototypical, but they’re fine for Eras II and III, respectively. I’d love to see alternate consists from other members with similar Loks. And now all I need is a nice E 94/194!

Regards -- Richard

DumbGuy attached the following image(s):
Crocs_EG-2 & BB-1200.JPG
Crocs_EG-2 w-Nurembegs & Papier.JPG
Crocs_BB-1200 w-Stake & Well Cars.JPG
Long-time analog user, collector & tinkerer.
Discovered digital & began conversion a few years ago.
C-Track, CS2 Carpetbahn built, taken-down, rebuilt, etc.
Username reflects how much I still have to learn.
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by DumbGuy
Offline kimballthurlow  
#1008 Posted : 21 April 2014 22:23:48(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Richard,
3 photos to go with your theme.

BB12061 was delivered to SNCF in 1958, so I assembled a set of SNCF cars. This is Marklin 37335.
Incidently, Hornby Acho released the same loco 12061 in 1960.

http://www.qldrail.net/altkloster/37335sncftrain-4-800.jpg

My Marklin 3748 in the blue livery it was supposed to wear after 1949 as #7021 , by directive of the Railroad Administration.
Nobody can say for sure if it was ever really painted this colour.

http://www.qldrail.net/altkloster/e70_21freight.jpg

And one of Marklins 37225 set, running light engine.
This is to whet you appetite for an E94.
Why not get Marklins E93 offered this year? It looks almost the same.

http://www.qldrail.net/altkloster/37225e94.jpg

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 10 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline DumbGuy  
#1009 Posted : 23 April 2014 18:40:16(UTC)
DumbGuy

United States   
Kimball,

Thanks for your responses and photos -- very fine. My follow-on is a matter of indecision on the last loco I’ll try to buy this year. Background = My current collection has a decent number of steam locos (Eras II-III) and diesels & electrics (Era III-IV).

Until a few months ago, I had no crocs. My 3-Loco wish-list at that time was for an EG 2, a Flat Iron, and an E 94/194. The first two wishes are now satisfied, but I’m vacillating on the third. Reason = I’d like an electric loco that can plausibly bridge Eras II & III for both passenger and freight service. After reflecting a bit, an E 94/194 or an E 93 doesn’t work well for passenger service.

So . . . . . . one Loco that could meet that dual service criteria appears to be an E 44/144 like Marklin’s 37440 or -42. While it’s not a croc, the short hood on each end of an E 44 gives it at least a slightly similar appearance.

Since I’m very far from expert, I’d love to hear other suggestions for the third loco to put on my list -- and/or corrections to my assumptions. I’d still prefer a croc, but other than the Flat Iron, the EG 2 / E 70, and perhaps some Swiss equipment, I’m not aware of any that were even occasionally used in passenger service.

Thanks & regards -- Richard
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by DumbGuy
Offline RayF  
#1010 Posted : 23 April 2014 20:46:50(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Richard, I think the E44 is a great idea. As you say, it's not really a croc, but it's in the same style nonetheless.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline kimballthurlow  
#1011 Posted : 23 April 2014 20:57:46(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: DumbGuy Go to Quoted Post
Kimball,

...... After reflecting a bit, an E 94/194 or an E 93 doesn’t work well for passenger service.

So . . . . . . one Loco that could meet that dual service criteria appears to be an E 44/144 like Marklin’s 37440 or -42. .......
Since I’m very far from expert, I’d love to hear other suggestions for the third loco to put on my list -- and/or corrections to my assumptions. .......
Thanks & regards -- Richard

Hi Richard,

While I concur with yours and Ray's liking for the 37440 (of which I have one), I could say that an E17 might fit the bill rather well, if not better.

The E17 was released as an Insider model in the last 2 years, and is a bit of a beast. I don't have one myself.
This loco was used in both passenger and freight from the 1930s well into the late 60s, and was famously used for many years hauling the Orient Express into and out of Munich prior to WWII.
It was used more on local passenger service after the fifties.
Perhaps not so much in freight service, but then why not.

The reason I mention the E17, is that it is a true transition loco, and I find I rarely run 37440, it just seems to be one of those plain-Jane locos that does not beg for attention.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#1012 Posted : 24 April 2014 00:04:25(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The E94 has been known to pull a passenger train every now and then......
Bigdaddynz attached the following image(s):
E94-279.jpg
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#1013 Posted : 24 April 2014 00:19:57(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
The E94 has been known to pull a passenger train every now and then......

Yes, I confirm:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42...72157623981822198/page2/
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline DumbGuy  
#1014 Posted : 24 April 2014 03:07:25(UTC)
DumbGuy

United States   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post

While I concur with yours and Ray's liking for the 37440 (of which I have one), I could say that an E17 might fit the bill rather well, if not better.

The E17 was released as an Insider model in the last 2 years, and is a bit of a beast. I don't have one myself.
This loco was used in both passenger and freight from the 1930s well into the late 60s, and was famously used for many years hauling the Orient Express into and out of Munich prior to WWII.
It was used more on local passenger service after the fifties.
Perhaps not so much in freight service, but then why not.

The reason I mention the E17, is that it is a true transition loco, and I find I rarely run 37440, it just seems to be one of those plain-Jane locos that does not beg for attention.

regards
Kimball

Kimball,

Your suggestion of an E 17 is excellent! Coincidentally, the primary passenger service I would use it (or an E 44) to head would be a rake of 1950s-vintage 346/3J & /2J CIWL Orient Express coaches. I usually head them with a BR 184 as shown in the attached photo. That's semi-OK, but the coaches are rare and in near-mint condition. They deserve a better locomotive to pull them.

Conclusion = For now I'll keep both the E 44 and the E 17 (37061) on my wish & watch list. While either should work, I'll give a higher preference to the latter beast. Thanks for your suggestion. My Carpetbahn is now ready to begin disassembly & storage, and I won't start on a permanent layout until later this year, so plenty of time to look.

Regards -- Richard

OT -- While not essential, my 346 series CIWL coaches could use a matching baggage car -- difficult to find. I sometimes use an inexpensive Lima 9301 for that purpose, but it's of much lower quality & attractiveness. I've occasionally seen a more suitable similar-vintage Primex 4186 for sale, but have always had another buyer nab it from me. Still patiently looking.

Edited by user 03 May 2014 16:25:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Orient Express 346-3Js & 2J w-BR 184.JPG
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by DumbGuy
Offline kimballthurlow  
#1015 Posted : 24 April 2014 10:23:14(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   

Kimball,

Your suggestion of an E 17 is excellent! Coincidentally, the primary passenger service I would use it (or an E 44) to head would be a rake of 1950s-vintage 346/3J & /2J CIWL Orient Express coaches. I usually head them with a BR 184 as shown in the attached photo. That's semi-OK, but the coaches are rare and in near-mint condition. They deserve a better locomotive to pull them.

OT -- While not essential, my 346 series CIWL coaches could use a matching baggage car -- difficult to find. .... a more suitable similar-vintage Primex 4186 ... Still patiently looking.

Hi Richard,
How similar we think.
Like yourself, I have matching 346 series coaches, and run them on my layout.
I did get a 4186 baggage car, and the blue coach from the 2170 set.
These cars are distinct from the normal run-of-the mill derivatives of the famous 4037 Marklin car.
They are exquisitely painted. So I would definitely persist with the wait.

I run my 346 cars with my E94, or occasionally a 4-6-2 03 streamliner.

Take a look at http://www.qldrail.net/altkloster/marklinoe3.htm

regards
Kimball
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline DumbGuy  
#1016 Posted : 24 April 2014 15:00:27(UTC)
DumbGuy

United States   

How similar we think.
Like yourself, I have matching 346 series coaches, and run them on my layout.
. . . . . . I run my 346 cars with my E94, or occasionally a 4-6-2 03 streamliner.

Kimball,

Great minds . . . . . etc.

My 346s are now sitting carefully tissue-wrapped in their Red Diamond boxes idly waiting for a better baggage car and a new locomotive. I was aware of the Orient Express site you referenced, but thanks for the reminder.

As a couple of asides, some of the prototype coaches have been preserved. I believe they still run today for special excursions. Also . . . . search YouTube for “Train-departed”. You’ll find a wonderful 2 minute clip from the original 1970s Murder on the Orient Express movie that shows the train leaving Istanbul pulled by a steamer similar to a BR 18.4. Great music, super sound, and no CGI!

All of this is waaaay Off-Topic, but I just couldn’t resist. Done and ‘nuff said.

Regards -- Richard
Proto_Orient Express = 346-3J.jpg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DumbGuy
Offline Deborail  
#1017 Posted : 24 April 2014 16:51:20(UTC)
Deborail

United Arab Emirates   
I am thinking of purchasing the trix OBB gator....Any ideas?
I have two more gators, a brown swiss one and a smaller baby gator green one (the E70)...
George

Given enough time, tasks manage themselves.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#1018 Posted : 24 April 2014 23:58:37(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi George,
If you like the idea of an OBB gator, and can afford it, why not?

That was the same as a German E94, correct?

regards
Kimball

Offline DumbGuy  
#1019 Posted : 25 April 2014 13:21:56(UTC)
DumbGuy

United States   

I run my 346 cars with my E94, or occasionally a 4-6-2 03 streamliner.

Take a look at http://www.qldrail.net/altkloster/marklinoe3.htm

Kimball – I looked again more closely at your site last night. It’s an exceptional MRR resource & history. I apologize for not recognizing your authorship earlier. My compliments -- Richard
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DumbGuy
Offline RayF  
#1020 Posted : 25 April 2014 14:09:28(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: Deborail Go to Quoted Post
I am thinking of purchasing the trix OBB gator....Any ideas?
I have two more gators, a brown swiss one and a smaller baby gator green one (the E70)...

Go for it, George!

There are many opinions about how we should choose the locos we buy. Personally, if something catches my eye I buy it!
Ray
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#1021 Posted : 27 April 2014 15:40:56(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Gator fever Love
got in 2007

Al&Croco
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 19 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline DumbGuy  
#1022 Posted : 03 May 2014 19:42:04(UTC)
DumbGuy

United States   
Until a few months ago, I had no crocs. My 3-Loco wish-list at that time was for an EG 2, a Flat Iron, and an E 94/194. The first two wishes are now satisfied, but I’m vacillating on the third. Reason = I’d like an electric loco that can plausibly bridge Eras II & III for both passenger and freight service. After reflecting a bit, an E 94/194 or an E 93 doesn’t work well for passenger service.

Well, I changed my mind and acquired an E 94 (rather than an E 17) for my third crocodile. It’s a 39221 Era II version with a C-Sine motor made in 2000/01. Reasons are many, but primarily from another review of Kimball’s excellent site, and Bigdaddy’s photo in Post #1012. I also like the fine performance of those old C-Sine motors.

As a summary, the photos attached show the 3 locos together, followed by each pulling an “appropriate” consist which all undoubtedly violate a few prototype-laws. FWIW, the E 94 pulling my old Orient Express 346-series coaches (4th photo) includes the lower quality Lima baggage car that I use now to front them. For an alternate prototype comparison, the last two photos show, respectively, the E 94 with a short rake of Thunderbox coaches, and a cropped version of Bigdaddy’s real-life photo. Thanks.

The only feature of the 39221 E 94 that bothers me a bit is the Nazi-era Eagle logo on its side. I’m not sure yet if I’ll try to fix that. I’m always reluctant to alter Marklin’s OEM cosmetics – too high a possibility messing up.

Anyway . . . . . this has finished my happy acquisitions for the year. I delayed disassembling my Carpetbahn until I could track & test-run the E 94. But it’s now way past time to take it apart, and begin planning for a permanent layout late this year.

Thanks again & Regards – Richard

P.S. Hmmmm . . . . . a long & beastly Swiss Ce 6/8 would nicely round out my collection. But that’s for much later. Crocodile-Fever is indeed catching!
Crocs_EG 2, E 94, BB 1200.JPG
Crocs_BB 1200 w-Grocery & Beer.JPG
Crocs_EG 2 w-Thunderbox Rake.JPG
Crocs_E 94 w-Orient Express.JPG
Crocs_E 94 w-Thunderbox Rake.JPG
Crocs_E 94 w-Thunderbox Real.jpg
thanks 15 users liked this useful post by DumbGuy
Offline RayF  
#1023 Posted : 04 May 2014 13:05:33(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Three very nice locos!
Ray
Offline steventrain  
#1024 Posted : 04 May 2014 13:16:53(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent, Richard.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#1025 Posted : 06 July 2014 19:44:35(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
King Croco V° 37568

UserPostedImage

Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 14 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline steventrain  
#1026 Posted : 07 July 2014 21:58:52(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
King Croco V° 37568

UserPostedImage

Very nice, Still on backorder.

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#1027 Posted : 07 July 2014 22:04:08(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Insider 37870 E93.

UserPostedImage

E93 met old E94 (39223)

UserPostedImage

thanks 11 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#1028 Posted : 29 July 2014 11:12:54(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
3022 front left - 39223 middle - 37225 back - 37870 front right.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#1029 Posted : 29 July 2014 11:14:39(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline PJMärklin  
#1030 Posted : 29 July 2014 13:43:32(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
King Croco V° 37568

UserPostedImage

Hello Alberto,

Lovely image !!

I do like the scenery also.

Regards,

PJ
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#1031 Posted : 29 July 2014 14:36:05(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
About the King 37568, there is something wrong in this model about the ladder, please look at the 37566 , that is the correct version, only two ladder, one for side of the cab in accord with the original Be 6/8 II. The 37568 have the doors correctly closed without handrails but have four ladders.
I'm going to modify the model, following the suggestion of our Swiss expert Michele Sambonet.
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline Vardex  
#1032 Posted : 18 August 2014 17:14:23(UTC)
Vardex

Netherlands   
Hi

Long time no see BigGrin

Two more from me.

ÖBB 1020.47 (ex 3022)

UserPostedImage

And a Milka Crocodile Blink (ex 3352)

UserPostedImage

Bart
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Vardex
Offline steventrain  
#1033 Posted : 18 August 2014 17:52:43(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Nice pair Bart.Smile
Offline waorb  
#1034 Posted : 18 August 2014 22:13:44(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Yummy Croc! Drool

Cheers,

Walter
Offline Armando  
#1035 Posted : 21 September 2014 07:00:32(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hi Steven,

Congratulations on your most impressive collection!

Question: Did your 37870 (E 93, 2014 Insider Model) come with an Insider's certificate? I have just received mine, and there was no certificate in the box.

Thank you and best regards,
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline H0  
#1036 Posted : 21 September 2014 09:54:38(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post
Question: Did your 37870 (E 93, 2014 Insider Model) come with an Insider's certificate?
They no longer put the certificates into the boxes.
They went back to the old modus operandi and certificates will be mailed at the end of the year.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Melbourne marklin  
#1037 Posted : 18 January 2019 01:15:20(UTC)
Melbourne marklin

Australia   
Hi all just got my first crocs and they are awesome! The Settal croc and the shunting croc make a good pair don’t you think? This was a major purchase that I had been looking forward to for some time! 33BE97E3-508B-462A-ADCC-15AB27947E58.jpegD1E0AC8E-A34A-4419-9ADA-AD2CF790C96C.jpeg

Edited by user 18 January 2019 07:16:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A newbie to this hobby, All Marklin HO, Swiss only, across all eras, largeish 5m x 4m layout in planning, small table top training table in operation.
thanks 14 users liked this useful post by Melbourne marklin
Offline river6109  
#1038 Posted : 08 March 2019 09:35:06(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Steve the pictures are not visible
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline river6109  
#1039 Posted : 08 March 2019 09:39:08(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Steve, can't see the pictures

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Offline Brakeman  
#1040 Posted : 10 November 2019 07:45:21(UTC)
Brakeman

United States   
I couldn’t resist when my friend had for sale a old unused Marklin 3300 set. That’s the combo of Swiss Be 6/8 and German 194. I’ve seen those around sometimes but never paid that much attention. Anyway, the set changed ownership and started studying what I got at home. To my surprise it is a special set of excursion train locos from Göppingen to Geislinger Steige from Marklin Days back in 1984.
Just this fall I had a chance to join Marklin Days and took a train up the Geislinger Steige with steam power. They had also both crocodiles, but different units, at station for cab rides.
What a co-incidence. Here is the cab view from E94 088, notice the mascot on the dashboard.

B68C53FF-B9A0-4753-9703-9B096142F07B.jpeg

Keep on shunting
Juha

thanks 15 users liked this useful post by Brakeman
Offline SBB nutcase  
#1041 Posted : 02 December 2019 05:11:36(UTC)
SBB nutcase

United States   
I fell in love with them at age 10 and at 44 I love them even more.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by SBB nutcase
Offline Peluo  
#1042 Posted : 25 December 2019 22:17:46(UTC)
Peluo

Venezuela   
Hello, merry Christmas to all. Does anybody know the factory “3015” style croc 🐊 factory replica model numbers? I am looking to buy a 3015 style croc but I would like to use it on a digital layout? Basically a 3015 digital conversion or better yet a factory reissue 3015 in digital form.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#1043 Posted : 26 December 2019 19:56:32(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Peluo Go to Quoted Post
Hello, merry Christmas to all. Does anybody know the factory “3015” style croc 🐊 factory replica model numbers? I am looking to buy a 3015 style croc but I would like to use it on a digital layout? Basically a 3015 digital conversion or better yet a factory reissue 3015 in digital form.

If you want a 3015 style then look for a 36159 which is the 30159 with a digital decoder, albeit a 6080 style one I believe.

Offline mbarreto  
#1044 Posted : 26 December 2019 22:42:42(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

The 31100 set also has a green croc like the last version of the 3015, except it has a digital mfx decoder and the "ends" are not red.
I have it and in my opinion it works better (smoother) at slow speeds driven by an analog transformer than by a digital controller.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline vilithejou  
#1045 Posted : 26 December 2019 23:20:06(UTC)
vilithejou

Originally Posted by: Peluo Go to Quoted Post

Also 31859/31860
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
Offline mario54i  
#1046 Posted : 27 December 2019 13:08:22(UTC)
mario54i

Italy   
What about three Crocodiles ?

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by mario54i
Offline Toosmall  
#1047 Posted : 09 August 2021 09:39:25(UTC)
Toosmall

Australia   
I know this is the HO thread, but four in Z scale. Hopefully that's ok.

_MG_73640800.jpg

_MG_7364crop.jpg
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Toosmall
Offline JohnjeanB  
#1048 Posted : 09 August 2021 21:08:08(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
I don't have all the beauties you have but only these

a 3015 (1958)
3015 Kroko.jpg

a 3352 (1984)
3352 Ce 6-8.jpg

a 39223 E 94 with a sinus motor (2004)
39223 BR E 94.jpg

and a strange Bavarian crocodile E70 3748 (1994)
3748 BR E 70.jpg

and last is a traction of 2 3015 in full operation from Gaggenau exhibition in Germany to be seen 55 s into the movie

Cheers
Jean
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#1049 Posted : 03 February 2022 09:08:55(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Finally the Aussie crocodile has been given birth, as usual I've done a page for the model

Here the link: Austrian Croco

Croco
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline river6109  
#1050 Posted : 03 February 2022 13:03:44(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
My collection of Crocs from Switzerland, Germany, Austria & France.

thanks 8 users liked this useful post by river6109