Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Paul59  
#1 Posted : 25 March 2014 12:36:56(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
Hi all.

The new update for ECOS (version 4.0) is now available - however due to the large number of changes they have released it as a public beta version.

Now, normally I would give it a go on the theory that I could always go back to version 3.7 if it causes problems.
This can't be done though since there is also a new rescue package as part of it which repartitions the internal storage of the ECOS so,once updated, you can't go back.

I suspect that, due to this, any debugs will come through pretty quick since ESU would be inundated with angry customers otherwise but I'm still unsure about giving it a go until the proper release comes out.

There is an English translation of the description on the English forum of the ESU site.

Anyone brave enough to try it?

Paul
Marklin HO using M track. Now reverted to analogue as I find it has more character - and I understand it!
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 25 March 2014 17:22:41(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Paul59 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all.

The new update for ECOS (version 4.0) is now available - however due to the large number of changes they have released it as a public beta version.

Now, normally I would give it a go on the theory that I could always go back to version 3.7 if it causes problems.
This can't be done though since there is also a new rescue package as part of it which repartitions the internal storage of the ECOS so,once updated, you can't go back.

I suspect that, due to this, any debugs will come through pretty quick since ESU would be inundated with angry customers otherwise but I'm still unsure about giving it a go until the proper release comes out.

There is an English translation of the description on the English forum of the ESU site.

Anyone brave enough to try it?

Paul

I´m member of ESU homepage forum.
There is information about latest upgrade,which you can read about it.
Why don´t you do it same by register yours membership at ESU homepage...?

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Paul59  
#3 Posted : 25 March 2014 17:56:31(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
I am registered on the ESU forum. That's how I knew about the update!
Just thought I'd mention it here and see if anyone is going to give it a go or wait a while first.

Marklin HO using M track. Now reverted to analogue as I find it has more character - and I understand it!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 25 March 2014 20:49:28(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I've got a CS1R and an Ecos, I might try upgrading one of them.
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 25 March 2014 23:47:25(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I will wait until official release.
N
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 26 March 2014 01:14:50(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I've got a CS1R and an Ecos, I might try upgrading one of them.

Interesting hat there is now separate updates for the CS1R and the Ecos 50000.
Offline Paul59  
#7 Posted : 26 March 2014 11:26:05(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
Yes, I think I'll hang on too for the moment.
It's the not being able to return to the previous version that concerns me - I don't mind trying things provided there's a way out if it all goes wrong.

Paul
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 27 March 2014 12:27:18(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I have just upgraded my Ecos which went very well. I immediately noticed that Shutdown time at 2 seconds is very fast, and bootup at 50 seconds seems much faster than before and also faster than the CS2.

The upgrade is a 2 stage process - you have to install the recovery software first, then when that is complete, install the actual v4.0 software.

Also, remember to clear your browser cache before installing the recovery software, and then again after installing the recovery software and before installing the v4.0 update.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline biedmatt  
#9 Posted : 27 March 2014 13:04:44(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
David,
Where did you find the 4.0 download?
I have gone to the english forum. Found and read the post with the english translation of the instructions. Followed the link to the german text page with ECoS downloads, but only see versions 3.7.0 and below.
Thanks!

http://www.esu.eu/forum/...ecos_firmware_400_rc1-2/
http://www.esu.eu/download/software/ecos-firmware/
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline Paul59  
#10 Posted : 27 March 2014 16:10:58(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
Yes, it's not where the usual files would be - it's on the German public beta page…

Go to the ESU site and log on first then this link should take you to the correct page.

http://www.esu.eu/produk...os-public-beta-firmware/

The download package unzips to give the two files.

Paul
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Paul59
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#11 Posted : 27 March 2014 20:41:26(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Attached is a mht file (unzip with winzip first then open with a web browser) which has the download link and some instructions on how to perform the update.

As mentioned it is important to clear your browser cache after installing the recovery software, otherwise you will not see the changed Ecos web interface which allows you to perform the v4.0 update proper.
File Attachment(s):
ESU Ecos Firmware v4.0.0 Update.zip (112kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline biedmatt  
#12 Posted : 27 March 2014 23:30:24(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
That was all very easy. The only thing I found was closing and opening my browser still did not let me connect to the ECoS after installing the rescue software. I had to delete the bookmark I had for it and re-write the IP address into my browser URL line. Then it connected and I created a new bookmark for it.
Matt
Era 3
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#13 Posted : 28 March 2014 01:02:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Yeah, I had that problem. I had to actually clear the browser cache before I could connect to the ECoS after installing the rescue software (because the browser caches the old version of the Ecos web page) - that's why I mentioned this in my previous posts.
Offline biedmatt  
#14 Posted : 28 March 2014 13:12:37(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Now I am looking forward to "all the new features" the revised operating system will support.

I don't need MFX+. I figure the real railroads know how much fuel their lokos will need to get from point A to point B. So the thought of driving around my layout waiting to see if I can remember to stop for fuel doesn't seem all that real to me. I do not want to play trains, I want to run timetables and move passengers and freight to that time table like the real railroads.
Matt
Era 3
Offline Lollo  
#15 Posted : 29 March 2014 10:11:40(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi all,

Successfully loaded the new CSR V4. Very easy to do. Great to have control from additional devices. Have only tried the PC connection, but will try a windows smart phone tomorrow, as it does not specify it has to be an Andriod device.

Just installed JMRI Decoder pro on my laptop. This looks great, gives you throttles & lots more, and connectes to ESU EcOS, CS1 reloaded, and even Marklin CS2. Using Ethernet connection with static IP. For CS1R chose command station as ESU EcOS.
You can import all your locos easily, and have multiple throttles.
Here's the link to the JMRI home page. JMRI Home page
Link for supported hardware. Supported harware
Link for decoder pro. Decoder Pro
Link for Panel Pro. Panel Pro
Link for Web server, for Android or Windows smart phone. Web server

Cheers,

Brian.
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Lollo
Offline Lollo  
#16 Posted : 07 April 2014 10:34:53(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi all,

Have tested a Nokia 520 Windows phone with the Web throttle and found it unstable. I think it is the browser on the phone at fault.
Got the best result downloading & intstalling JMRI Engine Driver Wi throttle for Android. I used a Samsung Pocket Neo, Android Version 4.1.2
You have to have Web throttle server & Wi Throttle sever running on JMRI Decoder Pro.
Once I figured out some initial connection issues, it worked really well. You will get the best benifit from having a larger diplay such as a Samsung Galaxy or Tablet (or similar Android device), as a small screen does not allow you to display more than one throttle properly. You can have two throttles, but access to the functions not able to access as hidden, and does not scroll to show function of two throttles.
My pocket Neo has about 3" screen, so OK for one throttle, so use a Android device with a decent sized screen.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Lollo
Offline Lollo  
#17 Posted : 14 April 2014 10:01:48(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi all,

I have just tested an Android VNC client App called bVNC viewer (free). This connects via a wireless router to the CS1-R V4.0, and gives you the same panel as displayed on the CS1, and as a PC connected directly using a Web browser.
Although my phone has a small screen, I managed with the tip of my finger to control every function and menu items.
So on a bigger phone/tablet, this will be great. In fact is now my prefered wireless connection, as you don't need any other software as you do with the JMRI Apps for Android. (needed JMRI decoder pro running, Web server & Wi Throttle Server running)

So if you don't have an Apple I-phone, I-Pod or I-Pad, but have an Android device, this is the way to go.
Here is the down load link for your Android device. bVNC Viewer

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Lollo
Offline biedmatt  
#18 Posted : 14 April 2014 11:11:10(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
I bought a VNC app for my iPad and following the setup info in the thread at ESU's forum, I quite easily got it connected. The screen appears to be a nice size that provides easy operation yet is not to large.
Matt
Era 3
Offline Lollo  
#19 Posted : 14 April 2014 11:41:26(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
I bought a VNC app for my iPad and following the setup info in the thread at ESU's forum, I quite easily got it connected. The screen appears to be a nice size that provides easy operation yet is not to large.

Hi Matt,

I had read that some users were using the VNC App on I-phone etc. Have you used Touchcab or Main Station Apps?
It will be interesting to get some feed back from users on the pro's and cons of various throttle App options.
At least with the VNC app for android, it gives you a good option that is easy to set up & use.

I just found on google, there is a Android App called Remote CS2, Remote CS2
Appears to be developed for the CS2 only. Not an official Marklin product, but developed by a guy as a lesuire project.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Offline biedmatt  
#20 Posted : 14 April 2014 12:25:38(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Hi Brian,
I do have TouchCab. I had some trouble with the throttle, but I have since been instructed on how to operate the throttle. See post 34 here: https://www.marklin-user...one-iPod.aspx#post266805

For my "old style way" of doing things though, the tactile operation of the throttle ESU will be releasing this year looks like the bees knees.
Matt
Era 3
Offline Lollo  
#21 Posted : 14 April 2014 13:03:47(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
Hi Brian,
I do have TouchCab. I had some trouble with the throttle, but I have since been instructed on how to operate the throttle. See post 34 here: https://www.marklin-user...one-iPod.aspx#post266805

For my "old style way" of doing things though, the tactile operation of the throttle ESU will be releasing this year looks like the bees knees.

Hi Matt,

A couple of guys in our club tried the TouchCab App, with the CS1, and seemed to work quite well.
The ESU Mobile control II is around 265 Euro, so not cheap, but is specifically designed for model train control.

Appears can be used with other Command Stations, as long as they can connect to wifi.
This is from the ESU FAQ on the device.
Q. Can I use the Mobile Control II also with other types of command stations?24.02.2014
A. In principle the Mobile Control II is as an open platform basically open for operation with other digital command stations. One requirement is, of course, that these command station have a WLAN interface. Furthermore additional software (apps) by others has to be installed on the Mobile Control II. ESU invites all software developers to adapt their apps for the Mobile Control II. The apps provided by ESU currently only support the ESU command stations.

Considering you can buy a Android tablet for as little as $70 NZD and install a free App, I know which one I will choose.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#22 Posted : 14 April 2014 13:21:17(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Lollo Go to Quoted Post
I just found on google, there is a Android App called Remote CS2.......

Discussed here:

https://www.marklin-user...mote-CS2.aspx#post403178

https://www.marklin-user...-station.aspx#post401198
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline biedmatt  
#23 Posted : 14 April 2014 13:32:29(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Maybe I'll stay with the VNC app on the iPad.
That rotary knob sure looks nice though.I wonder what is ESUs break even sales quantity.
Matt
Era 3
Offline xxup  
#24 Posted : 19 April 2014 07:38:20(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Version 4 is now out of BETA testing and all three versions are now available for download. Blushing
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Lollo  
#25 Posted : 19 April 2014 08:50:08(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the heads up. Just downloading now. Will be interesting to see changes from Beta version.
I also have just ordered a 7" Android tablet to use as a wireless throttle using a VNC App.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Offline Lollo  
#26 Posted : 19 April 2014 22:22:34(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi all,

Just read on the ESU forum that there are no major changes with the V4.0.0 public release compared the the V4.0.0 RC1 version (Beta)
If your happy with the beta version, no need to upgrade to pubplic release.

Hello forum members,
after the good experience with the "Public Beta" version of the ECoS firmware 4.0.0, we have decided to release the official version 4.0.0 with no changes to the "RC1".
, you can download the software now officially download . Note that as of version 4.0.0, please three will be separate download packages for the respective centers.
If you have version 4.0.0 RC1 already on your ECoS, you do not necessarily play the release version.
The exact procedure for the uploading the 4.0.0 firmware, see the Tips & Tricks section of the homepage. Please read this page carefully before you make to the installation of the software 4.0.0. Plan this time a little more time for the update (on a good forty-five minutes everything should be done) and make sure that version 3.7.0 is on the device before you start the update.
We wish you much pleasure with 4.0 .0. Look forward with us on this successful software and surprise yourself with what useful functions we your ECoS will still upgrade this year!

Without great changes. should go now The PluX22 LP4 and a specific version of the LS4. We have also fixed the thing with the turnout control symbol and certain computer programs. A few things of which we are still noticed, have not changed.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Lollo
Offline biedmatt  
#27 Posted : 19 April 2014 22:55:56(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Thanks Brian. I was wondering if it was any different, particularly since the extensions to V4 were the same as the Beta version.
Matt
Era 3
Offline Marius in Africa  
#28 Posted : 20 April 2014 16:59:07(UTC)
Marius in Africa

South Africa   
Hi guys

I downloaded the new ECoS software (4.0.0) onto my laptop and then went through the normal update process. Only difference I started with the rescue software, as instructed in the release note. Now ECoS is stuck in RESCUE mode. I use a crossover type RJ45 cable.

The ECoS does not connect to the laptop even when I use the rescue IP address.

Help! Crying
Marius in Africa

HO, ECoS 2, Märklin C-track, any country, any design, any era & any brand which i like.
Offline H0  
#29 Posted : 20 April 2014 18:17:27(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Marius in Africa Go to Quoted Post
The ECoS does not connect to the laptop even when I use the rescue IP address.
Maybe you have to change the IP address of your PC to work with the rescue IP.
Please give us current IP of ECoS and PC and the network mask used on the PC.

Upgrade worked flawless for me.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline biedmatt  
#30 Posted : 20 April 2014 18:26:25(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Probably a cache issue in your browser. I had the same trouble after I installed the rescue software. I first got around it by opening a different web browser, one I had never connected to the ECoS with before. I ultimately cleared it by clearing the cache. You also for some reason need to re-write the IP address in your browser URL line. Although it is the same, I couldn't connect until I erased the bookmark and rewrote the address.

It sounds like you got a handshake with it, so apparently you are using a cross connected CAT5 cable.
Matt
Era 3
Offline pa-pauls  
#31 Posted : 20 April 2014 20:00:49(UTC)
pa-pauls

Hi guys

Now ECoS is stuck in RESCUE mode.

Help! Crying

Hello Marius,

My CS-1 did also got stuck in RESCUE mode, it was like this for about 30 min, but then I closed my browser (Internet Explorer)
I opened it again, went and deleted all the temporarely files in the browser and then typed in the IP adress of the CS-1 in the
adress line (URL line at the top) and it found the CS-1 and I could choose Firmware update and send the other file to the CS-1.
After 1 or 2 min. the CS-1 then rebooted and everything was good. Now I have Software V 4.0,,,
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline H0  
#32 Posted : 20 April 2014 22:06:56(UTC)
H0

The readme file recommends clearing the browser cache after installing the rescue upgrade and before installing the main upgrade.

I didn't do that. I used Firefox to upload the file and after the rescue package was installed (which took a few minutes only), I simply reduced the address shown by Firefox to just the IP address (removed folder and file name) and pressed Enter.
Firefox loaded the rescue UI that allowed me to upload the main upgrade.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#33 Posted : 20 April 2014 23:54:55(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
You definitely need to refresh your browser's cache (see my previous posts in #8, #11 and #13) otherwise your browser will cache the old management web page rather than the new Recovery UI web page. I can't re-iterate this strongly enough!

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Firefox loaded the rescue UI that allowed me to upload the main upgrade.

It didn't for me, until I cleared and refreshed the cache.
Offline Marius in Africa  
#34 Posted : 21 April 2014 06:25:43(UTC)
Marius in Africa

South Africa   
Hi guys

Thank you for all the responses.

Clearing the browser cache did not do the trick. What did work was to change the IP4 address of my laptop, as per suggestion from Tom (HO). My ECoS is working again.

The difference in start up and shut down time is very noticeable with version 4.0.0.

Software version 3.7.0 - start up time - 1 minute 22 seconds, shut down time - 12 seconds
Software version 4.0.0 - start up time - 30 seconds, shut down time - 6 seconds

Regards
Marius in Africa

HO, ECoS 2, Märklin C-track, any country, any design, any era & any brand which i like.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Marius in Africa
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#35 Posted : 21 April 2014 07:11:53(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I didn't have to change the IP address of any device during the upgrade, but my Ecos does have a static address, maybe that is why.
Offline H0  
#36 Posted : 21 April 2014 08:35:20(UTC)
H0

Clearing the browser cache did not do the trick. What did work was to change the IP4 address of my laptop
When starting in Rescue mode, the ECoS shows the IP address it is using. If this is not the IP address it should have, then the IP of the laptop has to be changed to get contact again.
This should not normally happen - but it did happen at least once.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#37 Posted : 21 April 2014 08:59:16(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
You definitely need to refresh your browser's cache (see my previous posts in #8, #11 and #13) otherwise your browser will cache the old management web page rather than the new Recovery UI web page. I can't re-iterate this strongly enough!
As I wrote before: I didn't clear the cache, but still it worked for me.
The Readme file advises to clear the cache and it cannot harm to do it.
No need to clear the cache if a different browser is used for the second part of the setup.

Clearing the cache is definitely recommended by ESU and you cannot blame ESU if you don't clear the cache (but it may work without clearing the cache).
Beginners should clear the cache.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline diesel  
#38 Posted : 22 April 2014 02:49:16(UTC)
diesel

Australia   
Hi Brian Re bVNC Viewer,

I have downloaded this app to my samsung note 2 but have no idea how to get it to set it up to work with the Ecos V4.0.0.

I only downloaded the Basic VNC.

Hopefully its simple.

Regards

Diesel
Ecos 50200, Software 4.1.2 Marklin HO K track, EcosBoost, Traincontroller Gold V9.0,B2, All track power via EcosBoost Separate programing siding. Decoders- Lokpilot V2,Lokpilotv3, Lok V4, LoksoundV4, Loksound V5, Marklin MFX and Marklin Fx. Internet Exlporer 11.0, Win 7
Offline Lollo  
#39 Posted : 22 April 2014 08:00:51(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: diesel Go to Quoted Post
Hi Brian Re bVNC Viewer,

I have downloaded this app to my samsung note 2 but have no idea how to get it to set it up to work with the Ecos V4.0.0.

I only downloaded the Basic VNC.

Hopefully its simple.

Regards

Diesel

Hi Diesel,

This is the VNC viewer I installed on my Android phone. It was easy to setup. I had tried others, but they were more difficult to setup.
bVNC Viewer

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Offline diesel  
#40 Posted : 22 April 2014 10:35:32(UTC)
diesel

Australia   
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply.

When you say it was easy to set up what did you enter into the New connection page for the VNC server?

Cheers

Diesel
Ecos 50200, Software 4.1.2 Marklin HO K track, EcosBoost, Traincontroller Gold V9.0,B2, All track power via EcosBoost Separate programing siding. Decoders- Lokpilot V2,Lokpilotv3, Lok V4, LoksoundV4, Loksound V5, Marklin MFX and Marklin Fx. Internet Exlporer 11.0, Win 7
Offline Lollo  
#41 Posted : 22 April 2014 11:55:54(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply.

When you say it was easy to set up what did you enter into the New connection page for the VNC server?

Cheers

Diesel

Hi Diesel,

1. Make new connection & select connection type-Basic.
2. Name the connection, Eg: CS1-R or what ever you like.
3. VNC connection settings = IP address of EcOS or CS1 & leave port at 5900
4. You do not need to use user name & password fields (leave blank)
5. Then press Connect. Should now connect to CS.

Tip. To check you wireless connection to the CS, you should be able to open a web browser on your Android device or I-phone and connect with the CS web page. I use a static IP on the CS.
I bought a cheap wireless router 54Mbs for $10.00 on an auction site, this is connected to the CS-1.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Offline diesel  
#42 Posted : 22 April 2014 13:27:55(UTC)
diesel

Australia   
Hi Brian,

thanks again for the quick reply and great instructions.

The VNC server was what tricked me, I realized this soon after my last reply and all is well now.BigGrin

Only one other question how do you exit from VNC once connected - the only way I could do it was shut the Ecos down and then a message came up saying connection lost on the note 2- clicked Ok and back to normal screen.

I will experiment to find an easier way.

Cheers

Diesel

Offline Lollo  
#43 Posted : 22 April 2014 13:50:53(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi Brian,

thanks again for the quick reply and great instructions.

The VNC server was what tricked me, I realized this soon after my last reply and all is well now.BigGrin

Only one other question how do you exit from VNC once connected - the only way I could do it was shut the Ecos down and then a message came up saying connection lost on the note 2- clicked Ok and back to normal screen.

I will experiment to find an easier way.

Cheers

Diesel

Hi Diesel,

When connected, to disconnect, select your device menu button and should bring up a menu for the VNC client, and give an option to disconnect.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian