Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#201 Posted : 06 January 2014 09:36:43(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
MHI is for everybody to get,while Insider models is for member of the Insider club.
Wrong. There are MHI articles for everybody and there are MHI items for club members.
Not all MHI articles are meant to be bought by Outsiders (but eBay teaches us that theory is grey - Outsiders can also buy Insider MHI models).

MHI=Märklin Händler Initiative
Insider=Members of club

If you shall get an insider model,you must have an coupon and that means members of a club.
With MHI models,you don´t need coupon to get models.
MHI and Insider is not the same.
So back to the topic:
3 pole motor works,but i prefer better motor.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline H0  
#202 Posted : 06 January 2014 10:17:50(UTC)
H0

Right. All Insider models are also MHI models, but not the other way around.

The official reading is that the MHI orders the Insider models for club members only.

MHI models are marked with the stylized "m" symbol in the product database. Insider models also have this symbol as they are MHI items.

And everybody knows that you can buy Insider models on eBay or from almost any brick'n'mortar dealer without the order form.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#203 Posted : 06 January 2014 11:52:20(UTC)
Goofy

Right. All Insider models are also MHI models, but not the other way around.

The official reading is that the MHI orders the Insider models for club members only.

MHI models are marked with the stylized "m" symbol in the product database. Insider models also have this symbol as they are MHI items.

And everybody knows that you can buy Insider models on eBay or from almost any brick'n'mortar dealer without the order form.

Which makes disappointment against Marklin!
Okey i did understand about MHI and insider.
Now go back to the topic about 3 pole motor.

H0
Offline NZMarklinist  
#204 Posted : 07 January 2014 03:44:33(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
I would be very interested in knowing which Märklin part numbers are for higher quality can motors and what there is inside? 3 or 5 pole armature and if it's skewed or not. Also in which Märklin models these possibly better quality can motors are used by comparing motors part numbers. In my opinion it would be a better choice from Märklin to use some different can motor types to be able to use cheaper (not neccessarily bad ones) in their cheaper models and high quality can motors in their high end premium models.

How could we find this information? Maybe from some Märklin spare part pictures for their locomotives. Is there one for the newer BR 45 for example?

Cheers,
Janne

Janne, All,

I have just had a look at the Maerklin spare parts data base;

http://www.maerklin.com/...search/spare_parts.html#

to compare the 37450 Klass 45 and the 37455 and as always for a can type motor it just shows a can, in this case, attached to a gearbox. The motor for the 37450, presumably a Faulhaber Motor, is available for 120eu. The Motor for 37455, "an elcheapo motor" is also 120eu but is showing not available Glare

As I have both, I should do a direct comparison, but suffice to say the 37450 exhibits a bit of run on after the throtle is closed from a low speed where the 37455 doesn't but a wouldn't say it stops very suddenly as a "cogey" sort of motor would do. Cool

Edit; "The motor for the 37450, presumably a Faulhaber Motor"

Correction : having read the 2010 thread of Dave B it is a "Maxon" Motor

Dave B so how did your repair turn out ?
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline H0  
#205 Posted : 18 April 2014 17:38:44(UTC)
H0

There's a thread on Stummi's Forum showing a disassembled motor from a new V 100 (#37000):
http://stummiforum.de/vi...pic.php?f=2&t=108895

A close look shows that the brushes have been mounted the wrong way (turned 90°). This leads to a very small contact area between brush and collector.

This could explain reports about largely varying motor characteristics of the new motors.
Some users reported that the motors run better after several hours of running-in. This also fits incorrectly mounted brushes.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline TimR  
#206 Posted : 18 April 2014 18:33:34(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
There's a thread on Stummi's Forum showing a disassembled motor from a new V 100 (#37000):
http://stummiforum.de/vi...pic.php?f=2&t=108895

A close look shows that the brushes have been mounted the wrong way (turned 90°). This leads to a very small contact area between brush and collector.

This could explain reports about largely varying motor characteristics of the new motors.
Some users reported that the motors run better after several hours of running-in. This also fits incorrectly mounted brushes.

This highlighted the fact that Marklin did choose a non-reputable third-party supplier for their "new" 3-poler, which can't guarantee the quality of assembly of such simple motors.

Suppliers from one particular country, I was told, was widely renown for producing top quality products in the first few batches of delivery;
only to have the quality markedly grew worse in subsequent batch orders.

Most likely Marklin had fallen into the same trap.

To make it even worse, it seems that COST is Marklin's top priority in choosing the straight-wound 3-poler motor (instead of better skew-wound design).
Yes, they deliberately decided to go for the best value el-cheapos that they can get.
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline RayF  
#207 Posted : 18 April 2014 20:13:23(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Here we go again!

I believe that Marklin is certainly trying to produce trains to a price, rather than to a standard. I don't disagree with this, as I don't have an unlimited budget. Sometimes this means choosing components which are not the best but represent good value for the customer.

Don't worry, I'll say no more. Smile
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by RayF
User is suspended until 23/03/4752 12:54:35(UTC) Mulldog Lemon  
#208 Posted : 18 April 2014 22:27:22(UTC)
Mulldog Lemon

Australia   
I don't have much knowledge on the technical aspects of motors, so I appreciate the ongoing discussion as I'm learning more about it.

A visit to the 'show us your loco' topic might be a good starting place to see the impact of Marklin's current policy on what motors should be supplied.
There isn't much movement there and yes, I acknowledge that the first quarter of the 2014 year has just ended and maybe things will change.
Maybe.
UserPostedImage
Offline Hoffmann  
#209 Posted : 18 April 2014 23:00:10(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   
Hi all,

Here is my Nickels worth regarding the Motor shown at Stummis. As for Quality it is far better then the old standard Marklin Motor 3 Pole/ 5 Pole for the following reasons:

A: Better Brushplate B: Better Bearings C: Better Mounting of the permanent Magnets D: Flywheel.

As for the wrong mounting of the Brushes I am not so sure if this is so. Have a look you will notice that the Brushes are off centre if you turn them they will not meet the armature dead centre.

How many of you had to fix the Brushplate on the old Motor and how often did you have to oil the Motor because of Noise and worn out Bearings.

As Tom mentioned in other posts if the Decoder is matched to the Motor these new 3 Pole Motors will run any Locomotive well.

If Marklin decides in the Future to sell this Motor for the Price of the old Brushplate I am sure every one would be happy.

Martin https://abload.de/image.php?img=img_5208vokdj.jpg
marklin-eh
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Hoffmann
Offline biedmatt  
#210 Posted : 19 April 2014 01:30:42(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
If the folks who assemble these motors are this indifferent to getting the brushes right, then they would be better off using brushes without an arc machined into them. Then the brush would make contact across the entire comutator and not just two spots, causing the high wear points. The copper on the com is extremely soft and easily damaged.

The com lathe I use on slotcar motors. Even with a diamond cutter, removing more than one thousandth of an inch at one pass would destroy the com.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline H0  
#211 Posted : 19 April 2014 09:14:55(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Hoffmann Go to Quoted Post
Here is my Nickels worth regarding the Motor shown at Stummis. As for Quality it is far better then the old standard Marklin Motor 3 Pole/ 5 Pole for the following reasons:

A: Better Brushplate B: Better Bearings C: Better Mounting of the permanent Magnets D: Flywheel.
Some look at the new motor parts and see high quality, others look at it and see a simple brush plate with simple bearings.
The new motor comes in different configurations (0, 1, or 2 flywheels). There are other motor types, too.

The old c90 came without flywheel, but the huge rotator gave it a lot momentum.

Having the choice between the old c90 motor and the new three-pole motor, I continue to buy the old c90 motor.
It's noisy, it's maintenance friendly but also requires a lot maintenance.
Freedom of choice is a good thing.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#212 Posted : 19 April 2014 10:31:10(UTC)
Goofy

When Märklin did verifeid Nohab with the new motor in 5 pole,i did noticed that Märklin did not said what kind of productname too.
But sound decoder is still same like in all other locomotivs model.
So what´s difference with 3 and 5 pole,when it´s decoder that is most problem...!?
Of course...we need also status about motor condition.
Has anyone got problem so far with the 3 pole motor??
H0
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
User is suspended until 23/03/4752 12:54:35(UTC) Mulldog Lemon  
#213 Posted : 19 April 2014 12:27:02(UTC)
Mulldog Lemon

Australia   
When Märklin did verifeid Nohab with the new motor in 5 pole,i did noticed that Märklin did not said what kind of productname too.
But sound decoder is still same like in all other locomotivs model.
So what´s difference with 3 and 5 pole,when it´s decoder that is most problem...!?
Of course...we need also status about motor condition.
Has anyone got problem so far with the 3 pole motor??

If I have, I won't know about it soon. Huh

I think what we've worked out from all this, or at least what I've worked out, is this:

a) It isn't the three-pole motor in isolation that's the problem. It's the three-pole motor combined with the current decoder that is problem.
b) The 'high efficiency propulsion' in this form would be acceptable if the issues with the decoder were fixed. Acceptable in Marklin's regular, stock locos that is.
c) Premium and "Special Editions" deserve a higher-specification motor/decoder to justify the increased price AND the perception that the model is really a cut above the rest.

This is the point I was trying to make with the 37048. Everyone tells me the K is an all-time classic and represents something special in Marklin's evolution.
So, shouldn't this model have a superior propulsion system that separates it from the rest? Something to be proud of?

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Mulldog Lemon
Offline intruder  
#214 Posted : 19 April 2014 15:44:55(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Short question:

Can someone tell me the what a a "can-motor" and a motor with "bell-shaped armature" looks like?

Is this a can-motor?
Märklin 3605 motor
Best regards Svein, Norway
grumpy old sod
Offline kbvrod  
#215 Posted : 19 April 2014 15:53:26(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi Svein,all,
Simple answer:a can motor is inclosed(i.e. in a can),and a bell shaped is,......shaped like a bell!BigGrin

Dr D
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kbvrod
Offline H0  
#216 Posted : 19 April 2014 18:13:09(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: intruder Go to Quoted Post
Can someone tell me the what a a "can-motor" and a motor with "bell-shaped armature" looks like?
A motor with bell-shaped armature is a coreless motor. See also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/..._or_coreless_rotor_motor

The can motor was already explained by Dr D. A motor in a can, no user-serviceable parts inside. Throw away and replace when brushes are worn.

Coreless motors also have to be thrown away when brushes are worn (unless you are a DIY magician). But coreless motors typically have metal brushes and last much longer than standard can motors with coal brushes.

Another motor type is the brushless DC motor. The C Sinus motors are brushless DC motors.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Hoffmann  
#217 Posted : 19 April 2014 18:14:20(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   
Hello Svein,

The Motor in your Picture is a Can Motor. Here a few Pictures of Bell shaped Armatures.
http://www.google.ca/img...amp;start=91&ndsp=34

Martin
marklin-eh
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Hoffmann
Offline Webmaster  
#218 Posted : 19 April 2014 21:33:34(UTC)
Webmaster

It is a standard flat can motor, used for DC model trains for ages - as well as slotcars and other things that move with DC....

These are commonplace either as standard 3-pole, 5-pole or skewed 5-pole as introduced by Roco many years ago...
Same sized casing but with different "guts" is the principle here...

Maybe if you look at this you get the idea...
https://www.micromark.com/flat-can-motor,8270.html
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#219 Posted : 19 April 2014 22:26:14(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   

The Problem of the Märklin Decoders is, that they doesn't work well with 3-pole Motors, but they work very good with 5-pole Motors. Therefore, I expect very good drive behaviour with the 5-pole DC motor, much better than with the cheap China 3-pole.

Edited by user 20 April 2014 23:09:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline jeehring  
#220 Posted : 20 April 2014 15:49:09(UTC)
jeehring

YES
don't forget 37918 or 37959 still have the Athlonix can motor offering very good running characteristics, those Athlonix are supposed to be 5 poles motors*** . BR 03.10 and P 10 are still available...

BTW : who had a real check about it , do you remember ?.....with references listed on the engine may be a valiant contributor could check with the manufacturer (anyway, we must say that these loks run very smooth...)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jeehring
Offline Goofy  
#221 Posted : 01 May 2014 13:33:00(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Moritz-BR365 Go to Quoted Post

The Problem of the Märklin Decoders is, that they doesn't work well with 3-pole Motors, but they work very good with 5-pole Motors. Therefore, I expect very good drive behaviour with the 5-pole DC motor, much better than with the cheap China 3-pole.

But if you have ESU decoder,they works much better than Märklins decoder by use with 3 pole motor.

H0
Offline jvuye  
#222 Posted : 01 May 2014 14:35:31(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   

But if you have ESU decoder,they works much better than Märklins decoder by use with 3 pole motor.

You are sooo right Goofy!
Having repaired/replaced/restored the motor of many older locos with so-called can-motors, I can safely say that even a 3 pole motor with a decent flywheel effect (like e.g. the old Fleischmann motors) and a properly tuned ESU or Zimo decoder will do marvels.

Even super cheap old motors (like the open frame 3 pole used in old 1970's Jouef locos!!) perform well.

Proof is what I have done with a Jouef 241 P steamer and a ESU Lokpilot V4.0, visible in the video below.

I also have extremely silky and powerful 1980's locos from e.g. Kato, with plastic gears and all....with lots of miles and no trouble. I remember we were frawning at the "Japanese Toys" design...but they are still going strong on their original motors today (and you know my loks are never "shelf queens"!)

The Bühler can motor used in the 3125 Red Arrow and the likes was not bad...but the whole concept was extremely **noisy**, so people were tempted to over lubricate the thing, including the motor bearings, which often brought oil to the commutator, carbon residue build up and ultimately destruction of the motor.

So from my point of view, it is more a question of taking the time to fine tune the whole drive system to obtain good results, regardless of the type of motor used than the simple choice between 3 or 5 poles or whatever!

To be honest with Märklin, I have bought about a dozen Märklin loks in the last couple of years and haven't noticed any problem, to the contrary!

Of course one person sample doesn't make for good statistics

Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline Janne75  
#223 Posted : 01 May 2014 15:27:11(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post
YES
don't forget 37918 or 37959 still have the Athlonix can motor offering very good running characteristics, those Athlonix are supposed to be 5 poles motors*** . BR 03.10 and P 10 are still available...

BTW : who had a real check about it , do you remember ?.....with references listed on the engine may be a valiant contributor could check with the manufacturer (anyway, we must say that these loks run very smooth...)

As this 37918 is the newer version of the BR 03.10 I assume the Insider model 37915 BR 03.10 has this very same motor as these models are almost the same. Only different front wheels 37918 with spokes and 37915 with disc wheels. Different road number and that's it. 37915 was offered in 2010 and this newer 37918 in 2013. I agree, the 37915 has also very smooth running charasteristics. The motor has a flywheel and is long and thin looking like kind of small normal AA size battery.

Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline jvuye  
#224 Posted : 01 May 2014 15:48:52(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post
YES

Yes I remember posting pics of the inner-life Borsig P10
Check here
https://www.marklin-user...-edition.aspx#post386891
Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline AshleyH  
#225 Posted : 02 May 2014 12:24:31(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
Jacques,

In your earlier post of the Athlonix motor, you stated that you know the new Croc has two of these fitted.

Has anyone with a new Croc checked what motors are fitted?

I'd like a Croc but not with cheap 3 poles, mind you I guess this years new green croc will be 3 pole.....

It's the 3 pole motor/marklin decoder combination that is putting me off the new SJ Dm 3 unit electric loco.
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#226 Posted : 02 May 2014 13:53:41(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Originally Posted by: AshleyH Go to Quoted Post

I'd like a Croc but not with cheap 3 poles, mind you I guess this years new green croc will be 3 pole.....

The new Croco double package with two motors is equipped with the cheap china 3-pole motor. But, because of two motors, it should worl well and has a very high traction power.

But of course, I won't pay so much money for a model equipped with such simple motor technology.

Offline jeehring  
#227 Posted : 02 May 2014 16:31:53(UTC)
jeehring

Originally Posted by: AshleyH Go to Quoted Post
Jacques,

In your earlier post of the Athlonix motor, you stated that you know the new Croc has two of these fitted.

It's the 3 pole motor/marklin decoder combination that is putting me off the new SJ Dm 3 unit electric loco.

It's a pity , believe me !
Cause I've seen the model : it's a pretty nice model & for once (at least among other type of models produced this year) it shows a nice finish of the paint (and details..).
I agree, this beautiful model doesn't desserve such a basic motorization...However the fact that it has 2 motors probably slightly improve it...
I'm dreaming about the same model with 2 SDS motors like the SBB AE 8/14.....RollEyes ....or any new kind of well regulated brushless motors, what a nice thing it would been !
Offline Goofy  
#228 Posted : 09 May 2014 19:38:51(UTC)
Goofy

I did found 3 pole motor to Dm3,that cost about €13.00 in Sweden.
How much do you pay for 3 pole motor?
H0
Offline H0  
#229 Posted : 09 May 2014 20:00:00(UTC)
H0

But, because of two motors, it should worl well and has a very high traction power.
Why should two cheap motors, controlled by one decoder, work better than one motor controlled by one decoder?

Load regulation may be impaired if two motors are connected in parallel or in series to the same decoder output.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#230 Posted : 09 May 2014 20:06:52(UTC)
Goofy

But, because of two motors, it should worl well and has a very high traction power.
Why should two cheap motors, controlled by one decoder, work better than one motor controlled by one decoder?

Load regulation may be impaired if two motors are connected in parallel or in series to the same decoder output.

Correct!
I did saw video in youtube with Trix switzerland crocodile that wheels did not run symmetrical together(sometimes wheels did locked)!!
H0
Offline Hackcell  
#231 Posted : 10 May 2014 00:21:40(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
I have a question related this motors topic:

If I want to replace 2 old motors with aftermarket, non-Märklin, better motors; what would be the best choice and where can I find these? Checking the 2014 catalog the 5 pole motors are shown like a rerun, so I guess once they run out of inventory, there will be no more.

I'm asking because if I'm going to upgrade my 3000 and a 3082 to be fully digital (with an ESU decoder) I want to make sure I'll put my money on a good choice and not being worried about reading that 3 pole motors are not so good and the ones which seem to be really good won't be available anymore soon.

Thanks!
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline RayF  
#232 Posted : 10 May 2014 00:37:06(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Danilo,

I think you have a certain amount of confusion going on about the motors in Marklin locos. Classic locos like your 3000 and 3082 always came with 3 pole AC motors. They can be upgraded with the 60941/60943/60944 motor kits to 5 pole DC motors to which you can then add either a Marklin, or ESU (or any other) decoder to convert to digital. These motor kits are not being discontinued as far as I know.

The 3 pole motors being discussed in these threads are new DC motors in can form, totally unlike the old classic Marklin AC motors.

The superior motors which are no longer available are the C-Sine motors, and also some 5 pole can motors which were fitted in high spec locos.

There are, at this time, no aftermarket motors which are a direct replacement for Marklin motors. They may come in the future, but so far there is only speculation on this.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline H0  
#233 Posted : 10 May 2014 07:52:58(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Hackcell Go to Quoted Post
Checking the 2014 catalog the 5 pole motors are shown like a rerun, so I guess once they run out of inventory, there will be no more.
To reduce confusion it can never harm to mention the ref. numbers of articles you ask about.

The 60760 conversion kits are one-time series. Those "one-time series" are usually announced in the Fall or Summer New Items - and there have been a few of those "one-time series" so far.
It's motor 60941 plus highly cost-optimized decoder. 60941 is not a one-time series.

Your post is, as Ray already mentioned, completely off topic, as this thread is about the new "maintenance free" three pole motors that Märklin introduced for premium models in 2011 (for Hobby models they introduced that type of motor in 2004).
Performance of these motors depends strongly on the decoder. Since they also use their new, impotent mfx decoders also for the Hobby locos (Traxx, Ludmilla) there are also complaints about the performance of these Hobby locos.

While there are complaints about the performance of those new locos, not everybody who owns them notices performance problems.
So if you're happy with the performance of all your Märklin locos just continue to buy Märklin locos.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Hackcell  
#234 Posted : 10 May 2014 08:33:25(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Originally Posted by: Hackcell Go to Quoted Post
Checking the 2014 catalog the 5 pole motors are shown like a rerun, so I guess once they run out of inventory, there will be no more.
To reduce confusion it can never harm to mention the ref. numbers of articles you ask about.

The 60760 conversion kits are one-time series. Those "one-time series" are usually announced in the Fall or Summer New Items - and there have been a few of those "one-time series" so far.
It's motor 60941 plus highly cost-optimized decoder. 60941 is not a one-time series.

Your post is, as Ray already mentioned, completely off topic, as this thread is about the new "maintenance free" three pole motors that Märklin introduced for premium models in 2011 (for Hobby models they introduced that type of motor in 2004).
Performance of these motors depends strongly on the decoder. Since they also use their new, impotent mfx decoders also for the Hobby locos (Traxx, Ludmilla) there are also complaints about the performance of these Hobby locos.

While there are complaints about the performance of those new locos, not everybody who owns them notices performance problems.
So if you're happy with the performance of all your Märklin locos just continue to buy Märklin locos.

Hi,

Thanks for the rerun thingo clarification :-) And regarding my opinion about M please don't get me wrong. So far I'm very happy with Märklin. The only complain I have is the lack of recent american based locomotives. My only concern by the moment I post was if I'm going to spend money upgrading two locos I want to aim for a better investment than buying something that (by that moment I thought) it wouldn't be the best choice.
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!