Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline I_love_Marklin_37538  
#1 Posted : 14 May 2013 13:44:36(UTC)
I_love_Marklin_37538

It seems Roco/Fleischmann are still making the IC Wagons,Interregio and Nachtzug wagons,does anyone here think Marklin should bring them back or remake?
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2013 13:51:53(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
They still have the interregio coaches in the "My world" selection. It would be nice if they also added the IC types.

In the main category, with longer lengths, they seem to be offering sets more than individual coaches.

Marklin has been a bit "sparse" with their selection of coaches in recent years. If they have the toolings they should produce as many types as they can every year. I'm sure they would be welcome, even if the quantity produced were restricted.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 14 May 2013 14:18:50(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
In the main category, with longer lengths, they seem to be offering sets more than individual coaches.
Well, but only for eras III and IV.
Where are new longer length coaches to go with all those BR 101 and BR 120 locos they offer?
This may require new toolings, but if they want to establish the new longer length, they should also be present in eras V and VI.

Right, recently they offered several sets of coaches with interior lights (similar to coaches they made without lights a few years earlier, e.g. Rheingold '62 or blue F train).
Next would then be a Popwagen set with interior lights ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline GlennM  
#4 Posted : 14 May 2013 14:33:18(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   

I would agree with Ray, that in recent years Marklin's coach offerings have been disappointing, and this is also reflected in a couple of other recent threads discussing coaches and coach sets. I for one like to see variety and the wider the selection of coaches available means that users have a greater selection to choose from, and so I would support the reintroduction or retooling of IC, Interregio and Nachtzug coaches. I would also like to see more coach types available (i.e. Hungarian, Italian, Czech coaches and sleeper and couchette cars), and perhaps a couple of interesting coach sets offering a collection of coaches mirroring a typical train at a given time in history.

Marklin did make the modern Orient Express set, which comprised a French First class coach, a MAV second class coach, Austrian first/second class coach and A DB first class coach (I will check these details and amend if incorrect). I would like to see more sets like this.

BR

Glenn
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 14 May 2013 19:56:57(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
@Glenn, the 42724 Orient Express set had Austrian 1st and 2nd class coaches, a SNCF B11 (fantasy) and a MAV Hungarian 2nd Class coach. The SNCF never had 2nd class Eurofima.
In my train, I have substituted a SBB Bcm couchette (Roco 45306) for the SNCF 2nd class coach and run the consist as the EN "Wiener Walzer"

You can still find the OBB Eurofima sets in red/black and red/grey. I was disappointed that Maerklin never made the FS Eurofimas in the original orange livery.
The SBB 43670 and 43671 can be combined with some of the OBB Eurofima coaches to reproduce the EC "Transalpin" with the famous SBB Panorama coach.
You can also mix the SBB Sets with one or two SNCB coaches for the "Iris" or "Vauban"
Roco has a number of other 1:100 coaches that you can use with Maerklin, as does Piko.

I would like to see Maerklin revisit some sleeper coaches, couchettes and other night trains, as they are beautiful and the most likely to run around the layout with lights.
There's the Hansa type, the MU, the T2/T2S and so many different couchettes. Maybe Maerklin could draw inspiration from LSM and make some detailed interiors with beds and ladders and windows with curtains, etc

Regards

Mike C
Offline I_love_Marklin_37538  
#6 Posted : 15 May 2013 10:15:29(UTC)
I_love_Marklin_37538

I'd like to ask about the LS Models Nachtzug coaches,do the wheels need to be changed to run on Marklin tracks and where can I buy them?
Offline christos563  
#7 Posted : 17 April 2014 10:52:13(UTC)
christos563

Greece   
Hi from thessaloniki, hellas.

I think that, even waggons that are 27 cm long, are wrong and have many mistakes.
As we know, the 1st class waggons have (or must have) 10 or 9 appartments. So only the "4285 and 4295" are correct, they have 9 appartments and a clasification type 61 80 19 90 001.

The 2nd class waggons built as Hobby program have two serious mistakes. 1) They don't have different sides. 2) They have 10 appartments, they should have twelve.
We feel a consolation if we think that "they thought about 2nd class before it became 1st class". If they asked and read the UIC rules adn appendices they would have been careful about the classification type, 51 80 20 70 566 and not 22 70 566.

The restaurants have wrong roofs.

hI, many greetings to all and have a nice Easter.

Christos563.
Offline RayF  
#8 Posted : 17 April 2014 14:13:31(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Christos,

Hobby wagons are meant to be comparitively cheap and so we can forgive errors so that they can offer a better range at economical prices.

Unfortunately they seem to have got stuck offering only the Interregio coaches in this range.
Ray
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 18 April 2014 08:35:03(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: christos563 Go to Quoted Post
I think that, even waggons that are 27 cm long, are wrong and have many mistakes.
These are no mistakes, we call it "Märklinisms" or compromises.

Many coaches with lengths of 240, 264, 270 or 275 mm would have a scale length of 303 or even 316 mm.
Often Märklin reduced the number of compartments while they reduced the length.

Five 240 mm coaches have about the same total length as four 303 mm length. Some prefer to have more coaches.

The 270 mm coaches were introduced by Märklin in 1972 AFAIK. Back then they were the long coaches, new and better.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline RayF  
#10 Posted : 18 April 2014 11:13:49(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I think 27cm is a good compromise for those of us with small Layouts. Many manufacturers, not just Märklin, made and continue to make coaches in this length, especially in their budget ranges.
Ray