Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline charles Sharpe  
#1 Posted : 26 March 2014 16:52:22(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello.

Ever since I have had the 2 CS connected I have had problem when booting up. It used to happen odd times now it is happening every time. I have 60215 as the master and the 60213 as the slave. the message that I am get on the 60213 is as follows. The synchronisation with the master will be interrupted after 4 transfer errors. Please can you help me.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 26 March 2014 22:02:38(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Hello Charles,

I declare that I can only setup this sort of configuration temporarily (using the clubs CS2) when testing, but have certainly encountered the message you describe

Purely thoughts until I can quantify...
- I believe it is reasonable to conclude that the Master must be available when a slave completes its boot and tries to find its master.
- It is also logical that a master, because it has to load more brains, may take a bit longer to complete a boot than a slave.
- Add to this the fact that shortly after power-up , a master will be receiving interupts a) from the track (mFX decoders) and b) the other slave devices (Boosters - MS's - 60128s etc) and c) CS1/iThingy's over the ethernet - as well as slave CS2's.

In order to quantify your experience, I would look to record all devices on the System Bus.
But first of all I would ask you to power the slave CS2 on after the Master (say 1 or 2 minutes) and report if the prevalence of the problem changes.
Then maybe test with the Ethernet unplugged to remove the contention from that quarter

One other configurable item is the setting for Booster refresh - If you don't really use this normally, then set it to 10 or even 20 seconds (rather than the default 5).

And of course we have to ask - are you using Marklin cables/terminals between the items - or 3rd party/homemade ones.
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline charles Sharpe  
#3 Posted : 26 March 2014 22:10:06(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Peter.

All cables are marklin. Not sure how I change the boosters from5 to 10/20 secs.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline witzlerh  
#4 Posted : 26 March 2014 22:21:38(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
I have a CS1 as a slave and I have to start it after the CS2 or else the CS1 is not able to run the trains too.

As for the booster refresh rate. I am guessing that you go into the Control and hit edit.
One of the tabs may have something relating to it. This is my guess as I am working.... or at least my computer is....Bored
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline clapcott  
#5 Posted : 26 March 2014 22:42:36(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: charles Sharpe Go to Quoted Post
... change the boosters from5 to 10/20 secs.

My terminology was incorrect.
This is not a change to the booster , it is a value that configures how often the CS2 (wastes time/resource) by going out and getting the latest status from devices.
For Booster this value indicates how often the Temperature/Voltage/Current on the CS2 information panels are refreshed

You will find the setting under Setup(Edit)->View , and it is called "Status Inquiry Interval"

Note: The Marklin help files make reference to only set this lower for debugging - returning it to at least 5 for normal operation.
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline clapcott  
#6 Posted : 26 March 2014 22:53:04(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: witzlerh Go to Quoted Post
I have a CS1 as a slave and I have to start it after the CS2 or else there are errors.

Errors ? ?
Or does it just no work ?

I do not believe I have actually seen any error messages in this scenario.
Are you referring to the Red "X" connection status ?
Peter
Offline charles Sharpe  
#7 Posted : 26 March 2014 23:02:42(UTC)
charles Sharpe

I will have to see how I get the 60213 to start up after 60215 as all the plugs are on a surge board then that goes into the mains sockets.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline witzlerh  
#8 Posted : 27 March 2014 01:20:31(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
Peter. Sorry. I meant to say that my CS1 will not sync or whatever to run loks as a slave if the CS1 finishes start up before the Master CS2.
Harald
Offline charles Sharpe  
#9 Posted : 30 March 2014 07:32:52(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello.

What I have tried over the last 2 visits on the layout is unplug the 60213 from the surge board. I then switch on the surge board which has all other units on it, wait for the 60215 to boot up I then plug the 60213 back into the surge board and when that boots up it comes up with the same message but know if you press the green tick with the little stick you get with the CS2 is goes away and all is ok. I will keep trying this over the next week or so to see what happens.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline charles Sharpe  
#10 Posted : 30 March 2014 07:38:14(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Originally Posted by: witzlerh Go to Quoted Post
I have a CS1 as a slave and I have to start it after the CS2 or else the CS1 is not able to run the trains too.

As for the booster refresh rate. I am guessing that you go into the Control and hit edit.
One of the tabs may have something relating to it. This is my guess as I am working.... or at least my computer is....Bored

Hello.

Let me get this right you are using a CS1 as a slave to a CS2 because if you are that will help on some thing else I want to do. If so are you using the same cable that you use when a 60213 is the slave to a 60215.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#11 Posted : 30 March 2014 09:14:28(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
No Charles, a CS1 does not use the same master/slave cable that 2 CS2 units use.

You need to have an ethernet network connection for both the CS1 and CS2 to be able to use the CS1 as a slave to the CS2. Your CS1 must also be at software version 2.0.3 or 2.0.4, any other version will not work.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline witzlerh  
#12 Posted : 31 March 2014 02:59:38(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
WARNING!
Do NOT use the cable used to connect the CS2's to connect a CS1 and a CS2!
ONLY use EATHERNET cable.
I made the mistake of using the cable PN 60123 and fried my track outputs on the CS1! Now I have a dedicated slave.
I had my electronic buddies look at it and they think it is 2 relays. I can attempt to replace them at a later date.

PN 60123 is only used to connect CS2.

FYI: 60212 is CS1 60213,4,5 is CS2.
Harald
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by witzlerh