Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 25 January 2014 20:15:04(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Here are a few photos of the Roco 44669 (Left) and ACME 52401 (Right) SBB Am Eurofima coaches next to each other:
I took these photos and am trying to determine which model is more prototypical.
The ACME has more detail in terms of the etched brass footsteps under the doors, but my concern is more the coach body under the WC windows, the size of the Washroom windows and the size of the door windows.
I wonder if ACME used the dimensions of the UIC-Z FS (post-Eurofima) coaches for the WC window size. I somehow feel that the Roco is more prototypical in terms of distance between the edge of the window and the coach doors and the size of the windows themselves.
Here is the photo that I have used to compare the two models to the prototype (on the left):
http://www.railfaneurope...isc/SBB_Am%2BApm_RF1.jpg
UPDATE: I uploaded two new photos, showing either the Roco 44669 or the ACME 52401 next to the Roco 44771, recreating the photo from Railfaneurope.net for comparison.

In terms of livery, the models seem to be pretty much uniform. The finish on the ACME window inserts could be a little finer.

I will try to post some additional photos of comparable DBAG models. I also have the OBB models, but the doors have been modified from the original, making it harder to compare the models with the original and newer door designs.

The Ade and Maerklin models also have similar dimensions of the door windows and WC windows to the Roco model.

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 26 January 2014 20:13:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mike c attached the following image(s):
44669-52401.jpg
44669-52401.1.jpg
44669-44771.jpg
52401-44771.jpg
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline danmarklinman  
#2 Posted : 27 January 2014 14:39:13(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Here are a few photos of the Roco 44669 (Left) and ACME 52401 (Right) SBB Am Eurofima coaches next to each other:
I took these photos and am trying to determine which model is more prototypical.
The ACME has more detail in terms of the etched brass footsteps under the doors, but my concern is more the coach body under the WC windows, the size of the Washroom windows and the size of the door windows.
I wonder if ACME used the dimensions of the UIC-Z FS (post-Eurofima) coaches for the WC window size. I somehow feel that the Roco is more prototypical in terms of distance between the edge of the window and the coach doors and the size of the windows themselves.
Here is the photo that I have used to compare the two models to the prototype (on the left):
http://www.railfaneurope...isc/SBB_Am%2BApm_RF1.jpg
UPDATE: I uploaded two new photos, showing either the Roco 44669 or the ACME 52401 next to the Roco 44771, recreating the photo from Railfaneurope.net for comparison.

In terms of livery, the models seem to be pretty much uniform. The finish on the ACME window inserts could be a little finer.

I will try to post some additional photos of comparable DBAG models. I also have the OBB models, but the doors have been modified from the original, making it harder to compare the models with the original and newer door designs.

The Ade and Maerklin models also have similar dimensions of the door windows and WC windows to the Roco model.

Regards

Mike C

Hi mike the Roco one looks better, but its very difficult to tell.
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan