Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kumarvartak  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2013 15:22:21(UTC)
kumarvartak

I am from India and collect Marklin Engines and rolling stock , track etc from the period 1955- 1960.
I have just received an Level crossing 7390. Is yhis a mechanical or electrically operated level crossing without any instructions..
There are two wires attached to it and three rails . . I remember the I had seen instructions of a level crossing on the forum last year, but cannot locate the pamphlet now.
I am 70, and not very good with computers
I am from India and there are very few Marklin enthusiasts here. Please help.
Thanks
Offline Renato  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2013 16:39:50(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi,

A picture could help identifying the item, as in the title you write 7393 and in the post you refer to 7390; the last one is a mechanically operated level crossing.

I am not able to find out item 7393 and I do not know if this item exists (or maybe it is not a level crossing; other experts in the forum can be more precise...).

If correct item number is 7390, it is mechanically operated and should have one yellow cable for the red warning lamp which is lit when the train operates the barriers.

I do not know what the second wire is intended for.

Cheers

Renato
Offline Anton70  
#3 Posted : 23 December 2013 06:40:37(UTC)
Anton70

Australia   
Hi Kumar,
I am new to this site but my interest lies with the era of collecting that you mentioned 50's to 60's (me a little into the 1960's as well) these are what I feel are a golden age of the Marklin range.

The level crossings 7054 and 7390 appears to be solely manual in operation or rather the weight of the locomotive on a pressure plate opens the boom gates whe the train is on top.

7393 i can't see reference to in my resources but maybe another member knows this set.

Also 7192 is an electrically powered set in that the wires connect to sections of track either side of the crossing so that the train approaching can trigger the lowering of the boom gates sooner and therefore more realistically. Also lights etc operate with this model.

I'm not sure the one you have with one wire, perhaps it is a manual set but with a light fitted to the crossing or to the operators cabin?

Please see scan from an early catalog.

Also other forum members here have discussed the instructions for 7192 in this thread:

https://www.marklin-user...Instructions-please.aspx

Scan here:

https://s9.postimg.org/gerd8pknj/image.jpg

Cheers,
Anton
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Anton70
Offline kumarvartak  
#4 Posted : 24 December 2013 17:42:27(UTC)
kumarvartak

Dear All,
Thanks very much for your prompt replies which have proved to be of great help. The Forum has always responded to all my questions.
Thanks again
Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and good wishes for the new year.
Regards,
Kumar Vartak.Smile
India
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kumarvartak