Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline federicofreundt  
#1 Posted : 08 March 2013 04:33:37(UTC)
federicofreundt

Peru   
These stops only have a cable. I have tried connecting these single cables to the yellow enntry without success. Then I have tried the brown entry without results.
With your recommendations all the trains are running properly with the mobile station.
The houses lit with no problem and the item 72801 (metal masts) are working litted without inconveniences.
Please advice me if possible, what should I do to have the Stops with lantern lighting permanently. Where are these cables supposed to be hooked to in the yellows or the browns.

Regards, thank you for the time your recommendations might take.

Federico Freundt
Offline Hoffmann  
#2 Posted : 08 March 2013 04:49:31(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   

Hi.

The Yellow from the Stop Block can go to the B (red track power ) on the C- Track.
I assume you are using a separate Transformer for the Lights (72801) . Would this be a Marklin Tranformer?

Martin
marklin-eh
Offline federicofreundt  
#3 Posted : 08 March 2013 06:24:36(UTC)
federicofreundt

Peru   
Martin:

Are you referring to the red slot at the back of the transformer where there is other three slots.
Which would be, if not the first statement, the red at the C tracks?
I tried the red connector at the back of the transformer and it did not work.

Regards,

Federico
Offline federicofreundt  
#4 Posted : 08 March 2013 06:34:10(UTC)
federicofreundt

Peru   
Originally Posted by: Hoffmann Go to Quoted Post

Hi.

The Yellow from the Stop Block can go to the B (red track power ) on the C- Track.
I assume you are using a separate Transformer for the Lights (72801) . Would this be a Marklin Tranformer?

Martin

Yes , the lights 72801 and the lights for the houses and stations are all plugged into the yellow and brown slots at the back of the 32 volts transformer that came with the small loco tank.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Federico
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 08 March 2013 07:47:02(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: federicofreundt Go to Quoted Post
Electricity flows in circles, so it takes two connections if you use a separate transformer.

Martin suggested to connect the yellow wire to the centre rail of the C track. This should work.

When connecting the yellow wire to a separate transformer, the brown output of this transformer must also be connected to the rails of the C track to close the electric circle.
Never connect red or yellow of this separate transformer to the centre rail.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline federicofreundt  
#6 Posted : 08 March 2013 18:45:54(UTC)
federicofreundt

Peru   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Originally Posted by: federicofreundt Go to Quoted Post
Electricity flows in circles, so it takes two connections if you use a separate transformer.

Martin suggested to connect the yellow wire to the centre rail of the C track. This should work.

When connecting the yellow wire to a separate transformer, the brown output of this transformer must also be connected to the rails of the C track to close the electric circle.
Never connect red or yellow of this separate transformer to the centre rail.

Is it normal that connected the wire to B at the back of track C it lits blinking when trains run? I can guess that taking into consideration the recommendation of connecting the brown wire from the transformer to the opposite of B then the circle should be complete. I´ll try this and get back to you to discuss your hints which seem very helpful.

Regards,

Federico
Offline Hoffmann  
#7 Posted : 08 March 2013 19:14:16(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   

Hi.

Hold it , if you connect the Brown Wire from the transformer (for the Lights) to O of the C-Track you can then hook up the Yellow wire from the Stop-block to the yellow of the Transformer and the light will no longer blink.

Track power is Digital (Mobilstation ) -- Transformer Power is Analog.

Martin
marklin-eh
Offline RayF  
#8 Posted : 08 March 2013 19:57:17(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Please see the enclosed manual:

RayF attached the following image(s):
buffer stop.JPG
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 08 March 2013 20:16:53(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Please see the enclosed manual
Thanks for the picture.
If you leave the red cable from transformer to track away, the setting described as "Analog" will also work for digital.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Webmaster  
#10 Posted : 08 March 2013 21:07:04(UTC)
Webmaster

The flickering ("blinking") of a simple light fixture connected to the "red" centre rail on a digital layout occurs because the digital signal is not symmetrical in its waveform as a pure analog AC feed is.
The "brown" (ground/rail connection) is connected to the rails, but the "+" can be connected to either the "red" centre rail or something else as "yellow" on another transformer.

If you use a second transformer with yellow "live" & brown "ground return" connections to the buffer stop light, the "brown" of that transformer must be connected to the rails so there is a common "ground reference point" for the current.... Kinda like a battery - you need to connect both ends properly before you can get the light to shine... If the "brown" is not connected to the rails, you do not have a "ground" connection to the buffer beam lamp, it's like having one end of the battery from the small "+"-pole (the yellow transformer wire) and then a wire connected to the fat bottom end of the battery (the "-"-pole) that just hangs in the air without any connection to the lamp...

Hope this makes sense...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline federicofreundt  
#11 Posted : 09 March 2013 06:14:05(UTC)
federicofreundt

Peru   
Originally Posted by: Hoffmann Go to Quoted Post

Hi.

Hold it , if you connect the Brown Wire from the transformer (for the Lights) to O of the C-Track you can then hook up the Yellow wire from the Stop-block to the yellow of the Transformer and the light will no longer blink.

Track power is Digital (Mobilstation ) -- Transformer Power is Analog.

Martin

Martin:

I tried your suggestion and the stops lanterns worked as it was expected.

Thank you.

Now I will install the Viessmann semaphores. I´ll do my best and will share results. Hope I do things right.

Good night.

Federico
Offline Goofy  
#12 Posted : 09 March 2013 08:54:30(UTC)
Goofy

Perhaps this solve the problem...
Stop!
Halt!
LOL

Goofy attached the following image(s):
DSC_0008.JPG
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline federicofreundt  
#13 Posted : 09 March 2013 20:48:54(UTC)
federicofreundt

Peru   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
The flickering ("blinking") of a simple light fixture connected to the "red" centre rail on a digital layout occurs because the digital signal is not symmetrical in its waveform as a pure analog AC feed is.
The "brown" (ground/rail connection) is connected to the rails, but the "+" can be connected to either the "red" centre rail or something else as "yellow" on another transformer.

If you use a second transformer with yellow "live" & brown "ground return" connections to the buffer stop light, the "brown" of that transformer must be connected to the rails so there is a common "ground reference point" for the current.... Kinda like a battery - you need to connect both ends properly before you can get the light to shine... If the "brown" is not connected to the rails, you do not have a "ground" connection to the buffer beam lamp, it's like having one end of the battery from the small "+"-pole (the yellow transformer wire) and then a wire connected to the fat bottom end of the battery (the "-"-pole) that just hangs in the air without any connection to the lamp...

Hope this makes sense...

Of course, your recommendations can´t be better, thank you. Now the stops lanterns are working without flickering. The yellow cable connected to the yellow entry of transformer 32 volts and from O on the track runs a cable to the brown entry of the transformer.

Today I will try to install the semaphores from Viessmann. This is not going to be simple as you have to be careful on how to connect each one of the five cables. This I do not remember clearly since I packed the layout on my way back from Boston Massachusetts to Lima,Peru. I have two semaphores HO 4500, to 45081 range. By change I do have the red pieces that have to be pushed in at the end of a C track.

If you can help I will appreciate very much.

Regards.

Federico
Offline Danlake  
#14 Posted : 10 March 2013 08:25:16(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
While we are at the subject...

I have a few 7389 (K track bumper wit LED). These have 2 black wires with no clear distinguish between +/- Confused

So I guess it doesn’t matter what goes to red or yellow and the other ground?

Brgds - Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 10 March 2013 08:43:07(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
So I guess it doesn’t matter what goes to red or yellow and the other ground?
I don't have those. What do the instructions say?

Test the lantern with DC. If it works both ways, then it doesn't matter. If it only works one way, then connect + to 0 and - to B for track current.
Yellow and brown produce a symmetrical signal, so it never matters there.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Danlake  
#16 Posted : 10 March 2013 20:29:31(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Thanks Tom,

There is no instructions included...

I'll test with DC. Actually I might just run in from 12V DC instead (with my dimmer), as 16VAC will probably be too bright and flickering for my like anyway.

Brgds - Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline arcanjo  
#17 Posted : 12 November 2013 17:28:12(UTC)
arcanjo

Portugal   
Hi all!

I have 4 24978 stop blocks with lanterns, but I have a problem, they flicker. I read above the solution with the 32v transformer, but if I do not want them to connect to the transformer what is the solution? I saw in another topic, that in order to stop the flickering, something like a rectifier bridge with 4 diodes will work. What kind of diodes? How they are assembled to the wire? Simple soldering?

Anyone can enlight me? Confused

Regards!

Miguel