Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Mike M  
#1 Posted : 24 August 2013 01:23:49(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Hi Folks,

I need some help here. Just finished wiring level one of my staging yard and I have a few problems I can't seem to solve. I have done the memory, track layout and configured the turnouts. However first off it keeps telling me I have 2 of the same adresses on swith 4&5.Done a complete check and can not find that problem.Second the plan has 3 yards where I have 4.Can't figure out how to program the fourth track. I will try and attach the plan I am working from. My plan is from Marklin magazine 05/12

Any help will be appreciatedConfused

Edited by user 25 August 2013 16:28:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Mike M  
#2 Posted : 24 August 2013 01:35:47(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
hope this worked
Offline Danlake  
#3 Posted : 24 August 2013 13:32:34(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Mike,

Need a few more details so we can start pinpoint the issues.

When and where does is say that you have 2 of the same address?

Does the turnout work manually when you activate from CS2 menu.

When you say you can’t figure out how to program the fourth track, do you mean the no. 4 route (logic)?

Each route basically just switch off power to its own yard and at the same time activate the next yard in the sequence. When you get to the last yard it then has to activate the first yard again and the sequence starts all over.

Brgds - Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline Mike M  
#4 Posted : 24 August 2013 17:24:18(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mike,

Need a few more details so we can start pinpoint the issues.

When and where does is say that you have 2 of the same address?

Does the turnout work manually when you activate from CS2 menu.

When you say you can’t figure out how to program the fourth track, do you mean the no. 4 route (logic)?

Each route basically just switch off power to its own yard and at the same time activate the next yard in the sequence. When you get to the last yard it then has to activate the first yard again and the sequence starts all over.

Brgds - Lasse

It says I have 2 same adresses on the layout plan cs2 Switch 3&4 have k83 output as #4 ??

Switches work fine when I switch them manually on the Keyboard.

Yes I mean the #4 route programming. Can you give me the sequence ? By the way Im using Viessmann 5217 (s88)
and Viessmann 5213 (k84)

Thank you for your interest.
Offline Mike M  
#5 Posted : 24 August 2013 22:05:13(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Mike M Go to Quoted Post
Hi Folks,

I desperately need some help here. Just finished wiring level one of my staging yard and I have a few problems I can't seem to solve. I have done the memory, track layout and configured the turnouts. However first off it keeps telling me I have 2 of the same adresses on swith 4&5.Done a complete check and can not find that problem.Second the plan has 3 yards where I have 4.Can't figure out how to program the fourth track. I will try and attach the plan I am working from. My plan is from Marklin magazine 05/12

Any help will be appreciatedConfused

Can Anybody else help with this problem I am having ??

Cheers,
Offline Danlake  
#6 Posted : 24 August 2013 23:05:20(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Mike,

OK so you are using a K83 (Viessmann) with 4 outputs for 4 turnouts.

The presentation only activates turnouts on the inbound side (i.e. Weiche 4, 5 and 6 is not included in the schematic). In practise there is no harm to the turnouts not to align them properly, before a train exits it.

So I wonder if you do indeed have same address used for turnouts on inbound and outbound side? Or do you have 2 K83 module?

Try to remove address from the turnouts on the outbound side (just keep them manually) and see if that works?

For the last leg in your shadow yard the sequence should be:

1. Power off stop isolated section in this yard (halt)
2. Change turnout no.1 to go straight (weiche 1) in yard no.1.
3. Give power to isolated section in yard no.1

When the next train enters yard no1. it will activate S88 contact no. 1 and start route no.1 (sequence starting all over again).

Brgds - Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline Mike M  
#7 Posted : 24 August 2013 23:31:03(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mike,

OK so you are using a K83 (Viessmann) with 4 outputs for 4 turnouts.

The presentation only activates turnouts on the inbound side (i.e. Weiche 4, 5 and 6 is not included in the schematic). In practise there is no harm to the turnouts not to align them properly, before a train exits it.

So I wonder if you do indeed have same address used for turnouts on inbound and outbound side? Or do you have 2 K83 module?

Try to remove address from the turnouts on the outbound side (just keep them manually) and see if that works?

For the last leg in your shadow yard the sequence should be:

1. Power off stop isolated section in this yard (halt)
2. Change turnout no.1 to go straight (weiche 1) in yard no.1.
3. Give power to isolated section in yard no.1

When the next train enters yard no1. it will activate S88 contact no. 1 and start route no.1 (sequence starting all over again).

Brgds - Lasse

I have 1 k83 hooked up I only have the turnouts hooked up one for one way. They all work with the keyboard so the adresses must be correct. I will take some screen shots of my settings,so that you might better understand what I have done. The problem with switches 3&4 is when I try to rename switch 3 to #3 on the layout part ,it says I already have this number and can not use it.And both switches have the same k83 address #4.

Cheers Mike

Offline Mike M  
#8 Posted : 25 August 2013 00:01:56(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Here are some screen shots of the bottom shadow yard Maybe that will help. I should also mention the problem turnouts 3&4 are on the layout mode of the CS2. Also I have enclosed my complete plan that I am building. The traffic is from the left to the right on the shadow yard in question(bottom one)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mike M
Offline Danlake  
#9 Posted : 26 August 2013 05:10:19(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Mike,

I sent you a PM with some more details.

Let me know how it goes.

Brgds - Lasse
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline Mike M  
#10 Posted : 10 September 2013 17:15:11(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Hi,

I have finished the wiring for my shadow yard.Everything works as it is supposed to but I have a minor problem.When train "A"is released in siding one it goes backward ?? Is this a ground problem. Also I am unclear how to lengthen contact area. Right now I am using just one 24995 contact rail as the trigger. When lengthening I presume I put a piece of track (modified with the outer connection cut)) in between . Do I need the 2nd contact rail 24995 on the other end. Also do I need the rail insulators with these tracks(24995) Bottom line do I always need (2) 24995 contact rails to create an isolated track?

Sorry for the stupid Questions,but I just can't get my head around making Contact sections properly.

Cheers