Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#1 Posted : 26 August 2013 19:38:52(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Hello Marklin friends,

Some months ago there was discussion about software to manage our ever-growing train collections and I had a personal solution for myself that I've now built into a website so others can use it too. The website can be found here

http://collectormetric.com/

You can open a free account and start managing some of the items in your collection. You can add photos, descriptions, custom fields, pricing information and pretty much all you would want to keep track of.

It's also very easy to share items from you collection to the public with links like this:

http://collectormetric.c...b-401f-aeb0-d1ad9df063a8

I look forward to hearing your feedback. This is a project I've been working on for about 2 years and am grateful to the Marklin community for offering this great hobby and community to us. I want to give back with this piece of software so if you're a Marklin enthusiast and think this software would be helpful to you, let me know and I can offer you discount coupons to say thank you!

The software is also in a very early stage and hasn't been released to all collectors yet and I'm only showing it off to this forum right now so you're the first group of collectors to use it! Many thanks for taking the time to check it out...

Best regards,

Paul
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by CCS800KrokHunter3
Offline kweekalot  
#2 Posted : 26 August 2013 21:18:12(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Paul,
WOW, thanks, this looks great, I signed up immediately. ThumpUp

In Europe we have Catawiki, an online catalog too, you can also use it for selling the item in the online Catawiki auction, but it is a lot of hassle.

Your CollectorMetric looks so much better, I'm going to use it.

Marco.
Offline Drongo  
#3 Posted : 30 August 2013 08:43:11(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi Paul,

I opened an account, however, for the computer ignorant, how do you enter the data? In advance - sorry for asking such a dumb question.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#4 Posted : 30 August 2013 18:13:36(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Hi Greg,

Thanks for checking out the site and making an account. That's a perfectly reasonable question especially since I haven't really written a "how to" section yet but hopefully this will be easy once you know how.

1. First create a collection by clicking the "Collections" tab from the dashboard, going to "Overview" and then clicking the green "New Collection" button. Type in a name for your collection, like "Marklin HO" or "Marklin Locos" and add an optional photo and description of what's in the collection.
2. After creating the collection, you'll be sent to the collection items page where you can add the first item to the collection.
3. Click the green "Add Item" button and you'll first enter the item title like "Marklin HO Digital Locomotive" and click "Create Item"
4. Now you've created your first item, but you can add much more information to the item like a description, purchase date, purchase price, who you bought it from, how much it's worth (custom price, or based on item valuations), and you can also add photos.
5. Finally you'll want to look at "Custom fields" that let you further describe your items. You'll see CollectorMetric comes built-in with several templates, like one for a "Digital Locomotive," but you can also create your own custom templates from the "Templates" tab.

As you add more items and fill in more information, your account dashboard will come to life, giving you access to all kinds of information about your collections and all the information about your items stored safely online.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Paul

PS. Thanks, Marco, for your comments as well. Soon I will integrate CollectorMetric with eBay so you can import all your eBay purchases and also list directly onto eBay since all of the item information and photos are already stored in your CollectorMetric account.
Offline TheFatTick  
#5 Posted : 30 August 2013 20:43:11(UTC)
TheFatTick

United States   
Wow! Was working on an excel spreadsheet but this looks way more functional. Thanks!