Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Danlake  
#1 Posted : 28 July 2013 09:47:50(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
I was planning to try and build a few homemade block signals for part of the layout that will eventually be semi hidden.

Either using a bipolar LED (red/green) or 2 individually LED.

My idea was to use e.g. a K84 switching decoder with a 12V DC input and use the address to switch power on/off to circuit.

I am sure there must be a simple way to have e.g. a green LED on when K84 activated and when off the RED should be on instead?

Or maybe not....

I just want a basic setup, without having to use signal modules, additional relays etc..

The reason being I have a few K84 modules in surplus and not being used for anything.

Anyone can help with a simple sketch?

Thanks!

Brgds- Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 28 July 2013 11:22:20(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
I am sure there must be a simple way to have e.g. a green LED on when K84 activated and when off the RED should be on instead?
I think so.
Bipolar LEDs? With two pins only?

The k84 is a two-position switch. You could use AC and have one diode in each k84 branch, but in opposite directions. There could be some flickering.

Or use two voltages: ground, +6V, -6V and have the k84 feed +6V in one position and -6V in the other position.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0