Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rinus  
#1 Posted : 05 May 2013 14:27:21(UTC)
Rinus

Hi all,

This weekend I received the ACME 40201 Sggmrss CEMAT. Its a container waggon of such a beauty i thought its worthwhile to give it some extra attention.

The waggon comes in the familiar box.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Opened I noticed that ACME also included a guidline how containers of different measurements should be placed. Also a goodie bag with high detailed extra parts are included.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The waggon it self is highy detailed and the printings are very clear. The containers are superbly detailed. Much better that the ones I have allready.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Overall i think its a wothwhile addition to my rolling stock. ACME is providing a entire range of container waggons. I might compose a train out of these.

More information: ACME Container waggons

Hope you enjoyed.

Rinus

Edited by user 09 May 2013 23:52:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Rinus
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2013 22:57:22(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Rinus,

Instead of the ubiquitous oblong box, that seemed to be the preserve of the container industry years back, more and more specialized container shapes and constructions are appearing. Certainly makes the modelling more interesting.

A.C.M.E. seem to be doing some nice models, even back through era III, though I have not purchased any.

Thanks for showing these wagons.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 06 May 2013 07:42:00(UTC)
H0

Hi, Rinus,

Thanks for the review. Judging from the pictures, the containers really look nice, especially the tank containers.

BTW: I'd include in the subject that it's an H0 container waggon (the description does not show in the overview) - you can edit your first post to achieve this.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Rinus  
#4 Posted : 10 May 2013 00:01:53(UTC)
Rinus

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm planning to buy some more container waggons. Enough to make a 2-2,5 meter train. I really like the ACME one's. They seem more detailed that Roco's or Märklin one's yet not that expensive as the one's from Kombimodell.

Like Kimball states, ACME offers quite a nice range of waggons currently. I allready have some coaches of them, but for some reason uptill now I had overlooked their freight waggons. they really should advertise more. They have great things to offer.

One thing I should mention: you have to change the wheels to AC ones. Not a big issue, but the standard DC wheelsets will let the waggon derail on K Rail switches.

Regards,

Rinus

BTW I edited the description as you suggested TomWink